High Schoolers

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Also he is from a low population state which has high percentage of whites. Undoubtedly that helps him in track and football as the culture of the sports is probably more white friendly. That same kid in New York or New Jersey would be a different story

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Also he is from a low population state which has high percentage of whites. Undoubtedly that helps him in track and football as the culture of the sports is probably more white friendly. That same kid in New York or New Jersey would be a different story

Yes and No at the same time. Yes as having the support of the white community can make anyone reach higher goals for success
as he is pushed to be the best more than he would in a big city. The kid is the fastest 100 meters guy in all of high school though
with his times of 10.18 and 10.25 so speed is speed. He would still be smoking the brothers in NY or other states. At the same time
though it is possible he may not have achieved the success without the support of the community. So it's a tough one but overall I
guess I slightly favor yes in this situation but we will never really know.

It's just so sad that a high school junior who has olympic potential will give up the sport after this season. That just sucks!

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Yeah I hear you. My thought was that he might not have bothered with the sport up to this point if he were living in a state like Mississippi which is 40 percent black or if he lived in Detroit. Clearly the young man is very talented.

I thought I remembered Jimmy chitwood explaining this phenomenon where Arkansas produced more fast white kids than Florida despite having far fewer white kids growing up there.

The culture of a sport matters a lot to white parents. If you think your kid is gonna get cheap shotted by some fat black kid he outran on the previous play or if the team is gonna get attacked if they win when playing a black school then odds are you aren’t going to have your kid be involved in that sport.

At least as a parent that is how I approached it. No one throws rocks at school buses after swim meets for instance. I think you can internet search that one all you like and you will find out it’s true!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Gatlin Bair does it again. Even in the rain on a very wet soaked track Gatlin still broke the All Time Oregon Relays Meet Record
in the Boys 200 meters. Yet the kid doesn't want to stay in track. So sad with such a phenomenal talent. He is only a high school
junior and won't run ever again after this year. Let's hope that somehow his parents help him to change his mind, :)

maxres.jpg

Gatlin Bear Smashes Oregon Relays 200m Meet Record In The Rain

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Mia Brahe-Pedersen won the Girls 200m in 23.01. That's the #2 high school time in the country.
Gaitlin Bair won the Boys 200m in 20.83. That's the #3 h.s. time in the country.
Both races run in poor, wet conditions.

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Mia Brahe-Pedersen also wins the 100m at the Oregon Relays in a time of 11.35 (-0.2w). A very good time given the wet weather and negative wind.
Gaitlin Baer also gets a double victory, winning the 100m in 10.43 (0.1).

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Here are Mia Brahe-Pedersen and Gaitlin Bair, who are already, two of the all-time high school sprinters.
Would be nice if they became a couple and had loads of fast little kids. :)

Attachments

• 749170_full.jpg
    749170_full.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 6

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here are Mia Brahe-Pedersen and Gaitlin Bair, who are already, two of the all-time high school sprinters.
Would be nice if they became a couple and had loads of fast little kids. :)

That would be amazing. It's so ttue as you see the majority of the most athletic men and women from athletic families whether
they are white or black. Like when Cmac used to date the sprinter Mary Beth Sant back in high school in Colorado. Too bad they
didn't stay together. She is married now and he will be marrying some model in the near future.

Last edited:

sprintstar

Mentor
MBS Price is married to a US decathlete so they should produce some very fast athletic white kids.....

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the second race of the video below has Mia Brahe-Pedersen’s meet record from the Arcadia Invitational a couple weeks ago. as of no, if i’m not mistaken, her wind-legal time of 11.17 is still the fastest 100m in the country this year, and she’s just a junior.

race 3 has a name i was unfamiliar with run a 10.38 to narrowly get edged out. Augustus Remlinger is a very well put together athlete, who apparently also plays football. one would think he’d have to catch a coach’s eye with his combination of size and speed.

sprintstar

Mentor
love the Arcadia meet. Remlinger could go much faster with a longer stride pattern as he comes out of his drive phase. Pederson looked un freaking real with her top end finish.....some one please put a cork in the Black lady who is screaming's mouth...OMG!!!! lol

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Some notable performances this weekend:

Will Shore wins the 400m in Washington with a great time of 46.30 (#6 in the country)
Gaitlin Bair ran 10.36 and 20.61 (#5 in the country)
Brody Buffington with a 10.31 and 20.80 (#10 in the country)

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Mia Brahe-Pedersen runs 11.08 (0.1w) in the 100m today. That's the fastest in the country, and faster than Abby Steiner ran in Doha on Friday.
She also ran 22.61 in the 200m. A new PB and also the leading HS time in the country.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mia Brahe-Pedersen runs 11.08 (0.1w) in the 100m today. That's the fastest in the country, and faster than Abby Steiner ran in Doha on Friday.
She also ran 22.61 in the 200m. A new PB and also the leading HS time in the country.
I can't wait to see this video if anyone finds it. She is the best female high school sprinter in all of the high schools across America!
Just think about that? Yet we are told our whole lives that whites cannot run or jump. Even as a kid I knew we were being lied to about
this. Not sure how but I knew. Guess it's because I played sports with fast white and black kids. I didn't see a difference.

Mia Brahe Pedersen can help continue to change this false stereotypes and old wifes tails.

What an Epic Performance by probably the best American Female White Sprinter to ever step on a track! :campeon:

mastermulti

Master
Mia is now world number 3 all-time under 18. And wind taken into consideration she would challenge all-time leader Candace-Hill's 10.98 (+2.0)
Will it be allowed having been a mixed gender race?

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Brody Buffington ran a 10.15 (0.6w) in the heats at the East Coast International Showcase!!!
In the finals, he ran 10.29 (1.3w), finishing 2nd to 10.28.

I believe his 10.15 is 2nd all-time (white HSer) to Matthew Boling.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Brody Buffington has committed to Georgia.
If Boling stays on there another year, we will see the two of them together on the 4x100m relay.

Thousand Okie

Gatlin Bair had an impressive double yesterday at the BYU Invitational, running 10.25 and 20.47, both into a slight headwind.

Thousand Okie

The best example of white kids being allowed to develop into top sprinters right now comes from Legacy High School in Bismarck, North Dakota. Although the school has but 1200 students, there are four boys on the track team who run sub-11 flat in the 100. Dylan McGlothlin has run 10.59 (and 21.12 and 47.75), Talen Farland 10.66 (and 21.42 and 49.40), Reece Snow 10.78 (and 21.76 and 51.2) and Nathan Mathern 10.81.

To have four sprinters of that quality at one high school in California, Texas, or Florida would be unusual but to have them at a high school in North Dakota, where the temperatures in March and April are rarely conducive to sprinting is extraordinary. Here we are at the end of the first week of May and right now in the middle of the day in Bismarck it's 53 degrees. Try sprinting in that!

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
The best example of white kids being allowed to develop into top sprinters right now comes from Legacy High School in Bismarck, North Dakota. Although the school has but 1200 students, there are four boys on the track team who run sub-11 flat in the 100. Dylan McGlothlin has run 10.59 (and 21.12 and 47.75), Talen Farland 10.66 (and 21.42 and 49.40), Reece Snow 10.78 (and 21.76 and 51.2) and Nathan Mathern 10.81.

To have four sprinters of that quality at one high school in California, Texas, or Florida would be unusual but to have them at a high school in North Dakota, where the temperatures in March and April are rarely conducive to sprinting is extraordinary. Here we are at the end of the first week of May and right now in the middle of the day in Bismarck it's 53 degrees. Try sprinting in that!
Super impressive!
Thanks for sharing.