Josh Ranek

horsehockles

Just quick note on someone i played with in college.... His name is Josh Ranek 5'8" 210lbs,4.5 40, built like a brick sh*t house 2ND ALL TIME division 2 rusher, played in same conference against the same opponents as Lamar Gordan with better football stats and combine stats...Lamar Gordan gets drafted in the 3rd round and has seen plenty of playing time..... Ranek drafted in the 7th round by Cowboys and cut immediately... Just another smiting of white runningbacks you should now about. What a waste of talent. To learn more about Josh Ranek go to CFL website... I believe he plays for Ottowa. He has been rushing for over 1000 yards about every season now. At least their not as racist in the CFL....yet

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We talked about him on here about a half year ago.He is a outstanding running back.I hope that he gets another opportunity to play in the NFL.I need to follow the CFL
more but it's hard to get the games in the States.Thanks for the info.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If you get the deal either with satellite or cable where all the Fox Sports stations are available, there's at least one that shows CFL games, think it's Empire Sports (Buffalo area). The CFL season is just about over, the Gray Cup is this week or next I believe.

Kaptain

Master
It's my understanding that Ranek went undrafted and was invited to the Cowboy's training camp. He was cut for "lack of break-away speed" though he runs about a 4.5. Gordon on the otherhand was praised for his 4.6 speed and I believe is still in the NFL. Ranek was first team all-american and Gordon was honorable mention. Apparently the Cowboys had no room for Ranek as they have several terrific running backs capable of averaging 3 yards a carry. I have always believed NFL players are overhyped and even believe more so now. I'm inclined to believe a good CFL team could beat an NFL team. I don't think this is so crazy because no one believed an NBA all star team could lose in the Olympics. Clearly, the best players are not in the NBA or the NFL. It just proves that what we have to watch is not always the best - its just what is on tv.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Very good points.Take the CFL team with Doug Flutie at the quarterback several years ago.That team was very
talented and would match up with just abut anyone.The
CFL probably has more talented players than NFL Europe
does.Also, in NFL Europe,they still don't want guys like
Ranek to play running back because they are the wrong
color due to the NFL mind set.

Ranek is in CFL tearing up the league now...i mentioned him in another post....6th in CFL rushing last year and 4th in yards from scrimmage....but of course NO NFL team gives him a shot that he deserves

Lamar Gordon was in Miami last year right? Trying to replace Williams...he sucked....they signed Forsey (who did well in his two games in Miami) because Gordon and Minor were so bad

Joethethrow

I've watched Josh Ranek for a few years now and he is one of toughest hard running backs I've ever seen. He's never seen a tackler he didn't want to run over or through, I guess that's why his nickname is "the little ball of hate".

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Does anyone know how many more years that he is under
contract in the cfl.If he is to have a chance at the
nfl,it would have to be within a year or two.I hope he
gives it another chance.This kid is really talented.

Joethethrow

I think he just resigned this year for two years plus an option, so he's probably decided to finish his career in the CFL.

Joethethrow

Josh Ranek had another good game last nightas Ottawa defeated Calgary in CFL action. He rushed for 161 yards on 21 carries and caught 5 passes for 49 yards.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a game.If only he was allowed to do that on Sundays
in the NFL.It is such a shame how these kids are treated.
The last white running back that I can rememeber that was
allowed to be a star was Merril Hoge of the Steelers back
in the late 80's.What a joke.The NFL is so predictable.
They just can't look past skin color.

IceSpeed2

Guru
Man, what a game he had. He was so dominating
on screen passes. As a short receiving back, he was Marshall
Faulkish. Ranek could turn a 5-yard dump into 20 yards. He
looks ideal for a west coast type offense. However, whites are
not allowed to be prolific west coast offense receivers because its
"racist".

I wonder why the CFL is starting to equal the NFL and be more competitive.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I wish I could get CFL games on Direct TV!
smiley19.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Nice pictures hollywoodnorth! Its very cool to see pics of whites running the ball in this day of mass discrimination. Here's to Ranek being the top rusher in the CFL at the end of this season, and then getting onto an NFL team.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree.Ranek is a stud and deserves better.Maybe we should
be happy that at least a few of these guys can go some
where to play.Even NFL Europe is terrible about playing
most white running backs.I know the CFL is bad too but at
least that team is allowing him to be a star for 3 straight
years!That is unheard of in this day & age at running back.
They just don't give whites a chance.Let me know about
the jersey guys.I would consider getting one myself.

Gary

Mentor
Those pictures are great! Ranek has some powerful looking arms-I have to wonder why this guy was never given a chance at a major college or NFL team.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
hollywoodnorth1 said:
There are only 9 teams, so 2 white backs on 9 teams is about 22%, compared to ....about 1% in the NFL.....that's pretty good.

To find the percentage of whites or blacks at a position you have to count the total number of players at that position and then divide by the number of blacks or whites. The 1% figure in the NFL comes from approximately 160 running backs on 32 teams, one of whom is white, so the figure is even less than 1%. (If Lumsden makes the Seahawks the figure will leapfrog to a whopping 1.25%.) If the 9 CFL teams each average 5 running backs, then the number of white RBs would be 45 divided by 2, or roughly 4.4%.

There were two white guys starting at RB last year: Lumsden and Ranek (I think) in the CFL. You don't see too many Caucasian RBs. The CFL has 9 teams. I've never seen an Asian or Latino RB.Edited by: hollywoodnorth1