John Woods

white lightning

Hall of Famer
John is on to the semi finals tommorow in the 60 meters at the US Indoor Champs.He ran a very easy 6.65 in his heat.This will be a very good test for him as they race twice tommorow.Let's root him on and get him to the finals.The US Indoor Champs will be on ESPN2 tommorow.Make sure you guys tune in!
smiley32.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Woods is in the finals.He didn't run well but he still made it! It is on tv from 4-6 eastern time.Check it out guys.Even a top 3 finish would be great in my opinion.This could be a break through season for him.

G

They never said where he placed. I'm surprised there was a 6.56 and a 6.58 after the false start.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hold your head high John!Remember guys,he is coming back from a recent broken toe.I would have to say that he ran very respectable.Now he can continue to get healthy and stronger.I have a feeling that he will run a few new p.b. races this summer before it is all said and done.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
he has nothing to be ashamed about. he ran hard, but he just came up a lttle short. maybe getting that close will push him to work even harder.

also, in the women's 60 meter hurdles, LoLo Jones won the championship with a time just 4 hundredths off the world's best this year. she was the only white woma in the field.

JonesLolo.JPG

white is right

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
he has nothing to be ashamed about. he ran hard, but he just came up a lttle short. maybe getting that close will push him to work even harder.

also, in the women's 60 meter hurdles, LoLo Jones won the championship with a time just 4 hundredths off the world's best this year. she was the only white woma in the field.

JonesLolo.JPG
I think Lola or Lolo is half black? Or has known black ancestry. Edited by: white is right

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I'm pretty sure she is part black. Although in the past few years, she's started to look less and less black.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Susy Kallur has the fastest time in the world in the hurdles and she is 100% white.Lolo looked good today.She seems to carry herself descent at least unlike alot of other cocky sprinters.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great news guys.John Woods ran a new personal best on Saturday to win the 100 meters in Greeley,CO. He won in a time of 10.19 with a legal wind of 1.7!This is a huge start to his outdoor season.I know it was at elevation but this is a great time for only March 31st.In the 200 meters,Drew Morano won.I wish I could have been there to watch such a great meet.

On a side note,Domenik Peterson of ASU won in another meet in a time of 20.75!Outdoor season is officialy in full motion.

white lightning said:
Susy Kallur has the fastest time in the world in the hurdles and she is 100% white.Lolo looked good today.She seems to carry herself descent at least unlike alot of other cocky sprinters.

One has to appreciate someone who knows who Susy Kallur and Lolo Jones are. You are obviously a fan of track & field.

The sites that i visit regularly are www.dyestat.com, www.iaaf.org, www.trackshark.com, and www.milesplit.com. Having roots in Pennsylvania, milesplit.com is a must because of it's excellent coverage of Pennsylvania high school track & field. I also like to visit the Australian t & f site, www.athletics.com.au because it's very interesting how Australia produces so many good t & f athletes from such a small population.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Don't forget trackandfieldnews.comThe forum currently has a discussion on Pickering & Yepishin.I like to go to the various tarck and field message boards.IAAF.org has one but it isn't as good as trackshark and trackandfieldnews.

John Woods is getting ready to represent the US over in Australia at the Stalwell Gift. It is a 120 meter race on grass with a $50,000 dollars in US Prize Money to the winner.That is approx. being changed from the money down under.His new p.b. cost him alot as he will have to start even further back in the race.The best sprinters have further to run.

mastermulti

Master
you'll see from this site that John Woods ran in (yes, it's a popular place to
run) Heat 23 in Day 1

it's very demanding to run on a slightly uphill grass track

<a href="http://www.stawellgift.com/index.php?
<br / target="_blank">option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=30">http://
www.stawellgift.com/index.php?
option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=30</a>Edited by: mastermulti

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Three races for Woods outdoors so far and two new personal bests.He started the year with a 10.19 and then he finished a very respectable third at the Stalwell Gift in Australia.Just this past Saturday,John ran another new p.b. of 10.16! This are very fast times for any time of the year,let alone April.I just don't want him to burn out or peak too soon.The US Outdoor Nationals are in June and off course the World Championships are in August.Let's hope he can continue to improve.I would love to see him get into the 10.00 to 10.10 range on a consistant basis!He might just be the first white american sprinter to go sub 10!That would be incredible.Imagine how many kids would actually look up to him.We need this to happen and for Wariner to continue to dominate.
smiley32.gif
Edited by: white lightning

white is right

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
Three races for Woods outdoors so far and two new personal bests.He started the year with a 10.19 and then he finished a very respectable third at the Stalwell Gift in Australia.Just this past Saturday,John ran another new p.b. of 10.16! This are very fast times for any time of the year,let alone April.I just don't want him to burn out or peak too soon.The US Outdoor Nationals are in June and off course the World Championships are in August.Let's hope he can continue to improve.I would love to see him get into the 10.00 to 10.10 range on a consistant basis!He might just be the first white american sprinter to go sub 10!That would be incredible.Imagine how many kids would actually look up to him.We need this to happen and for Wariner to continue to dominate.
smiley32.gif
He also could final or god forbid get in the relay pool. Does anybody know the last white 100 meter runner to be on a relay team for the US? I think it's Gerald Ashworth?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Woods doubles at the Wyoming Invite. He won the 100 in 10.20 and the 200 in a time of 20.91! John next races on May 6th in Brazil.I can feel a new p.b. coming again very soon.I just hope he isn't racing too much.It is very early in a long,long season!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
John finished in fourth in Brazil on Sunday in the 100.He only ran a 10.29 with a positive wind.He will now take a few needed weeks off to rest.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
John opened up his outdoor season in Australia last weekend. He won both the 100 & 200 meters. He is now living in Canbera, Australia and he plans on becoming an Australian Citizen soon. He will be allowed to run for Australia in another year if the US Track and Field Federation approve it. I don't see why they would object. Hopefully this will help Woods in his quest to take it to the next level. He is 25 already so he only has so many good years left. Good luck to John Woods in the land down under.

white is right

Hall of Famer
It's a good move as he will be able to compete on Australian international teams and get to compete with the big boys at international meets. Maybe he can be late bloomer and peak in his late 20's and make an international final.

mastermulti

Master
Here's what Athletics Australia posted today:
With the temperature gauge hitting 30 degrees, American sprinter John
Woods stole the show at the Ron Clarke Classic in Geelong yesterday,
taking out the 100m and 200m double.

"Facing a tough headwind on a newly laid track at John Landy Field,
Woods clocked 10.52 seconds to claim victory ahead of Nigerian
Commonwealth Games representative Anthony Alozie, before going on to
record 21.72 in the 200m.

The 25 year-old from Denver, who holds a personal best of 10.16 for the
100m, travelled to Australia to run in the Stawell Gift earlier this year.
Inspired to stay, he moved to Canberra in July and is being coached by
Ross Smith, a strength and conditioning coach at the Australian Institute
of Sport."

Forget the times, the season's just starting and he beat the Nigerian
hopeful at the meet.
I'll go see him run in the coming months.

I'll also try to keep you all informed with the downunder gossip for the
next few months while we're sweltering and a lot of you are about to
freezeEdited by: mastermulti