Italian Premiere League

Highlander

Mentor
Given the "situation" of the English Premiere League, I've been watching more of the Italian Premiere League and thought I'd start a general thread about it.

Saw a great match between Lazio and INTER yesterday with Lazio outplaying them and winning 3-1 ...first time they've won against INTER since 2003
smiley32.gif
. I noticed most of the players on Lazio had Italian surnames. Even the sole Brazilian on the team looked somewhat Italian. They have a Lichtsteiner, too, which I'm guessing is German.

http://www.footytube.com/video/lazio-roma-inter-milan-dec03-66483

Europe

Mentor
It is more white,but they still have many foreigners. Inter didn't have 1 Italian play in the Champions League final. Many of the players with Italian names are from Argentina. Of course,there are almost no black "Italian" players like England and France have black players.

The EPL is almost unwatchable now,but the announcers on the Italian games get on my nerves.

Rebajlo

Mentor
Highlander - As Europe pointed out, Serie A features plenty of Argentine players of Italian or mixed Italian background, in addition to Uruguayans who fit the same category. Although one would always prefer to see "genuine" Italian players, in the light of the big picture this is a positive thing as it means that it makes for a far "Whiter" league than the English Premiership, and that is a positive thing.

Europe also correctly mentioned the important fact that Italy lacks "home-grown" blacks. If the scale of immigration into Italy, both legal or otherwise, remains at it'spresent level then such blacks will inevitably appear in numbers.As things go, the current black infestation means that it's only a matter of time (and much sooner than later). Considerable numbers of "home grown" blacksin any society signify a guaranteed concerted push by the usual suspects towards thepernicious "integration via sport" programs. This is exactly what happened in France, England, and the Netherlands. In the case of France, the Netherlands, and Belgium such programs also injected a disproportionate number of Arabs into professional football, while Turks were filtered through this way in Germany and Switzerland.

By the way, Lazio's Stephan Lichtsteiner is Swiss...
smiley2.gif