Iowa senator wants concrete fence

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
King returns from border patrol more committed to building fence

by O. Kay Henderson

Congressman Steve King has just returned from a five-day trip to Arizona's border with Mexico. "It was a real eye-opener," King says. "One cannot get a feel for this without going down there and being in it."

King has been advocating construction of a fence along the U.S./Mexico border, and King says the drug trade he witnessed just reaffirmed his belief that a fence is what it will take to stop the flood of immigrants crossing the border.

"This is my second trip down to the border but this is the one that I learned the most at and the one that really causes me to take a look at this and see it from a different perspective on how many people are coming across the border illegally and how many drugs are a part of that," King says.

Senator wants concrete fence

The Duke

Since the Bush junta loves the Israeli Likudniks so much, they should follow their lead and build a security wall along the southern border. But that would be "racist." Well, isn't Israel supposedly a democracy, why isn't it racist for them when they build one? Don't bring that up, it's an "anti-semitic" question. Well then what about the War on Terror? Shouldn't securing the border be the prime objective in winning the war? No, because then big business would be denied their source of cheap labor.

There's always an excuse, actually there's always special interests whose agenda comes before what's good for the American People.