Heisman trophy hype begins

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the hype has already started for the next great black quarterback/Heisman hopeful...omar jacobs out of Bowling Green. the guy is good, but possibly the best player in the nation? come on!

still waiting on a mention of Mike Hass out of Oregon State or Eric Deslauriers from Eastern Michigan...for some reason these two wideouts aren't getting nearly as much pub as dante ridgeway from Ball State or greg lee from Pitt. funny, because they are the four returning national leaders in receiving yards, but only the two black boys are getting hyped while the two white boys are getting stiffed.

taking nothing from lee and ridgeway because they are both VERY talented, isn't there enough room in the media hype-machine to brag on FOUR very talented wideouts for the Heisman? i'm detecting a theme here...or do the crackers have to sit at the back of the bus, and i just missed the memo?

JoeV

Guru
They will never give the Heisman to a mid-major athlete such as Jacobs. The University of Akron had a similar campaign with Charlie Frye last year for the Heisman and I don't think he got a single vote. The Heisman is Matt Leinart's to lose. The top five should include: Leinart, Reggie Bush, Ted Ginn Jr, Adrian Peterson, and possibly a defensive player such as Greenway or AJ Hawk. I would put it at about 75% for Leinart to win the award.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I posted a lot about Eric Deslauriers from Eastern Michigan last season. He was unbelievably ignored. he racked up super numbers all the while playing for a crappy MAC school. At the end of the year he was a SECOND team All-MAC. Can you believe it? Second team! He leads the nation in receiving yardage before the bowl games and they still find two black guys from his lowly conference to put ahead of him. I don't think he will have good numbers this year. They probably won't start him because EMU has such a good stock of other darker receivers.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Why not hype Matt Haas for the Heisman.Oregon State is off to a 2-0 start thanks to Haas.He has had a 150+ yard
game and tonight a 177 yard game!Mike is the only player in Pac Ten History to have 3 career 200 yard receiving games and he is only a junior.This kid is as good or better than any wide receiver in the country.I would put money on that.Why no Heisman Talk?Oh,I know,I forgot.
smiley7.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Lightning we may be well educating at least a small portion of elite white athletes to the Caste System. Most players do web searches on themselves, which means how white athletes are talked about and respected and encouraged here at Caste Football can become easily known to them through a simple search. And how we support them here and our reasons for doing so may or may not strike a light of truth inside them. If not, we respect that because the reality we expose is so different than the way most white people are indoctrinated to think and believe that there will be no easily found common ground. Many who oppose us do so for what they believe to be honorable reasons and we have to respect that.

But what we are inextricably doing is starting a dialogue on a subject that was never previously talked about, the taboo of all the many taboos that rigidly prevent open discussion about certain issues here in the "land of the free.". If we maintain our basic position of truth and righteousness without resorting to name-calling and slurs, we will continue to reach more athletes and sports fans as well. It's a slow process; now we measure ourdaily audience wellinto the hundreds; when he have a dailyaudience that reachesfifty thousand plus then we'll have established an intelligent voice and an intelligentcounterforcethat will begin to alter the artificial, lie-filled Caste System paradigm that has lasted for far too long.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Very well put Don.I would love to see alot of these high school,college and even pro athletes that we root for find this site.They could tell us first hand experiences of what they went & still go through on a daily basis.This site is very important because it is the only one that I know of that shows the truth.We need to keep getting the word out and watch this site grow huge!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mike Haas is 4th in the nation in receiving right now but 2 of the guys in front of him have only played one game so far.I want him to lead the nation.He came so close last season.What a incredible wide receiver!
smiley32.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Haas has now move up to 3rd in the nation in receiving yards per game at whopping 165.3 yards.Remember,he didn't even play the 4th quarter yesterday or he would already be number one!Here is the thing though,he gets absolutely no Heisman talk.Last year the receivers that got alot of Heisman talk and votes all got outplayed by Haas week in and week out.What is the deal here?Let's talk this guy up for the Heisman.Oregon State would be no where with out Haas.He is a very special player!
smiley32.gif

okra63

Guru
Very well put Don. This site and the people on here seem respectful to other races and this is the only way the voice of quality athletes that tend to get looked over will be heard.

And let's not forget about the most talented uber-athlete ever to strap
on the pads -- Vince Young of Texas -- who, I've heard, looks just like
what God would look like if God played football. Just pencil him
in as your winner -- he's just that good!

It's simple Caste-System math: 80 yards on the ground beats 200 yards
through the air EVERY TIME! Who needs a strong-armed, accurate
thrower when you can have an "exceptional athlete" who can "create"?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, create adequacy, if you're lucky. So many of these guys are so poor at throwing. The best black QB's have always been the pocket style QB's who don't try to run all the time. I guess its old fashioned to be that way now, and too "white." I remember the buildup and hype surrounding Romaro Miller at Ole Miss, and now Micheal (correct spelling) Spurlock. Every year they are supposed to get better and better, they are gonna rock the world. Truth is, Romaro was adequate at best, and was never dependable more than 3 games at a time. Spurlock isn't even that good. He gets pulled out of every game or replaced as starter because he can't lead the team to victory. He can't throw at all. But still, this pre-season, it was, "he's back for his time in the sun", or "improved Spurlock ready to step out of Eli's shadow." You just can't depend on these guys. They never live up to the hype. It's the reaction to this underperformance that is so markedly different from that of white athletes, who usually have little or no hype on the front end.