Ichiro and other asians

jcolec02

Mentor
Is there anyone else out there besides me who appreciates asian atheletes??? I mean sure...there arent many of them...and they are only in certain sports but i love to see Yao Ming out play shaq's fat ass, or Ichiro outrun his black competitors. I guess what im trying to get at is that asians (unlike blacks and latinos) are similar to us in that they do not show boat and for the most part only care about winning. Take Yao Ming. Highest scoring center...yet the biast media still considers shaq better. Now think of Ichiro...the fastest player in baseball...but no one would consider him faster than Juan Pierre...simply because he isnt black. I think that asians have went thru alot in the sports world and in the U.S. in general (especially when you think of the stereotypical korean store clerk being robbed at gun point by blacks) but even with all that being said they still seem to be by far the best example of what a minority should be. Now DONT GET ME WRONG...i am white and proud of it and have never and will never think of asians as better than us, but i have ALWAYS found that they are the closest race to whites when it comes to technological achievments (10 times more intelligent than blacks or hispanics in my opinion) and also in there culture and the way that they treat others and seem to have a certain honor about them. Now once again i must state that i am white and in no way think of asians as superior (especially atheleticly) but out of all other minorities they are the most overlooked...and the most under-rated in all of sports. I grew up a huge godzilla and anime fan and always got along with asian kids and hardly ever got along with other non whites (asians never tried to fight me or take my money or called me names such as latinos and blacks) so maybe i am a little biast...but in closing i must say i have always been fond of the asian culture...there people...there technology...and they general way that they seem to get along and embrace whites and our culture more than any other minority.....One last closing statement....other than whites....who would you rather moved in next door to you...20 year old asian male...20 year old black male...or a 20 year old latino male.....i think you see what im getting at.....PLEASE post comments of what you all think of my theory and please understand that i am proud of who i am...but i do think there are differnces in asians compared to other minorities.....THANKS ALOT!!!

P.S. GO KLITSCHKO!!!

white tornado

Mentor
Asians are veiwed as the worst athelets of all by most people.

whiteCB

Master
Good points and comments and your right about how Ichiro's speed is downplayed yet someone like Juan Pierre is always complemented on his wheels. Asians have a strong work ethic and take academia very seriously. That's why they are successful people and maybe not as prevelent in sports because they're too busy doing calculus homework and not working on their jump shot.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Asians have always been the model minority so thats not much of a theory.

Now think of Ichiro...the fastest player in baseball...but no one would consider him faster than Juan Pierre...simply because he isnt black.

I don't consider Ichiro the fastest player in baseball but he's way better player than Juan Pierre.

and they are only in certain sports but i love to see Yao Ming out play shaq's fat ass

I've given up on basketball and football. They'll never be a majority white again. But I like to hear about Yao Ming and Nash.

white tornado said:
Asians are veiwed as the worst athelets of all by most people.

Everyone fears the karate chop!

KG2422

Mentor
I find Asians less disagreeable than other groups ,but they are still a group that sticks together and competes with us for resources. It also depends on which Asians you are talking about. The Japanese have a very admirable culture , but most of the Asians in my area are from Vietnam. They do have their share of crime. The triad gang is a serious problem. I see what you are saying, but I would rather us be friends with Asians from across the pond. Asians understand this. They don't allow us to immigrate to Japan.

jcolec02

Mentor
did anyone see that throw ichiro made eilier this month? how bout that amazing catch last year? Adam Dunn and Ichiro Suzuki are my favorite players in the MLB. and Dirk Nowinztski are my fav in basketball....BTW...some asians in certian areas may have a small problem with crime...but...they dont prey on whites and there crime doesnt compare to blacks and latins

whiteCB

Master
KG2422 said:
I find Asians less disagreeable than other groups ,but they are still a group that sticks together and competes with us for resources. It also depends on which Asians you are talking about. The Japanese have a very admirable culture , but most of the Asians in my area are from Vietnam. They do have their share of crime. The triad gang is a serious problem. I see what you are saying, but I would rather us be friends with Asians from across the pond. Asians understand this. They don't allow us to immigrate to Japan.

Where in Texas are Vietnamese commiting crimes. I didn't even know Asians exsisted in Texas. lol

white is right

Hall of Famer
In my city many of the worst criminal offenders in terms of pimping and marijuana growing are illegal Viets and Chinese. But as a whole Asians are law abiding people. As for who I want living next door a pale blonde "hispanic" like Cameron Diaz..........
smiley36.gif

KG2422

Mentor
whiteCB said:
Where in Texas are Vietnamese commiting crimes. I didn't even know Asians exsisted in Texas. lol

Port Arthur and Beaumont. Most of the problems come from immigrants' children as is the case with most immigrant populations. The Vietnamese came mostly to work as shrimpers amd their women work as nail techs. Edited by: KG2422

SeaJim

Guru
jcolec02,
i would always prefer a white guy next door versus any other ethnic group, unless that white guy was married or dated non whites. but if i had my druthers i would say i have no problems with certain asian ethnic groups (japanese or chinese origin). other asian groups as mentioned (vietnamese for one) are less desirable.