Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80%

• 90%

• Total voters

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Maybe I should have voted 80% b/c whites traditionally have that great work ethic. What is it now a 144 game season? I don't really know enough about baseball to get the best picture; also some of those "Hispanics" are really majority white Hispanics. I probably should have voted 80%.

Plus baseball is a very disciplined/fundamentally sound and even strategic game.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I voted 80 but I'd probably say between 70 and 80. Whites dominate pitching and I think it will remain that way. Hispanics are highly over-represented due to economics and the GM's obsessions to find the next Manny Ramirez or Pedro Martinez. The number of Japanese players is on the rise. Also a fad, other than Ichiro, Dice K and CM Wang most of these guys stink. I think blacks % in baseball is right where it should be.

So I guess whites are mostly screwed by undeserving Hispanics and Asians.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
162 Tough J. Whites have always loved the game and at amateur levels at least around here whites make up 90% of the players1 THe MLB had to go to Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and Colombia to meet their black quota of players. I vote 70% white 15% latino 5 % black 5% AsianEdited by: celticdb15

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
By the way I voted 70%, but I could see MLB being even 75-80% white if things were fair given my above analysis about how baseball has a lot of "white qualities" to it as a game.

I really don't know enough about MLB; I am a very lackadaisical fan. Some Hispanics are definitely good at the game and they seem to be passionate about it. Also, there have been a handful of good Asian prospects that have come around lately, so 70% still seems pretty reasonable to me overall.

Solomon Kane

Mentor
I voted 80% because I think in a fair system there should be limits on foreign entry into the major and minor leagues, so thatwill restricta lot of mestizo, carribean black,and asian influx.

In a fair system which still allowed owners free pursuit of foreign players, MLBwould still be 70 % white--because whites dominate college and High school, and their fundamentals are so sound. Also there are better and more consistent starting pitchers among US whites. If the ownersactedintheir own true interest and that of the true fans---they would see that all of the stars of the future they need are right in front of them.

Europe

Mentor
I would say 85 to 90 percent since there shouldn't be any foreign players in MLB. Let the latin countries and Canada start their own leagues. Even if the Asian and latin players are better they shouldn't be here. They offer nothing to Americans who have had their job stolen. The Domincan league, Mexican pay nothing. It infuriates me to see the foreigners in MLB. Then you have the Venezualans in Toronto rooting for Venezuala.Get back to Venezuala.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Well if you're going to ban foreign players certainly I could see 85% white or so; even in our only 66% white nation by the latest census.

However, in this globalized economy top leagues in most countries try to import other country's best players...

I mean I don't think you guys would like it if the NBA banned imports. There would be so few whites b/c of U.S hatred of white athletes. So I still sick by my assessment of lets say 70-75%. I could see limiting foreign players possibly but not banning them. What we need is color blind evaluations of talent for who they bring in.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

j41181

Master
66% White????

80% of the USA is WHITE!

USA 80% White

This data is as of July, 2008.

About 15% of the USA is Hispanic, of which 50-60% of this WHITE. Many Hispanics are white (Cameron Diaz, Charlie Sheen, Emilio Estevez, Salma Hayek, Andy Garcia, Christina Aguilera to mention).

66% may mean those of who are European American. That cultural group is declining (obvious reason), and in about 50 years, the White population will be pluralistic, it will neither be Euro or Latin/Hispanic, but white is white. It may not matter whether you speak English/Spanish, a Protestant/Catholic/Atheist, or a European/Latin/Hispanic.

People like Robert Redford, Paul Newman, Marilyn Monroe, and Michelle Pfieffer are certainly on the decline, but the US white population continues to increase (from White Hispanics). The reason why many Hispanics aren't considered white is because many don't salute to the US flag, and embrace American culture.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
66% White????

80% of the USA is WHITE!

USA 80% White

This data is as of July, 2008.

About 15% of the USA is Hispanic, of which 50-60% of this WHITE. Many Hispanics are white (Cameron Diaz, Charlie Sheen, Emilio Estevez, Salma Hayek, Andy Garcia, Christina Aguilera to mention).

66% may mean those of who are European American. That cultural group is declining (obvious reason), and in about 50 years, the White population will be pluralistic, it will neither be Euro or Latin/Hispanic, but white is white. It may not matter whether you speak English/Spanish, a Protestant/Catholic/Atheist, or a European/Latin/Hispanic.

People like Robert Redford, Paul Newman, Marilyn Monroe, and Michelle Pfieffer are certainly on the decline, but the US white population continues to increase (from White Hispanics). The reason why many Hispanics aren't considered white is because many don't salute to the US flag, and embrace American culture.

I heard 66% white directly from "FOX NEWS" almost a year ago reporting on the 2008 census. So they must have lumped all Hispanics into a separate category.

I would say most American Hispanics are not purely white they're part white; so you might consider many of them their own racial group. The Mexican immigration brings the biggest flooding of Hispanics into this country and most of them are part Indigenous. Cubans who have flooded Florida and Miami "percentage wise" are more of pure Spanish stock, but lots of them too have indigenous or even black heritage. Puerto Ricans are a fairly mixed race group. What about Dominicans? They are considered "Hispanic" and are virtually never white.

I am new to this area and am much more familiar with Canada. I only know what I heard on Fox News, but it was also reported that by 2050, get this, whites would "not be the Majority" of America. So they must be counting Hispanics as an entirely different group.

I hear that on many job applications in Jersey or College entrance applications they will often ask for your race (which is used for discriminatory purposes) and it will give two choices for Hispanic of "non-white" or "white" Hispanic.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

j41181

Master
This is a strong matter I have looked into for the past 2 years, way before my joining of Caste Football. I have observed Caste Football casually for the past 2 years also.

Hispanic is not a race, its an ethnic/cultural group identity. Race may mean your either Caucasian (white technically, but Indians and Arabs are also Caucasian), ******* (black), and Mongoloid (yellow, Asian). Ethnicity and culture may also mean nationality. Edited by: j41181

j41181

Master
The only difference I see between "white" Hispanics and white "Non-Hispanics" is: Language (English - Spanish), Religion (Catholic - Protestant/Atheist), and national and cultural identity (Europe - Mexico/Cuba/Latin America).

Names also (John Smith - Juan Lopez).Edited by: j41181

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
This is according to Wikipedia, unfortunately it is outdated and from the 2000 census:

White Hispanics by National Origin, 2000 Census
Hispanic Origin GroupWhite Population Percentage Mexican   ; 9,870,433&n bsp;  &n bsp;47.3
Puerto Rican  & nbsp;  1,605,049&nbs p;  &nbs p; 47.2
Cuban  & nbsp;  1 ,060,854 &nbs p; 85.0&nbsp ;Dominican&n bsp; &nb sp; 180,856   ;    ;22.7
Central American 735,879   ;    ;40.4
South American &nbs p; 838,270&nb sp;  &nb sp; 59.6
"Other Hispanic" 2,534,786 &nb sp; 44.8

Almost every Mexican I've seen around here in Jersey doesn't look too white to me (they are often shorter and Native looking and look very different than when I was in Spain; I must sound like a stereotypical Texan talking here: "them ain't too Spanish looking to me y'all" just kidding here.). So 47.3% of the Mexican population reported being white in 2000, it likely depends on what criteria they consider white. It's probably 47.3% consider themselves half white or more.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

j41181

Master
ToughJ.Riggins said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Hispanic

Here is a link to the above graph: They never copy correctly in this forum.
Good point, I actually got most of my knowledge from there. Even if most ordinary American Hispanics look Indian and mestizo, there are still those who are blond and brunette like Cameron Diaz and Manu Ginobili. The Lopez twins (NBA) are unmistakeably white, it's their Spanish name (Lopez) that makes them distinct from "mainstream" and "typical" whites.