High Schoolers

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
You guys should keep a close eye on Peyton Sommers he has already ran a 10.62 when he was a sophomore. This year is his junior year.
He also has a best of 21.10 in the 200m and 46.77 in the 400m. A very good all around sprinter.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Someone else to keep an eye on this year, is Maira Scott from Ohio.
She ran 11.41 (0.5w) last year in the 100m, and 23.20 (0.7w) in the 200m.

Like Abby Steiner she is from Ohio - about 120 miles away from where Abby went to high school - and she is approaching Abby's Ohio high school records! Her 100m time is just .03 of Abby's record, and her 200m is .47 from Abby.

"A big part of why I fell in love with track and field was because of her (Abby Steiner)," Scott said. "I started looking into her career and I would watch her videos. Being a girl from Ohio and a sprinter, there's that narrative that I want to be just like her. I see it as, 'I want to do Abby Steiner things.' It's not being just like her, but doing amazing things like her."

And like Mia Brahe-Pedersen, she has already committed to USC. So the Trojans will get two of the country's best female sprinters next year, both of whom happen to be white.
There really has been a renaissance of white American female sprinters over the past 10 years or so, which we've discussed in another thread. Maira Scott will be another name to add to that list.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Those are amazing times for Maira Scott. Have to admit I had never heard of her till now but I don't follow high school track as closely
as some of you guys here. It's exciting. 2 White Female Sprinters at USC. Never would have guessed it in my lifetime. Oregon yes but
USC. This is amazing news! Hope she has a great senior year.

sprintstar

Mentor
nice find! Her sprinting form is not the greatest but has long powerful strides, with good coaching her form will get alot better and she will get quite abit faster.. Nice to see in the 200m finale whites went 1-2.

sprintstar

Mentor
He looks white except his hair but I know alot of whites that have similar complexion and curly hair and they are white. If anything he may have a bit of Indian in him....

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He looks white to me. If he has anything mixed I would say maybe a little hispanic mixed with white.

He looks white if you check his instagram. his sister is also a young sprinter who is definitely white. he just has that brocolli hair cut you see with that generation

I am surprised nobody found this guy his name is Joshua Mooney. A hurdler. Best time on 39" 110h is 13.48. Best 60h 39" time is 7.80.

Last edited:
Vance Nilsson is another Hurdler from Arizona with the best 110h time of 14.03. 300h time of 37.42 and 400h time of 52.18. A senior this year.

Thousand Okie

I am surprised nobody found this guy his name is Joshua Mooney. A hurdler. Best time on 39" 110h is 13.48. Best 60h 39" time is 7.80.
Tall, well built, blue-eyed, blond-haired Josh Mooney ran that 13.48 high hurdle time into a 0.9 headwind in a winning effort at the New Balance outdoor championships. The race is on Youtube. His alabaster skin is in sharp contrast to the skin-tone of his competitors. At the Connecticut state HS championships in 2023 he won the highs, the intermediates,--and the javelin! He was undefeated in his events and was named the Gatorade T & F athlete of year in Connecticut. He's now at the University of Connecticut and recently won the New England championship in the indoor version of the decathlon. It looks like he's destined to become a decathlete, although if he specialized in the high hurdles he certainly has the ability to become one of the best in the nation.

Last edited:
Tall, well built, blue-eyed, blond-haired Josh Mooney ran that 13.48 high hurdle time into a 0.9 headwind in a winning effort at the New Balance outdoor championships. The race is on Youtube. His alabaster skin is in sharp contrast to the skin-tone of his competitors. At the Connecticut state HS championships in 2023 he won the highs, the intermediates,--and the javelin! He was undefeated in his events and was named the Gatorade T & F athlete of year in Connecticut. He's now at the University of Connecticut and recently won the New England championship in the indoor version of the decathlon. It looks like he's destined to become a decathlete, although if he specialized in the high hurdles he certainly has the ability to become one of the best in the nation.
He seems to do the decathlon but focuses on hurdling. He seems to do throws a lot too. I expect he will focus a lot more on hurdles in general in college as well.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
There have been lots of great white decathletes wouldn’t be such a bad thing if he were one.

So long as he doesn’t go all Bruce Jenner after his track career ends…

Kevin Nealons line when interviewing Bruce Jenner:
“So if there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be?”

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Delbarton is an 45k / yr Catholic boys prep school in the Morristown area.

Impressive but not a public school kid.

Just pointing out

white lightning

Hall of Famer
There have been lots of great white decathletes wouldn’t be such a bad thing if he were one.

So long as he doesn’t go all Bruce Jenner after his track career ends…

Kevin Nealons line when interviewing Bruce Jenner:
“So if there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be?”
100% agree. Nothing wrong with more decathletes. He just seems to do it more as a side thing

Bryce Melton from New Mexico I might have posted him before. He has a 10.49 100m and 21.33 200m. A junior this year.

Ryan Johnson ran a 6.30 55-meter on March 3rd. He is from Delbarton New Jersey.

What would this translate into for a 100m? He also ran a 21.96 200m indoor and 6.82 60m. A whole second shaved off of his 200m outdoor pr of 22.96.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What would this translate into for a 100m? He also ran a 21.96 200m indoor and 6.82 60m. A whole second shaved off of his 200m outdoor pr of 22.96.

Just a guess but without looking at the tool to measure I would say in the 10.50's range probably.