Jonathan Warzeka

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i know i've listed him in my receivers threads for a while now, but after his big performance in Air Force's bowl game, i thought it was time to make a thread for him.

jonathanwarzeka-1.jpg

Jonathan Warzeka can fly, so perhaps it's fitting that he's an Air Force Falcon. somehow, though, i doubt that former AFA head coach Fischer DeBerry was talking about players who look like Warzeka when he said "We need to sign more affletes."

more "strangely," i wonder how a guy with 10.68 speed in the 100 meters ended up at a service academy? of course,he's just another examplethat proves even if a White kid dominates at a SPARQ Nike combine it doesn't matter ... because he's White. and that means he's not a "real" athlete.

Warzeka dominated in high school as an all-purpose threat, and things are looking bright for his collegiate future as an all-purpose back, as well.

in Air Force's bowl game blowout victory over Houston, Warzeka had 6 carries for 35 yards, 3 catches for 45 yards, and 5 kickoff returns for 175 yards ... including a 100-yarder for a touchdown, Air Force's first kick return for a touchdown since 1985.
smiley32.gif

for the year, Warzeka had 48 carries for an average of 5.6 yards-per, was second on the team with 18 catches (13.7 per), threw a touchdown pass, and averaged 27.9 yards on 12 kickoff returns. in his limited touches, he accounted for 5 touchdowns.

he's a big-play guy with a big upside. he's one to keep our eye on.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
wa33,

Fonnesbeckactually had a personal best of 10.37 in the 100 meters while running track at BYU (in addition to being on the football team), but he suffered a devastating knee injury that ended his football career. *cries*

Codynow runs a speed camp with Nate Soelberg (another phenomenal White speedster) in Utah. you can visit their wesbite here.
smiley1.gif

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
That's awesome to hear that these great athletes are training the next generation of white athletes. These kids will gain knowledge, training and guidance that Fonnnesbeck and Soelberg (maybe) never had.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Freethinker said:
That's awesome to hear that these great athletes are training the next generation of white athletes. These kids will gain knowledge, training and guidance that Fonnnesbeck and Soelberg (maybe) never had.

I second that, a cool thing to see!