Huggy poo and tears

Bart

Hall of Famer
Dick Vemeil seems like an all-around great guy and nice fellow but I'm glad he's gone. Maybe coaches like Lombardi, Tom Landry and Bud Grant were too tough and stoic but we have gone too far in the other direction. Why is it fashionable for men to cry at the drop of a hat and go around higging and kissing 300 lb. sweaty football players. Did you see the sideline affair with Tiki Barber the other night after he had a good game? You'd think he found a cure for cancer. A handshake and a slap on the shouder was always considered adequate. When did Oprah take over sports? I like the old days better.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
While things may have been a bit overly macho and stoic in the Lombardi era, since then it has been a continual movement to a ridiculous extreme in the other direction. It was unthinkable for men to cry at almost any public event or function until recent years, and understandable when women did. Now we see men cry much more often than women. Feminism has turned society upside down andas a result there aremany white men who are women emotionally and many white women who are men emotionally, just one of the many deadly assaults upon a once healthy society by the revolutionariesintent on destroying Western civilization.

Vermeil cries more often than Lucy Ricardo in "I Love Lucy."In the past, aman like that not only wouldn't have been allowed to coach, he would have been regarded as ill, and rightly so.