hockey updates?

this is my favorite section of the forum. i like watching Stanley Cup games and the history of the sport is very interesting.

The fan support of hockey seems totally different from that of basketball. Hockey seems to have the real hard core fans.

The New Year's day game is coming up and that should be electric. I plan on watching that game. It should be great for the sport. Hockey could be the 3rd biggest American sport soon... basketball seems to be faltering, even though i think the league has as much talent as i have ever seen.

Does anyone know of any other good hockey forums?

the NHL outdrawing the NBA story is a very intriguing one and hopefully caste football will follow up on it.

... i have also noticed that pro football is rather boring sometimes. ... and i have never really gotten around to baseball. Stanley Cup just maybe the best sporting finale out there.

If anyone has any good hockey related stories or info. keep us posted!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
You're right, castefootball's hockey forum sucks. The sport is ignored too much here. Us hockey fans need to do a better job.
smiley18.gif

jaxvid said:
You're right, castefootball's hockey forum sucks. The sport is ignored too much here. Us hockey fans need to do a better job.
smiley18.gif

i got interested in hockey again recently due to this forum. i find it fascinating that NHL popularity is holding its own against the NBA.

maybe the New Year's outdoor game will spark some interest in this forum.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
We don't seem to have a lot of hockey fans, but the hockey forum is a lot like the golf and tennis forums in that they're about sports that whites dominate and there is no short-term or long-term threat to that in spite of the best efforts of the Caste System, so there's very little going on most of the time asfar as hot topicsinvolving God's Chosen Affletes.

I can tell you it's a lot easier to follow the NHL when you live in a market that has a team. I used tokeep up withthe Penguinsthrough the Pittsburghmedia and watch a lot of their games on the local Fox Sports channel. By following them closely it was easy to also know a lot about the other players and teams in the league. But now I can only watch the Penguins when they're on nationally on Versus, and the local paper has very little about the NHL.

BTW, as far as I can tell we still don't have a single NASCAR fan that posts here regularly. If you took a poll of our ignorant opponents, probably 99% would bet that NASCAR is the favorite sport of CF supporters.
smiley36.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
For any hockey fans that want to visit a good venue check out Joe Louis Arena in Detroit. Don't let the name fool you, it's the home of the Red Wings only and they have done a great job with it. The concourse is filled with memoribilia from Red Wing teams of the past. It's a virtual paeon to the white athlete.

Gordie Howe, Steve Yzerman, Nick Lindstrom, Terry Sawchuk, and many others are featured in life size pictures, statues and other exhibits. Since hockey is the only sport played there the players profiled are all white without any token minorities. It's a nice place to see a game too. Easy to access with good seats. A fitting home for the NHL champs.