Henderson and Rice make the Hall!

foreverfree

Mentor
Gary, I never met Mickey Vernon, but I had a discussion with my father about him and his career and I remember my dad saying that the Mick of Marcus Hook was borderline Cooperstown material. BTW my dad was on the committee that erected a statue of Vernon in his hometown of Marcus Hook, PA, where Sunoco has a large oil refinery (and there's another one [ConocoPhillips, which bought it from Tosco, which bought it from BP, which bought it from Sinclair] next door in Trainer, PA).

Freedom, Clete Boyer joined his brother Ken in the great infield in the sky in 2007. See http://www.baseball-reference.com/b/boyercl02.shtml .

bigunreal, good idea to establish a "Super" wing at Cooperstown, but I imagine the standards will be watered down for that too eventually.
smiley2.gif
BTW bigunreal, who's that in your avatar? Looks like a rather animated speaker. Huey Long?

This was Tommy John's last year of eligibility by the writers. Baseball-reference.com doesn't seem to have a link to HOF election returns from past years. This John would like to know if that John ever had 60% of the vote in any one year (he had 31.7% this year and 29.1% last year)? Pulling 60% would make John eligible for the Hall via the VC.

John

Edited by: foreverfree