JT Scheuerman

white lightning

Hall of Famer
JT Scheuerman is now the fastest 60 meter high school sprinter in the US.He finished 2nd to the Nike Sponsered John Woods in a indoor race last weekend.His time was a 6.78 and he is mainly a 200/400 guy.This is a very fast time for a high school kid and especially for this early in the track season.This is very exciting.JT is considering maybe even running some more 100 meters races this season.

It was also good to see John Woods still running track.He won the race with a time of 6.63!That is blazing.Nike is his sponsor so maybe we can expect bigger and better things out of Woods.He had a incredible college career and is now focused on track.I hope Dusty Stamer can get a sponsor & continue to run too.Who knows what these guys can do now that they can train full time with no home work.

SteveB

Mentor
Thanks for the update Lightning. I have been somewhat following JT, but most of his accomplishments were as a 400m runner. I had no idea he was such a good short sprinter. Good luck to him.

JGNYC

I believe Jarod Connaughton of UT Arlington has the 2nd fastest 55m of year so far...6.23.

I've never heard of him before, but he might be worth keeping an eye on.

surfsider

Guru
Pic of Scheuerman at last February's Simplot games in Idaho.

scheuerman.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nice pic.Thanks surfsider.It's good to see you back on the board more again.I hope everything is going good.I'm anxious for the track season to heat up.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the link JGNYC.This kid will excell under Coach Hart at Baylor.He is the best 400 meters coach in the nation period!

JGNYC

JT came in 4th at the Simplot Games with a time of 6.91.
However, it was a close finish and he was only 4/100's behind the winner.
He's really a 400m guy anyway, so to do this well in the 60m is great.

JGNYC

JT ran a 46.24 at the Arcadia HS Invitational.
Smoking time for high school, especially early in the year.
He came in 2nd by 4/100's of a second.

white is right

Hall of Famer
If there is to be breakout white American sprinter over 100 metres it could be Woods. He is very underrated(because of US depth and skin hue). He semifinaled at the last US trials and could final in the near future. He will need to become a consistent 10.0 to 10.1 guy to be in the relay pool and will need to be 9.9 to 10.0 guy to make the individual team.......

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Good points about John Woods.He has the talent and he is so close.Let's hope that he can get into that range this summer or next.

Just in case you guys didn't know,JT Schuerman will be going to Baylor after high school.He could not pick a better coach in the country than Clyde Hart.Look at what he did for MJ,Wariner and countless others.Let's hope that JT can continue the winning tradition there!
smiley32.gif

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
JT just ran 46.23 at the State Championship in Colorado. That's a state record.
He also won the 100m and 200m.
Nice day at the track, huh?

SteveB

Mentor
Scheuerman may be the next Wariner. Great speed and endurance over the 100m, 200m, and 400m and will be attending Baylor in the fall. I see a pattern here.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Talk about pulling off the trifecta.Congrats to JT on an amazing day.That reminds me of Drew Morano a few years back who now goes to school at Col.State.Baylor just always seems to get the best 400 meter guys year after year.He will have the best in coaching there.Hopefully he will continue to improve.One of the few disapointments from Baylor has been Mark Teter.He just hasn't progressed like we would have thought.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
...I don't know what happened to Mark Teter.
You know he won the Texas State Championship in 2003 in a time of 46.15! Wariner won the year before in 46.52.
Teter also made the finals that year and the year before - his junior and sophomore years.
Yet, since he's been at Baylor he has barely broken 47 seconds. We know the coaching is good there, so I just don't know why he is not running nearly as fast as he did in HS.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
JT won the Nike Outdoor Nationals yesterday in a time of 46.40.
Hopefully he will continue his fast times and winning ways at Baylor next year.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
JT is going to be special at Baylor.I think he has the ability to be another Wariner type.He continues to amaze people all around the country.Baylor is the perfect fit for this kid and the sky is the limit.Good luck to him in the future.Let's hope he can continue to dominate in college like he did in high school.

Vindicator

JT, in Baylor's first official track meet of the 2006-2007 season, ran the second leg for the 4x400 relay team which took 1st place at the Arksansas Invitational last Friday in the NCAA automatic qualifying time of 3:05.82.

JT also ran the 5th best time of 47.41 in the 400 meters. The best time for the distance was 47.04. Let's hope JT gets into shape soon...we know he can run faster!

surfsider

Guru
Scheuerman and Baylor took second at Tyson to Team USA. Andrew Rock was on Team USA and he and Scheuerman ran against each other on their legs.