History of African American QB’s

REDNOSE

Guru
Did anyone catch this piece of crap on ESPN Classic last night? It was showing black qb's over the years and the racism they faced. The amount of media distortion in this country is out of control. Im starting to feel like Neo in the Matrix. After stumbling upon this site, I was aware of the injustice that white males face in this country, but I didn't pay as close attention as I do now. Now, everywhere I look, I can see what is really happening to the masses and I feel like highjacking a tv station and try to get the message out that everyone around you are walking in a dillusion. Sometimes, I just wish I would have taken the red pill and stayed somewhat ignorant. Like he said in the movie, ignorance is bliss. Nah. Just kidding...

jcolec02

Mentor
Man, that comparison to the matrix is pretty good...I have felt the same way, this site will open alot of peoples eyes, before I found this site I thought me and some of my family were the only ones who thought this way...

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I missed the program, Red. I don't watch ESPN anymore. But as far as living in the Matrix goes, I agree. As a matter of fact a few friends and I have been discussing that very thing, only I refer to it as Wonderland or the Twilight Zone. Good is bad, right is wrong, up is down, everything is bass ackwards. Things are truly becoming more and more bizarre every day.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Robert said:
...and I thought ESPN Classic showed boxing matches all-day and all-night.

Yeah, and with Cassius Clay in almost all of them. Makes me sick.

It doesn't surprise me that things are as backwards as they are, but that doesn't mean I like it. I still want to fight it with everything in me.

history of black QBs. Must have been a short show.

I didn't see the show.

However, in the early 90s I did research the history of black quarterbacks.
There are obvious parallels between how they were treated in teh 70s and
80s, and how white skill position players are treated now.

REDNOSE

Guru
I agree there are SOME similarities to how whites are being treated now to past black qbs. However, blacks were put on the field if they were good enough in some shape or form. Whites now have to be head over heals better than their black competitors to even sniff playing time. The problem I have is the total and utter one sided-ness that our media plays in covering such topics. Racism against whites must not exist because no one is willing to open their mouths and say anything.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
REDNOSE said:
The problem I have is the total and utter one sided-ness that our media plays in covering such topics. Racism against whites must not exist because no one is willing to open their mouths and say anything.

The concept of racism against whites is impossible according to the media. The media cannot, will not, even recognize whites as a race unless it's to slam us for our"racism" or "intolerance" against a non-white group (or feministsor homos) or otherwise to criticize or demonize us. Under the current system every last one of us posting here will grow old and die before the media will ever show any empathy in any way toward whites.

Edited by: Don Wassall