Joe Girardi

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Anyone else think this guy got the short end of the stick after putting together one of the most impressive seasons of managing in te modern era of baseball? He was replaced by a latino as well. All because he told his owner not to yell at an ump for calls during a game. I hope he lands somewhere so his ability can be appreciated.

LabMan

Mentor
Joe may end up with the Cubs,as he is from the area.He is as solid a White man as I have seen,he has a reputation as someone who can handle himself in all situations,a perfect physical specimen,with a "catchers mindset"!

I have heard him speak,whenever the "controlled media"will let the sound bites be aired,and his intelligence was quite evident.If I played the game,I would be proud to say that he was my manager!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Girardi will do just fine. Smart white managers are like smart white QB's, not liked or appreciated by the system but very necessary to a team success.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
He has a great chance to be the Cubs manager, though Lou Piniella probably get the first look. They might take a page from the white sox and pick a former player to manage. If the Cubs do pick Girardi then I guarantee the Cubs will win a World Series within 5 years. Its no coincidence that a Cubs managering position opened up the same year Girardi got fired. The fact that Girardi is from Illinois and played for the Cubs just closes the deal. The Cubs will be champions. The curse has been broken. Hometown hero makes good.

Skipperron

Guru
It was in the news today that Gonzalez was "hired" on Sept 27. so Girardi was gone for a while they just didn't announce it until now. Oh well at least that freak Dusty Baker is gone, although he will probably get an even better job somewhere knowing him.

whiteCB

Master
I think Girardi will definitly be coaching the Cubs next season. I don't see anyone else getting that job but him.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Dusty to San Fran?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Hasn't Dusty already done San Fran? I look for him to be the minority designee of the leagues welfare franchise in Washington.