"Indiana Pacers too White"

dwid

Hall of Famer

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Wow, you beat me to this DWID. I just heard about this on Around the Horn. One team in the NBA comes near a 50 percent white roster and Larry Bird is accused of being a racist. I am sick of this crap.

NorCal831

actually it wasnt a bad discussion. JA adande said that white US players were limited because coaches in HS automatically stick tall white guys in the post and dont allow them to develope an all around game like european players are allowed to do. he also said white players were discriminated (yes he used that exact word) against come draft time because they are only praised for work ethic and always talked about as being limited athletes. he also actually talked about the lack of white HBs and DBs in football and how the white athlete is being overlooked in both football and basketball.

green fire317

Banned
if the pacers have a bad year then everyone will blame it on the white guys...but no one seems to care when the cheifs and rams go 2-14 and both of those teams have a lot of black players.

dwid

Hall of Famer
green fire317 said:
if the pacers have a bad year then everyone will blame it on the white guys...but no one seems to care when the cheifs and rams go 2-14 and both of those teams have a lot of black players.
Just like the Snow Patrol was blamed for being the reason the Saints Defense sucked in 2007 so they brought in Jonathan Vilma to play mlb, hes not that big, isnt a hard hitter and he doesnt seem that athletic.

He does however play smart and takes good angles, but we got him because we needed to get more "affletic" at the linebacker position. People actually believe Vilma is more atheltic than Fujita when Fujita's athleticism is amazing for someone his size, 6'5, 250, ran a 4.5 40 yard dash had one of the highest vertical jumps with 42 inches. The defense did not improve that much with Vilma's arrival.

The only thing that changed in 2007 the dline wasnt getting pressure anymore or doing much of anything. The two DE's that are paid like top ten DE's got fat and sucked. Brian Young had pneumonia and missed most of the season. Since the Dline sucked the Linebackers had to pick up their slack in the run game, and the secondary was the main group that was getting burned partially because they suck and partially because the quarterback having all day to throw because of the pathetic de's.

In 2006 we had the Snow Patrol and that has been the best defense in the Sean Payton era, the difference is Brian Young was healthy and Grant and Smith were actually doing their jobs and were in shape getting pressure. We made it to the nfc championship, the secondary still was a weak point, FS Bullocks looked lost most of the time and CB Fred Thomas was too old and the FS was never where he was supposed to be to pick up the slack. But the Snow Patrol looked great.

2008 Vilma comes in the defense slightly improved, but not because of him, we put Kevin Kaesvaharn at FS and ran more cover 2 who covered up alot of the cornerbacks mistakes but the secondary was still getting burned because the defensive ends were still getting no pressure and Brian Young was injured again and missed some of the season, who do we get rid of in 2009, KK and Brian Young(who was the main reason we shut Adrian Peterson down and held him to 28 yards) There were talks of giving Young a coaching position and letting him play in 2010 if hes healthy which is good, hes better than Ellis (whose supposed to be the next warren sapp) when healthy but hes up there in age. Somehow KK is the one to blame. And the fans were screaming for Shanle to go even though he actually looked like he improved. Well they have been screaming for Shanle to go ever since he got here, yet every player they suggest to replace him never beats him out, but somehow hes less athletic than the guys backing him up.

yeah the black guy was actually talking better about Whites than the White guy on ESPN. The White guy said "it doesnt make sense if you want to win" The discussion I originally saw was around the horn, so it was on two shows today.

Edited by: dwid

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I figured we'd get to this point before too long, where having a 50% white NBA roster would become just as verboten as in the NFL. Sickening!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I'll be cheering for the Pacers the whole way next year.

Of course a stupid castehole like Toni Reali or whatever the idiot's name is would bring up a subject like this. I didn't see the program, but Reali is usually pretty caste too me. Dashiell Bennett is just another racist black who can't handle an NBA team being half white. That is surprising from J.A., who can sometimes be almost unwatchable.

If I were the president of an NBA team, I could tell you right now that my roster a lot whiter than most rosters in the NBA right now.Edited by: Jack Lambert

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
It figures that a WHITE person would be the one to cry racism at the first inkling of the emergence of white parity in any sport where blacks typically enjoy "Brave New World" levels of affirmative action.

It's the badge of the most limited, least intelligent, most patronizing, most condescending, most RACIST sort of white person to seek approval, praise, or recognition for his "progressive" attitude in this way. He or she wants minorities to consider them a paragon of the fight for racial equality. A kind of reverse Uncle Tom.

He or she also wants OTHER whites to consider them this scion of a colorless society, and other whites will clap and cheer either because they have been so brainwashed they actually believe this crap, or because they're so intimidated (more likely) by the thought of being denounced as racists.

In their cretinous efforts to stroke their own egos at the expense of the entire white race (and let's face it, the white race is pretty much responsible for holding civilization together), these bozos look like fools to the more enlightened of ALL races.

The smarter blacks whom these white bigots seek to patronize will obviously have no respect for these White Uncle Toms, correctly calling them on their patronizing attitude and considering them uneducated freaks.

And as for the more enlightened whites who see their fellow "whites" behave in this manner, it's only the incredible result of centuries of breeding and culture of the white race that these traitors haven't been chopped up and made into cat food.

green fire317

Banned
if someone brought up the subject too many blacks on a hockey team, everyone would immediately cry racism.

Europe

Mentor
Bird said " he was insulted when a white player was assigned to guard him." That's pretty pathetic. There is almost no team sport worth wathing now, except maybe soccer and that is getting more and more minorities in Europe also. Why would I pay 100 to 200 dollars to go to a game to make these guys rich?

Taco

Guru
ONE TEAM gets near a 50% white roster and people claim racism. Did they forget the other half of the team is still black? Its as if they (white people who loathe themselves) think black athletes are entitled to the NBA by God and that white athletes are only allowed to play because there weren't any enough black players to take their spot.

The only way this crap is going to end is when black people tell us were just as capable at basketball/football as they are (they beat us at sprints in track, but thats all about times, little room for discrimination in that).

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The NBA is ridiculous. Maybe about 15 years ago the NBA was 20 % white american. It is now only 10 % white american. They have brough in 10 % white players from Europe so the league stays consistently at around 20 % whites.

devans

Mentor
The bottom line is...
It is OK if they win.
No one canobject toteam selection when you are winning, or even exceeding expectations.
Larry Bird can tell everyone to go to hell if the team makes the playoffs because if they are good enough it dosn't matter what color their skin is.
Of course they could end up performing poorly and it is possible it could be more the fault of the non-white players. That won't wash with the public. they will see a "white" team doing badly and assume white people can't perform.
I agree with all the previous posters who say it is rediculous in a majority white country to be accusing a coach of racism for having a half white team or squad.
One good thing is though it sounds like it has started a bit of a debate on the subject of white participation in sports - which must be a good thing.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The Jazz had 9 whites (4 starters) on their 14 man roster in 2004.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Funny you mention the Jazz Colonel. One guy mentioned on around the horn that there were 3 teams that liked to keep white rosters. The Jazz, Celtics and another I forget were mentioned.

guest301

Hall of Famer
NorCal831 said:
actually it wasnt a bad discussion. JA adande said that white US players were limited because coaches in HS automatically stick tall white guys in the post and dont allow them to develope an all around game like european players are allowed to do. he also said white players were discriminated (yes he used that exact word) against come draft time because they are only praised for work ethic and always talked about as being limited athletes. he also actually talked about the lack of white HBs and DBs in football and how the white athlete is being overlooked in both football and basketball.

I was pretty upset with how the Around the Horn guys were handling this subject but was pleasantly suprised at what black sportswriter JA Adande had to say on PTI as Norcal831 posted above. Maybe Adande is aware of and has frequented Caste Football or maybe he just has common sense.

whiteCB

Master
Colonel_Reb said:
The Jazz had 9 whites (4 starters) on their 14 man roster in 2004. 

That's not as big a deal to the MSM because it's a "diverse" mixture of white people from Russian Kirolinko to Turkish Mehmet Okur. The media has a problem white the Pacers's whiteness because all of them are white Americans. That's the real problem.

NorCal831

i didnt catch the discussion on around the horn, but i remember a similar discussion about white athletes taking place when they were discussing hansbrough and how he was annoyed at always being called a hard worker. Kevin Blackistone (a black sportswriter) went first and immediatley talked about how white players were always stereotyped as being hard workers and limited athletes. Jay mariotti and the host had this shocked look like they were thinking, "i cant believe he just said that". Jay mariotti went next and immediatly began ranting about how that was rediculous and how hansbrough really hasnt that athletic. Tim cowlishaw went next and dissmissed the possibility and kind of side stepped the question. Blackistone by far presented the best argument but was given very few points and was elminated. after the discussion ended mariotti made the comment, "hansbrough only jumps this high (using his hands to show a small height)." i guess mariotti missed some of those 360 dunks tyler had in college...

this segment was just a microcosm of most sportwriters in general. only black sportswriters seem willing at all to discuss the underrepresentation of white athletes (like blackistone and adande). this is somewhat understandible because a white sportswriter might be labeled as racist, but the scared little girl ruotine from white sportswrites whenever the subject is brought up is getting old.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Norcal it's not that a white may be called a racist. He will be called a racist. He may also lose his job for bringing up the truth.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
This is another time when I'm glad I don't have ESPN anymore. The world worst cable package dropped it on May 1. I think you make a good point about the Jazz and their Euro players, white CB. Another aspect is that the Pacers have been a very black team, whereas the Jazz have always had above average whiteness. The fact that Bird is changing a black team to a white one is what infuriates the casteholes, along with their using American whites.

NorCal831

i disagree, i think there are ways they can present to facts where they will not be called racist, especially in these talk shows. they need to do more than just appear shocked and give their PC responses.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Haha thats funny. I just laugh this stuff off and hope the Pacers can surprise a few teams this year and maybe land a playoff spot, just as long as they dont beat out Jumpin' Joe and The Man from Down Under Bogut.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I was actually thinking of posting something on this topic a week ago when I read some disgusting articles. Actually the Pacers have 7 of 17 on their team right now white. If you don't count the guys listed as FAs for this year it's 5 of 11. This isn't even half in our 75% white country and people are complaining?

Here's some articles to show just how much white athletes are emasculated. Even though Tyler Hansbrough tested out more athletically than DeJuan Blair and Sam Young these idiot analysts would rather have a shorter, less athletic player with a less productive college career:

http://thescore.ibj.com/content/?p=1038

http://fansided.com/2009/06/29/the-whitewashing-of-the-indiana-pacers/

Here's an article by a an anti-white black "journalist":
http://www.mouthpiecesports.com/blog/2009/06/29/pacers-sitting-on-stockpile-of-white-dudes/

Here's a sickening DWF thread:
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/15765829/0/0/15774023

Here's what Yahooligan analyst Kelly Dwyer wrote on the Hansbrough pick:

"We can joke about Hansbrough's pigmentation until we're white in the face, and make white of Larry Bird's seeming predilection toward players of a certain tone. What we can't joke about is his game. He can play, ably using up minutes, and he's a solid pickup for a low-lottery selection."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Ranking-the-2009-NBA-Draft?urn=nba,173096&cp=5

Hey, at least Kelly Dwyer and Chad Ford gave Hansbrough a little credit- more than Walterfootball and other caste losers would. But how is 7 of 17 players being white a predilection toward white players?