I am a European-American

nordic_miler

Ever come across a sheet you have to fill out that asks you what your ethnicity is? Today, I did so. And frankly, it is such BS when I have to put down "White". No, I'm not upset, you see, that I am white. No siree. It's just that there is no "black" or "yellow" or "red" for that matter. Thanks to out Politically Correct nation, here were the options.

-African American
-Asian American
-American Indian
-White
-Pacific Islander(can't remember exactly)
-other

So, if blacks can be called African-American, and hell, if Asians are Asian-Americans, why can't I be considered a "European-American? Seriously, why not? The closest I've heard is white-american...but I thought this was the land of the free amd it's all about equal this equal that. Well, I want to be treated equal so all whites living in American should be called European-Americans. But that's racist I forgot.
smiley4.gif

JB Cash

nordic miler I would encourage you to check the "other" box and when asked to fill in your ethnicity write in what you please, Euro-American is fine. Let us stand up and be counted and not be cowed by idiotic government paperwork. (Although I frequently do not fill in this information as it is usually not required and, if you are Euro-American, no one cares what you put down.)

nordic miler I would encourage you to check the "other" box and when asked to fill in your ethnicity write in what you please, Euro-American is fine.

That is an excellent idea and one I will use in the future.

The term 'White' should mostly be used as slang IMO and when someone is in a serious situation (at work, school, talking about politics) I think the term that should be used is European-American.

There is a neo-con talk show host named Lars Larson (I dislike him because he is a hard-core Zionist who has interviewed JDL members and has even insulted the memory of Vidkun Quisling on the airwaves) who once commented that he dislikes the term White because it doesn't include American in it and that this thus implies that Whites are not Americans whilst all the other hyphenated groups commonly use their hyphentated terms to try and sound more American. (my hunch is Larson wants us all to be Americans as that will increase consumers for capitalism. Greedy capitalist pigs always are for destructive multi-culturalism, the only hope economically is for nationalism, maybe protectionism, or fascism)

JoeV

Guru
The term African-American does not make sense either. What about blacks who come from Jamaica or Haiti? Plus there are blacks in European countries also. Would someone call Lennox Lewis an African American or a African Britishman?

white tornado

Mentor
African Britishman? is an oxymoron because an African can't be a Britishman.