Jimmy Chitwood and I's Liberty Bowl Trip

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, I don't know if 2 Caste Football regulars have met up and gone to a sporting event before December 29th, but Jimmy Chitwood and I met in Memphis for the Liberty Bowl, after I procured what were supposed to have been 30 yard line seats a couple of months ago.

I'll let Jimmy give his thoughts later on, but this is how the afternoon went down from my perspective. After helping him navigate toward the Liberty Bowl via cell phone, and pulling to within 3 car lengths of me on East Parkway, JC could see my arm waving at him and thus confirmed in his mind that I was indeed a white man like himself!
smiley36.gif
After parking in the back of someone's yard for a $10 fee, we shuck hands and proceeded to walk toward the stadium.

After talking each others heads off outside the stadium, while I tried unsuccessfully to sell a spare ticket, we sat down and started talking about some of the Caste related issues of the day, but not specifically about the South Carolina-Houston game before us. We looked for any sign of white HB Taylor Rank on the Gamecocks sideline, but to no avail. JC then asked a husband and wife who were S.C. fans sitting a couple of rows in front of us if Rank didn't travel to the game. They informed us that he had been kicked off the team earlier in the season for violating unspecified teams rules (I know Jimmy is searching for the specifics as I write this).

Then JC struck up a bit of a conversation with the wife (who was much more interested in listening to the issue of race and football than her immediately turned off husband) about Arkansas football, with which Jimmy is intimately familiar. It was around this time that he explained the anti-white discrimination that plagues the coaching staff and recruiting there. It was cool to see Jimmy at work! She listened, as did several other people around us, although they didn't show it. By the end of the game, JC and I had made a friend out of that nice lady and her 2 year old son, and opened her eyes to the Caste System. Whether her husband will be so open minded is up for debate, but there is a chance!

There were some good plays by the white players on both teams. Houston QB Kevin Kolb played a good game, as did S.C. QB and game MVP Blake Mitchell, who tied a Liberty Bowl record with 4 TDs. The almost all white Houston O-Line played great. The most outstanding player to Jimmy and myself though, was that of S.C. Defensive End Jordin Lindsey. He was the only white to start for the Gamecocks on D for the whole season, but was the best player that night by far. He was all over the field, pressuring Kolb, and was really going 110%. He finished with 2 solo tackles, and had a huge INT which he took upfield 6 yards, and also a nice fumble recovery in the 2nd quarter! Way to play Jordin.
smiley32.gif

It was great to meet another CF member face to face and discuss some important matters. It was also fun to joke about the different cheers and songs played before the game and at halftime. I don't think Jimmy knew what to do when I let loose my Rebel Yell a couple of times at the game!
smiley36.gif
As I got in my car after the game and headed west into Arkansas on I-40, I couldn't help but think that in some small way, Caste Football history had been made. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you and JC met like that.
smiley32.gif
Hopefully there'll be more examples of CFers getting together in the days to come.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
heh. i'm no preacher, but when someone is eager to hear the truth, who am i to interfere?
smiley2.gif

i have to say i had a great time hanging out with the Colonel. he really knows his stuff! his assessment of the game is pretty accurate, so i won't re-count any game insights.

as far as the most notable moments of the day go, the fat girl that sat in front of us had to be one of the most memorable... her rather large backside and the need for a large dollop of "crack spackle" were almost enough to keep me from enjoying myself.
smiley36.gif

as far as Taylor Rank goes, i can't find that he has been kicked off the team, so he was probably just suspended or something. don't know why, though... he has considered transferring in the past, so who knows what will happen...

if any of you have a membership to Rivals (i don't) their are some insider's links involving the info on their Rivals Gamecock message boards if anyone can dig into it...Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Colonel_Reb said:
After helping him navigate toward the Liberty Bowl via cell phone, and pulling to within 3 car lengths of me on East Parkway, JC could see my arm waving at him and thus confirmed in his mind that I was indeed a white man like himself!
smiley36.gif

Thats always a good sign. Who else would he think was driving YOUR vehicle? Al Sharpton?
smiley36.gif

I think thats great that you guys actually met face-to-face, and had some fun at the game. Hopefully, other members will read your post and do the same. It would be interesting to see how the regulars on this site would react face-to-face with one another. I don't think it would be too awkward. And I'm still pushing for that "Annual Caste Football Conference in Vegas" trip that I think would be a great idea.

Whaddya say, Don???
smiley4.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm up for it Ground Fighter! Once I'm back in Utah, I'm not that far from Vegas. Of course, I don't drink or gamble.
smiley1.gif

Jimmy, I neglected to mention the crack-show because I have been trying to erase it from my memory ever since!
smiley36.gif
Thanks for bringing it back!
smiley32.gif

It was a fun time, and I hope more of us can get together somewhere.

cslewis1

Guru
Man, that's an awesome story! I do believe History indeed was made. Who knows, 15 years ago, we all may look back and say, "do you remember..."

Way to go guys!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Some of my pics from the Liberty Bowl.

40659-R1-09-9A_010.jpg

40659-R1-11-11A_012.jpg

40659-R1-12-12A_013.jpg

40659-R1-13-13A_014.jpg