Jamarcus Russell

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yea he only had 120 or so yards passing.  He is considered the "future" of the Titans though no matter what he does.  

backrow

Hall of Famer
sh*t, Boller has a rocket arm and he is reduced to being a backup on a sh*tty team. i am sure he is 200% better a QB than either Russell or Vick.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Seriously, most H.S QBs in the country could be put out on an NFL field, learn a playbook- and do what Jamarcus is doing. He is dinking and dunking his way to 2 TDs and 9 INTs on 5.5 YPA with a 48.3 QB rating. He has already played in almost 2 full seasons of NFL football (27 games) and is yet to show "any" Afroletic "upside".
smiley8.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I don't know what the hype was about with this guy.  He is slow, fat, and stupid.  Yet he must have show some "afroletic" potential that made Al Davis jump for joy. He should get a few more seasons to start though so he can reach his "potential."

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
..... He did manage to make a star out of Dwayne "butterfingers alligator arms" Bowe so that the Chiefs would be as foolish as the Raiders in the draft. Now look at the combined records of these clubs.....

For someone with a "rocket arm," DuhMarcus has a surprisingly low per-completion average. Look at a random Raider box score; often his longest completion is 10-12 yards. He did throw a 80-yd score early in the season, but Z. Miller did most of the work on that play. Russell can't throw the ball accurately for five or six yards.

Besides, if arm strength were the most important quality for a QB to have, Jeff George would have been the greatest quarterback of the last 30 years or so.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Cassiodorus, I'd take Jeff George ANY DAY over "afflete" Duhmarcus Russell the slug "muscle".

guest301

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
Cassiodorus, I'd take Jeff George ANY DAY over "afflete" Duhmarcus Russell the slug "muscle".

I would take a retired Jeff George right now over Russell.

DixieDestroyer said:

Me too. My only point is that George is far from the top of white QBs, although he had one of the strongest arms ever in the game. I'd be hard pressed to think of a white QB I wouldn't take over DuhMarcus.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Cassiodorus said:
DixieDestroyer said:

Me too. My only point is that George is far from the top of white QBs, although he had one of the strongest arms ever in the game. I'd be hard pressed to think of a white QB I wouldn't take over DuhMarcus.

Ditto here partner. I'd take the much-maligned Ryan Leaf over Duhmarcus.Russell has no business in the NFL, much less making millions of dollars. He's the essence of a caste fabricated/hyped afflete.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Dixie we have to look at his upside.  Fatboy Russell ran a 4.83 forty.  That is incredible!!  These affletes at qb sure know how to run.  

So in reality Russell was fat, slow, and stupid when they drafted him.  Why this guy went as the first pick is beyond reality.

Bear Backer

Mentor
DixieDestroyer said:
Cassiodorus said:
DixieDestroyer said:

Ditto here partner. I'd take the much-maligned Ryan Leaf over Duhmarcus.Russell has no business in the NFL, much less making millions of dollars. He's the essence of a caste fabricated/hyped afflete.

Well I don't know about that LOL! Ryan Leaf is one of the few white QB's in my lifetime that I can remember who appeared to have the mental maturity of your standard afflete. Another one would be Cade McNown. Both of these guys were heavily hounded by the caste media and responded with childishness instead of trying to prove their detractors wrong. They both had some very serious character issues that went beyond mere wieneriness as well. Leaf would be pretty much toss ups with DuhMarcus. Jeff George, yes absolutely I would take in a heart beat over DuhMarcus. Even at his age and having been out of the league for 4 years, I believe he would still be as good, if not a better player than DuhMarcus and would certainly have a better attitude. A lot of fuss was made about his maturity level in his younger days, but his attitude was always 100% better than DuhMarcus who can't even be bothered to keep in shape or take his job seriously. Geroge actually turned out to be a fairly serviceable player with a pretty positive attitude toward the later stages of his career, something DuMarcus doesn't look like he has a chance in the world of becoming. Edited by: Bear Backer

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
You are right about that BearBacker.  Leaf was a bust, pure and simple.  He isn't very bright as he was recently arrested for burglary and drug possession.  The guy has no clue what he is doing in life.

Bear Backer

Mentor
Bear Backer said:
DixieDestroyer said:
Cassiodorus said:
DixieDestroyer said:

Well I don't know about that LOL! Ryan Leaf is one of the few white QB's in my lifetime that I can remember who appeared to have the mental maturity of your standard afflete. Another one would be Cade McNown. Both of these guys were heavily hounded by the caste media and responded with childishness instead of trying to prove their detractors wrong. They both had some very serious character issues that went beyond mere wieneriness as well. Leaf would be pretty much toss ups with DuhMarcus. Jeff George, yes absolutely I would take in a heart beat over DuhMarcus. Even at his age and having been out of the league for 4 years, I believe he would still be as good, if not a better player than DuhMarcus and would certainly have a better attitude. A lot of fuss was made about his maturity level in his younger days, but his attitude was always 100% better than DuhMarcus who can't even be bothered to keep in shape or take his job seriously. Geroge actually turned out to be a fairly serviceable player with a pretty positive attitude toward the later stages of his career, something DuMarcus doesn't look like he has a chance in the world of becoming.

Did I actually just type Wieneriness in that post? WHAT? LOL! I can't even remember what I was going to type, but it obviously wasn't wieneriness. What a weird typo.Edited by: Bear Backer

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Bearbacker I did the same thing.  When you try to spell out co-ky it chances to wieneriness because of the filter. LOL

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
That one certainly didn't copy/paste right. Anybody want to edit?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
That one certainly didn't copy/paste right.  Anybody want to edit?

I tried editing it and only made it worse so I deleted it. Srry

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Bear Backer said:
Did I actually just type Wieneriness in that post? WHAT? LOL! I can't even remember what I was going to type, but it obviously wasn't wieneriness. What a weird typo.

Weiner replaces C O C K because of the site filter, however weiner is a good description of that idiot anyway.
smiley2.gif

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
No problem, jax. I like the new term, "weineriness". Seems like an apt description. Anyway, back to DuhMarcus, most castedraftniks were blinded by his stats. He had nice numbers at LSU and was difficult to bring down in the backfield, kinda like a "weeble" with all of that fat. But there are reasons for those IQ tests...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD width="75%">
<DIV style="LINE-HEIGHT: 28px; WIDTH: 450px; FONT-FAMILY: arial; FONT-SIZE: 24px; TOP: -5px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold" ="name">JaMarcus Russell#2QB</TD>
<TD vAlign=top align=left></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>
<DIV ="clear">
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top width="50%">
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="50%" ="table statCont"><T>
<T>
<TR ="game">
<TD colSpan=3>CAREER STATS</TD></TR>
<TR ="col pStatSub">
<TD>YARDS</TD>
<TD>TOUCHDOWNS</TD></TR>
<TR ="oddrow pStats">
<TD>6,625</TD>
<TD>52</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD>
<TD>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="50%"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>
<DIV ="clear">
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 ="border=0"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>Birth Date</TD>
<TD vAlign=top>August 9, 1985</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>Hometown</TD>
<TD vAlign=top>MOBILE, AL</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>Height</TD>
<TD vAlign=top>6-6</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>Weight</TD>
<TD vAlign=top>255 lbs.</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>Age</TD>
<TD vAlign=top>23</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>
<DIV ="game- clearfix">
<DIV ="ng-wrap">
<DIV ="ng-txt">
<DIV ="gp-">
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 ="table"><T>
<T>
<TR align=middle ="stat">
<TD align=left>Stats Overview</TD>
<TD colSpan=10>Passing</TD></TR>
<TR align=right ? ="col">
<TD align=left>YEAR</TD>
<TD>CMP</TD>
<TD>ATT</TD>
<TD>YDS</TD>
<TD>CMP%</TD>
<TD>YPA</TD>
<TD>LNG</TD>
<TD>TD</TD>
<TD>INT</TD>
<TD>SACK</TD>
<TD>RAT</TD></TR>
<TR align=right ="oddrow">
<TD align=left>2004</TD>
<TD>73</TD>
<TD>144</TD>
<TD>1053</TD>
<TD>50.7</TD>
<TD>7.31</TD>
<TD>42</TD>
<TD>9</TD>
<TD>4</TD>
<TD>13</TD>
<TD>127.19</TD></TR>
<TR align=right ="evenrow">
<TD align=left>2005</TD>
<TD>188</TD>
<TD>311</TD>
<TD>2443</TD>
<TD>60.5</TD>
<TD>7.86</TD>
<TD>50</TD>
<TD>15</TD>
<TD>9</TD>
<TD>21</TD>
<TD>136.56</TD></TR>
<TR align=right ="oddrow">
<TD align=left>2006</TD>
<TD>232</TD>
<TD>342</TD>
<TD>3129</TD>
<TD>67.8</TD>
<TD>9.15</TD>
<TD>58</TD>
<TD>28</TD>
<TD>8</TD>
<TD>16</TD>
<TD>167.03</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

DWFan

Mentor
LOL there is one post on here that I tried to repost over and over because it wouldn't let me refer to Sean Hannity as a c o c k e r spaniel

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
No problem, jax.  I like the new term, "weineriness".  Seems like an apt description.  Anyway, back to DuhMarcus, most castedraftniks were blinded by his stats.  He had nice numbers at LSU and was difficult to bring down in the backfield, kinda like a "weeble" with all of that fat.  But there are reasons for those IQ tests...
[]

"weeble" hee hee, I'll never see that guy again without thinking of that word.

Alworth No.19

I've been following the Chargers since '63 and I'm here to tell you that Leaf was terrible on and off the field. No two ways about it. However, if Russell keeps playing as he has been, he might challenge Leaf's career QB rating record.

Russell clearly doesn't have it. One QB that Davis should audition is J.P. Losman, who has now been exiled to the AAFL. If upside is what one wants Losman had all the stats: he rocked the combine after his senior year at Tulane, running, I believe a 4.58, and he has serious gun for an arm. I don't know why Buffalo gave him up on him. It must have been something off the field, as his numbers were better than Trent Edwards, whom Buffalo know recognizes to be an inadequate QB. Losman is still relatively young, but teams in the League are treating him like he's radioactive. It seems to be another Jeff George situation. It's simply ridiculous that George was blackballed, given the horrendus QB play that surfaces every year in the NFL. George may have been a jerk, but he definitely produced, particularly in the later years of career. Losman seems to be following the same script. He would fit in perfectly with Davis', admittedly outdated, "stretch the field" philosophy as he has a Lamonica-like arm. (That's Daryle Lamonica, for all you young un's. Daryle was the prototype Davis gun slinger back in the 60s and early 70s, and he had a cannon for an arm. He's 9th alltime in yards per completion, and I watched him rain many down on the Chargers.)

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Alworth No.19 said:
I've been following the Chargers since '63 and I'm here to tell you that Leaf was terrible on and off the field.  No two ways about it.  However, if Russell keeps playing as he has been, he might challenge Leaf's career QB rating record.Russell clearly doesn't have it.  One QB that Davis should audition is J.P. Losman, who has now been exiled to the AAFL.  If upside is what one wants Losman had all the stats: he rocked the combine after his senior year at Tulane, running, I believe a 4.58, and he has serious gun for an arm.  I don't know why Buffalo gave him up on him.  It must have been something off the field, as his numbers were better than Trent Edwards, whom Buffalo know recognizes to be an inadequate QB.  Losman is still relatively young, but teams in the League are treating him like he's radioactive.  It seems to be another Jeff George situation.  It's simply ridiculous that George was blackballed, given the horrendus QB play that surfaces every year in the NFL.  George may have been a jerk, but he definitely produced, particularly in the later years of career.  Losman seems to be following the same script.  He would fit in perfectly with Davis', admittedly outdated, "stretch the field" philosophy as he has a Lamonica-like arm.  (That's Daryle Lamonica, for all you young un's.  Daryle was the prototype Davis gun slinger back in the 60s and early 70s, and he had a cannon for an arm.  He's 9th alltime in yards per completion, and I watched him rain many down on the Chargers.)

Daryle Lamonica was one of my favorite players when I was a kid. He could really sling it!!! Nice analysis, welcome to the board.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Old Daryle Lamonica - "The Mad Bomber"Â￾. He's largely forgotten. I don't know why. Wikipedia has this to say: Daryle Lamonica went 66-16-4 as a starter, good for a 78.4% winning percentage, second best in NFL history (Otto Graham is the highest at 81.0%). In the American Football League, Lamonica's winning percentage as a starter was 90.0%, on 40 wins, 4 losses and 1 tie in 45 games, the best ever in the AFL.

Not only Lamonica but Van Eeghen, Pete Banaszak, Dave Kasper, Jim "00" Otto, Phil Villapiano, and all kinds of other white guys. How did those Raiders teams manage to win anything without a preponderance of affaletes?