Hockey Finally Started!

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Dear NHL fans,

Hockey offically started in Chicago on Tuesday. Why? Because you wouldn't know hockey started Oct 5th. You see we don't televise Blackhawk home games. Yep, we black them out, even down by Peoria. So, since the Blackhawks played 3 straight home games it has been quite hard following them. There is always the radio, but if you don't like that, you're screwed. Owner Bill Wirtz does not give his products away, he expects everyone in a 100 mile radius to drive and see every home game. Now we're playing aways games, so we can offically declare game on!

Thank You

P.S. Peoria is offically 165.20 miles from Chicago which is roughly 2 hours, 44 minutes.

Realgeorge

Mentor
Howdy Bear-Arms ! I Feel your Pain !

The hopeful restart of theNHL is tempered by the grim reality that the NWO still controls the teams, the networks, and the union. Hardly suprising that the nice man who owns the Blackhawks tortures his "fan base" by making games nearly impossible to watch unless you fork over huge sums.

Hang in There!

Edited by: Realgeorge

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Realgeorge, what is going on in that picture?
smiley36.gif

Realgeorge

Mentor
Hi Bear-Arms

That's the confused mind of the Chicago Blackhawks' owner (he's the smiling gray-haired guy)

Bear-Arms

Mentor
What is with the women?

Realgeorge

Mentor
Howdy Bear-Arms

The women? Why, those are the Chicago Blackhawks Ice Crew! The official pom-pom girls of the Blackhawks franchise. It seems the Blackhawks' owner thinks the Hawks are a football team. I wonder if they skate around in choreographed dance in between periods? If so, what a cool promotion! Especially if the Hawks produce another non-winning season.

But who's complaining? Far as I can tell Chicago is the only NHL franchise with a cheerleading squad.

Any CasteFootball hockey fans know of any others? I'll post them too!!

Bear-Arms

Mentor
I didn't even know they had cheerleaders! I haven't been to game in awhile, last one was a playoff game, so that tells you how longs it's been.
smiley36.gif

How is Thibault(T-Bo) doing? You're a pens fan right?

Realgeorge

Mentor
Hello Bear-Arms !! Hello Nationalist Hockey Fans !!
The Hockey year is shaping up great [Thibault is playing well, his teammates not-so-hot, the Pens have only two wins, but they'll get better] If you haven't watched, turn it on! The game is fast, and resembles play from the 1970s. If there's any difference, it's the generally high talent standard across the NHL compared to the 1970s. During that wonderful decade, there were several absolutely awful teams, veritable daily punching bags for the good teams to feast on. Not this year. Everybody has talent and speed, and the poorest team can knock off the top dog on an odd evening.
I knuckled under and bought the $130 all-season hockey package from DISH. Am pleasantly surprised. Get the "regional" coverage for each team, e.g. TSN, FOX South, CBC, and some strange beast in Ottawa, I think it's "Rogers Cable Network". Superior to the "national" broadcasts of ESPN. Fewer commercials, no anti-white slurs, no fawning over whats-his-name in Calgary, no Barry Bitter in between periods.
An observation: I noticed some Rothschild-speak in the owners' discussion of scheduling. This year the "rivalries" are to be "emphasised" by restricting schedule to largely the teams in one's own conference. Everybody players their neighbors eight times, while only four times for in-conference and 1 or 2 on the other coast. What's really going on? Lack of cash is forcing NHL teams to not travel, so that only 2 or 3 major road trips this season will occur. Rivalries, sure.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Realgeorge said:
the Pens have only two wins, but they'll get better
Thanks for giving the Penguins an extra win, they could use it!
smiley2.gif

One thing that is more of a gimmick than ever in the NHL is the way points are awarded. The Penguins have lost 10 of 11 games, yet their record is 1-5-5, giving them 7 points. They are just a few points behind the other teams in their division even though all of them have won at least 5 games. A loss is a loss, a team shouldn't get a point for it just because it happened in overtime or a shootout. It's just a way for teams not to look as bad as they are.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
The Blackhawks just won their 4th game tonight. They take so many penalties it's almost not worth watching. I might watch some other teams, and see if they call as many penalties. I love that the game is fast and all, but the penalties are astronomical. In the Chicago/St Louis game there was 24 total penalties.
smiley36.gif

Also, heard tonight that St Louis Blues are on the trading block.

Edited by: Bear-Arms