Jonathan Borlee(2009 NCAA 400 Meters Nat'l Champ!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
While we need to have a thread about both of the Borlee twins, I wanted
Johnathan to have his own thread after acheiving what Wariner has done.
Here is a great video to pay tribute to this amazing sprinter. Congrats to John on his national championship. The sky is the limit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIat-YKe6XYEdited by: white lightning

StarWars

Mentor
Merritt just ran a 44.83 in Toronto. Borlee just ran a 44.78. If he can go 1-2 with Wariner as a freshman in college then our takeover of the 400 meter will be complete (unclench fist).

StarWars

Mentor
Who are some of the 400 meter runners who have helped this takeover as of late. Hmmmmm...I can think of a few.

Andrew Rock
Jeremy wariner
Martyn Rooney
Tim Benjamin
David Gillick
Johan Wissman
Jonathan Borlee
Kevin Borlee

Am I missing any?

albinosprint

Mentor
my god! I'm in love! actually, I'd bang the whole 4x1! we need to hook her up with Pickering and start the sprinter breeding! who's with me?

StarWars

Mentor
I agree Craig needs to focus his game on Olivia.
smiley17.gif
Or Knock up Irina Privalova. I know she's old but it's for the sake of white sprinters and the takeover of the sport(again, unclench fist). Fabio Cerutti could do some serious macking...maybe he should go for Olivia. Ivet Lolova needs to breed too. Also, all white sprinters should go to sperm banks. Blanka Vlasic probably has some nice genes. And that Swede Kluft. Come on Craig, go get um. Get er done.

Pierce

Come on, guys. 10 of the top 12 400m guys in the world are black. Can we AT LEAST get 7 of the top 12 before we start getting excited about a this "takeover"?

While it's a start, 2 out of 12 just doesn't do it for me.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Maybe so but we have guys about to go crazy. To name a few.......The Borlee Twins, Jeremy Wariner, Martin Rooney, Tim Benjamin, Johan Wissman, Jordan Boase, Claudio L.(Italy), David Gillick, and that is a good start. That is 9 guys not including Andrew Rock(injured) or the other two guys from England and I'm also leaving out the German guys. The point is that we are seeing a world wide increase in elite white 400 meter sprinters. This is great and in the near future, we could dominate all of the top 10 with the exception of L.Merrit and maybe one other guy. This is positive. You are far too negative. Give these guys a chance. I also guarantee that Wariner will defend his title in Berlin. Now that he is back with Hart, he will be fine.

Pierce

StarWars said:
I agree Craig needs to focus his game on Olivia.
smiley17.gif
Or Knock up Irina Privalova. I know she's old but it's for the sake of white sprinters and the takeover of the sport(again, unclench fist). Fabio Cerutti could do some serious macking...maybe he should go for Olivia. Ivet Lolova needs to breed too. Also, all white sprinters should go to sperm banks. Blanka Vlasic probably has some nice genes. And that Swede Kluft. Come on Craig, go get um. Get er done.

Craig's parentswere both sprinters, so you might be onto something.Sprinters here in America hook up all the time, so lets hope they do in Europe as well.

Leroy Burrell (6.48 60m,9.85 100m) and his wife Michelle(7.07 60m, 11.16 100m) have 3 sons. Tim Montgomery (9.92, 9.78 Balco)and Marion Jones (10.65) had Tim Jr., and now she's pregnant with her 2nd child by husband Obadele Thompson (9.87).

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I think we have been doing well in the 400m in the last 5 years. Obviously there is Wariner who was #1 for 4 years straight. Andrew Rock was US Champion during that time and finished 2nd at the WC in 2005. Mitch Potter and Adam Steele were major players for a short time. Matt Scherer was Pac 10 champion before switching events. Jordan Boase has been a very strong contender recently. This is fantastic when you consider that for decades there were no major white US runners in this event.
Outside of the US, Martyn Rooney, Tim Benjamin, and Johan Wissman have been ranked in the top 10. Meanwhile the Borlee brothers, David Gillick, Sean Wroe, Claudio Licciardello, Andrew Steele, and Joel Milburn have been come onto the scene in a major way. So there is some positive momentum...we just gotta keep it going. It doesn't help that guys like Adam Steele (NCAA champ and WC gold medalist on the relay) and Matt Scherer got pushed up to the 800m by racially profiling coaches. But if Wariner stays at the top of his game, more guys will want to stick with the event, and more coaches will let them.

speedster

Mentor
The Borlee twins indeed have good genetics from their father Jacques who ran in the 1980 Olympic games for Belgium but he was born in the Congo.I thing the Borlee boys are mullato.

StarWars

Mentor
The father looks white to me. Could be Jewish but if they have any black in them it's probably on the mother's side. They don't look mulatto, but the curly hair probably indicates they are part Semite, which is my guess common in Belgium because it borders Germany.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
They are white guys. Let's not get too crazy. Cerruti is darker than him. Who cares. They are white and proud of it. Let's celebrate these acheivments. These are major break throughs that will have affects on the future. Congrats again to Jonathan. What a race! I love the pics in the video of Borlee and Wariner. The future!