Heavyweight Boxing Rankings

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The rankings from all four sanctioning organizations have come out withing the past few days:

IBF:

Champion: Wladimir Klitschko

Eddie Chambers
United States
Tony Thompson
United States
Robert Helenius
Germany
Chris Arreola
United States
David Haye
United Kingdom
Maurice Harris
United States
Denis Boytsov
Germany
Kali Meehan
Australia
Alexander Dimitrenko
Germany
Jonathon Banks
United States
Alexander Ustinov
Russian Federation
Jean Marc Mormeck
France
Cedric Boswell
United States
Manuel Charr
Germany
Kubrat Pulev
Bulgaria

WBO:
WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO (Super Champ)
UKR
Tomasz Adamek (NABO)
POL
Robert Helenius (Int-Cont)
FIN
David Tua (Asia-Pacific) (Oriental)
NZ/SAM
Alexander Dimitrenko
GER
Chris Arreola
USA
Alexander Povetkin
RUS
Denis Boytsov
RUS
Ruslan Chagaev
UZB
Carlos Takam (WBO Africa)
CAM
Ondrej Pala (WBO Europe)
CZE
Chauncy Welliver (Asia-Pacific Int.)
NZ
Kubrat Pulev
BUL
Jean Marc Mormeck
FRA
Rafael Zumbano (Latino)
BRA
Victor Bisbal
PR

Last edited:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
WBA:

Super Champion: WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO UKR
World Champion: VACANT

1. RUSLAN CHAGAEV (OC) UZB
2. ALEXANDER POVETKIN RUS
3. HASIM RAHMAN USA
4. DENIS BOYTSOV RUS
5. DAVID HAYE U.K.
6. ALEXANDER USTINOV (EBA) RUS
7. ALEXANDER DIMITRENKO UKR
8. JEAN MARC MORMECK (WBA INT) FRA
9. ROBERT HELENIUS (WBA I/C) FIN
10. CHRIS ARREOLA USA
11. LUIS ORTIZ (LAC) CUB
12. KALI MEEHAN AUS
13. MANUEL CHARR LEB
14. NICOLAY VALUEV RUS
15. CEDRIC BOSWELL (NABA) USA

WBC:

CHAMPION: VITALI KLITSCHKO (UKRAINE)
WON TITLE: October 11, 2008
LAST DEFENCE: March 19, 2011
LAST COMPULSORY: March 19, 2011
WBA CHAMPION: Wladimir Klitschko (Ukraine)
IBF CHAMPION: Wladimir Klitschko (Ukraine)
WBO CHAMPION: Wladimir Klitschko (Ukraine)
Contenders:
WBC SILVER CHAMPION: Bermane Stiverne (Canada)
WBC INT. CHAMPION: Mariusz Wach (Poland

1. Tomasz Adamek (Poland)
2. Chris Arreola (US)
3. Alexander Dimitrenko (Germany) EBU
4. Bermane Stiverne (Canada) SILVER/USNBC
5. Johnathon Banks (US) NABF
6. Denis Boytsov (Russia)
7. Juan Carlos Gomez (Cuba)
8. Chauncy Welliver (US) AMERICA/ABCO
9. Mariusz Wach (Poland) INTL
10. Ray Austin (US)
11. Eric Molina (US)
12. Luis Ortiz (Cuba) FECARBOX
13. Robert Helenius (Finland)
14. Kubrat Pulev (Bulgaria)
15. Tyson Fury (GB) BBB C / COMM

When we think back on the 70s, 80s, and 90s it sure is quite a change to have not only white heavyweight champions, but to also have whites as most of the best contenders like Helenius, Povetkin, Dimitrenko and Boytsov.

It's good to see new names like Tyson Fury and Kubrat Pulev entering the heavyweight rankings.

Last edited:
If you take out the EastEuros it would look like the top ten from the 70s, 80s and 90s.
White fighters from the East have made the difference and the only difference.

And if not for them we would still be hanging our hopes on guys like Tyson Fury.
Plus the media would be calling this a great heavyweight era......

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
If you take out the EastEuros it would look like the top ten from the 70s, 80s and 90s.
White fighters from the East have made the difference and the only difference.

And if not for them we would still be hanging our hopes on guys like Tyson Fury.
Plus the media would be calling this a great heavyweight era......

Correct you are sir!

I'm looking at the IBF list and it looks the most slanted towards the negroes. Maurice Harris(25-15) is on the list. Quite a few Eastern Euro's missing on these lists and they should be around 80 percent white.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Correct you are sir!

I'm looking at the IBF list and it looks the most slanted towards the negroes. Maurice Harris(25-15) is on the list. Quite a few Eastern Euro's missing on these lists and they should be around 80 percent white.

Yes. And that's because the president and top executives of the IBF are negroes.

Chambers should not have gone directly into another IBF eliminator after being KOed by Wlad.

And as you mentioned, Maurice Harris is just a journeyman and so it seems ridiculous to see him at #6 in those rankings.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
New WBA HW rankings came out today:

http://wbanews.com/

HEAVYWEIGHT (Over 200 Lbs / 90.71 Kgs)

SUPER CHAMPION:
WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO UKR

World Champion:
ALEXANDER POVETKIN RUS
Won Title: 08-27-11
Last Mandatory:
Last Defense:

WBC: VITALY KLITSCHKO
IBF: WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO
WBO: WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO

1. HASIM RAHMAN USA
2. DAVID HAYE U.K.
3. ROBERT HELENIUS (WBA I/C) FIN
4. ALEXANDER USTINOV (EBA) RUS
5. RUSLAN CHAGAEV UZB
6. DENIS BOYTSOV RUS
8. LUIS ORTIZ (LAC) CUB
9. JEAN MARC MORMECK (WBA INT) FRA
10. CHRIS ARREOLA USA
11. KALI MEEHAN AUS
12. MANUEL CHARR LEB
13. NICOLAY VALUEV RUS
14. CEDRIC BOSWELL (NABA) USA
15. TYSON FURY U.K.

It seems very strange to me that Hasim Rahman is ranked #1. Looks like an eliminator between Rahman and Haye is possible.

According to a Russian website allboxing.ru Wlad has to fight Povetkin by March 2013. As well, Povetkin will be required to fight an as yet undetermined mandatory a year or so before that, sometime in 2012.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Rahman coming within a sniffing distance of another title shot is laughable. It should be Haye versus Helenius. I guess if Haye wants to continue he will fight Rockhead in London and ko him or sweep nearly every round and then next year he fights Povetkin and the winner of that fight, fights Wlad.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
New WBA HW rankings came out today:

http://wbanews.com/

HEAVYWEIGHT (Over 200 Lbs / 90.71 Kgs)

SUPER CHAMPION:
WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO UKR

World Champion:
ALEXANDER POVETKIN RUS
Won Title: 08-27-11
Last Mandatory:
Last Defense:

WBC: VITALY KLITSCHKO
IBF: WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO
WBO: WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO

1. HASIM RAHMAN USA
2. DAVID HAYE U.K.
3. ROBERT HELENIUS (WBA I/C) FIN
4. ALEXANDER USTINOV (EBA) RUS
5. RUSLAN CHAGAEV UZB
6. DENIS BOYTSOV RUS
8. LUIS ORTIZ (LAC) CUB
9. JEAN MARC MORMECK (WBA INT) FRA
10. CHRIS ARREOLA USA
11. KALI MEEHAN AUS
12. MANUEL CHARR LEB
13. NICOLAY VALUEV RUS
14. CEDRIC BOSWELL (NABA) USA
15. TYSON FURY U.K.

It seems very strange to me that Hasim Rahman is ranked #1. Looks like an eliminator between Rahman and Haye is possible.

According to a Russian website allboxing.ru Wlad has to fight Povetkin by March 2013. As well, Povetkin will be required to fight an as yet undetermined mandatory a year or so before that, sometime in 2012.

Rahman is nothing more than target practice for these fighters. In regards to Haye, isn't he going to retire in October?

white is right

Hall of Famer
Haye begged for a rematch against Wlad at the post fight press conference. Then after the fight told the British press he would fight on if he could get a rematch or a meaningful fight. He did state that if he had to start out at the bottom to revive his career he would retire though. With a mismatch like this fight he would fight on.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
After his brutal loss to Wladimir Klitschko, these are the fighters Rockhead has beaten.

2011-06-11284Galen Brown25335-16-1
DeSoto Civic Center, Southaven, Mississippi, United StatesWTKO610
2010-10-02254Marcus McGee22822-17-0
Arena Roberto Duran, Panama City, PanamaWKO18
time: 3:00 | referee: Julio C. Alvarado | judge: Aida Tejada | judge: Oldemar Soto | judge: Orlando Sam
2010-08-14254Damon Reed22846-13-0
Norfolk Scope Arena, Norfolk, Virginia, United StatesWKO610
time: 2:20 | referee: Chris Wollesen
2010-06-19260Shannon Miller23416-4-0
Niagara Falls Conference Centre, Niagara Falls, New York, United StatesWTKO410
time: 1:37 | referee: Charlie Fitch | judge: Don Ackerman | judge: Wynn Kintz | judge: Eric Marlinski
Miller down once in each of the 4 rounds.
2010-03-26264Clinton Boldridge2469-15-1
Beaumont Club, Kansas City, Missouri, United StatesWTKO16

I've never heard of any of these clowns yet Rahman is ranked so high?

JReb1

Mentor
Vitali has stated that he wants to fight Haye after Adamek. Lets see if Haye has the balls to face Vitali who will not hesitate to go in for the kill!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I'll say it again, the Klitschko brothers better watch out. Kimbo Slice is undefeated and a supa afflete. I'm sure if he wins a few fights over some bums they'll put him right in these heavyweight rankings. :boxing::boxing:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
New WBC ratings:

Champion: Vitali Klitschko

2. Chris Arreola (US)
4. Bermane Stiverne (Canada) SILVER
10. Eric Molina (US) USNBC
11. Robert Helenius (Finland)
12. Luis Ortiz (Cuba) LATINO
13. Tyson Fury (GB) BBB C / COMM
14. Cedric Boswell (US)
15. Franklin Lawrence (US) CABOFE

I see they've finally removed Ray Austin from the top 15.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Vitali has stated that he wants to fight Haye after Adamek. Lets see if Haye has the balls to face Vitali who will not hesitate to go in for the kill!

Vitali would beat the black off Haye. He's totally outclassed & would be summarily ran through...no if's, and's or maybe's!

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Last edited:
New WBC ratings:

Champion: Vitali Klitschko

2. Chris Arreola (US)
4. Bermane Stiverne (Canada) SILVER
10. Eric Molina (US) USNBC
11. Robert Helenius (Finland)
12. Luis Ortiz (Cuba) LATINO
13. Tyson Fury (GB) BBB C / COMM
14. Cedric Boswell (US)
15. Franklin Lawrence (US) CABOFE

I see they've finally removed Ray Austin from the top 15.
Looking at this top 15, it's funny that theres no 90's fighters. I mean if you look at any top ten from other eras you'll see lots of older fighters. The 70's top ten had guys like Patterson, Cooper, Machen, who were really holdovers from the 50s. Same with the 80's and 90s.

If todays division is so weak, why are not the greats from the 90's coming back and cleaning house?
I seen on a few boxing sites that Holyfield and Bowe are now begging the Klitschkos for title shots.
Holmes, Foreman or Patterson never had to beg back in socalled "Greater eras", They fought their way up the rankings. Last I heard Holyfield backed out of His fight with Povetkin. Why? If the division is so weak He could of just knocked off the "weak" Povetkin and become Wladimir's mandatory. Patterson did it in the great 70's, why can't Holyfield?

Could it be that today's heavyweights are not poor at all? Could it be that's why fighters from the 90's
are reduced to begging and not getting in the ring and fighting their way up for a title shot?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Looking at this top 15, it's funny that theres no 90's fighters. I mean if you look at any top ten from other eras you'll see lots of older fighters. The 70's top ten had guys like Patterson, Cooper, Machen, who were really holdovers from the 50s. Same with the 80's and 90s.

If todays division is so weak, why are not the greats from the 90's coming back and cleaning house?
I seen on a few boxing sites that Holyfield and Bowe are now begging the Klitschkos for title shots.
Holmes, Foreman or Patterson never had to beg back in socalled "Greater eras", They fought their way up the rankings. Last I heard Holyfield backed out of His fight with Povetkin. Why? If the division is so weak He could of just knocked off the "weak" Povetkin and become Wladimir's mandatory. Patterson did it in the great 70's, why can't Holyfield?

Could it be that today's heavyweights are not poor at all? Could it be that's why fighters from the 90's
are reduced to begging and not getting in the ring and fighting their way up for a title shot?

The only white fighter that I will admit is really terrible and an embarrassment to the division is the disgusting looking giant Valuev. I thought old man Holyfield beat him and he's really a poor fighter. That being said guys like Adamek, the Klitschko's and Boystov would absolutely demolish fighters like Holyfield and Bowe.

I was disgusted with the Valuev-Holyfield fight because Valuev gives white fighters a bad name. If a 50 year old man can come in and beat one of our champions it makes us look bad. However, Valuev truly is the weakest link in a very, very talented white heavyweight division.

The only white fighter that I will admit is really terrible and an embarrassment to the division is the disgusting looking giant Valuev. I thought old man Holyfield beat him and he's really a poor fighter. That being said guys like Adamek, the Klitschko's and Boystov would absolutely demolish fighters like Holyfield and Bowe.

I was disgusted with the Valuev-Holyfield fight because Valuev gives white fighters a bad name. If a 50 year old man can come in and beat one of our champions it makes us look bad. However, Valuev truly is the weakest link in a very, very talented white heavyweight division.
Well Valuev was really just a sideshow anyway and I don't think He tried very hard to beat Holyfield. The best guy Holyfield fought in the last ten years was Ibragimov back in 2007 and Ibragimov won easy, out landed Holyfield 40% to only 14%. Ibragimov couldn't even win one round against Wladimir.

Again, if the division is so poor, then where's all the greats from the 90s? Wheres Michael Moorer, David Tua, Michael Grant, Rid**** Bowe? Their all down at the lower end of the top 100.
Doesn't sound like a weak division too Me!

Last edited:

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Well Valuev was really just a sideshow anyway and I don't think He tried very hard to beat Holyfield. The best guy Holyfield fought in the last ten years was Ibragimov back in 2007 and Ibragimov won easy, out landed Holyfield 40% to only 14%. Ibragimov couldn't even win one round against Wladimir.

Again, if the division is so poor, then where's all the greats from the 90s? Wheres Michael Moorer, David Tua, Michael Grant, Rid**** Bowe? Their all down at the lower end of the top 100.
Doesn't sound like a weak division too Me!

Grant is still fighting and lost a wide decision to Tomasz Adamek last year. Grant was considered a future champion around 10-12 years ago but somehow these so called boxing "experts" were terribly wrong about him. He's scheduled to fight Botha this month and I imagine if he wins he'll be calling out the Klitschko brothers. Moorer hasn't fought since 2008 and I imagine he's a full blown crackhead by now.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Current WBC ratings:

CHAMPION: VITALI KLITSCHKO
WON TITLE: October 11, 2008
LAST DEFENCE: September 10, 2011
LAST COMPULSORY: September 10, 2011
WBA CHAMPION: Alexander Povetkin (Rus)
IBF CHAMPION: Wladimir Klitschko
WBO CHAMPION: Wladimir Klitschko
WBC SILVER CHAMPION: Bermane Stiverne (Can)
WBC INT. CHAMPION: Mariusz Wach (Pol)

1.Chris Arreola (US)
2.Alexander Dimitrenko (Ger) EBU
3.Bermane Stiverne (Can) SILVER
4.Denis Boytsov (Rus)
5.Johnathon Banks (US) NABF
6.Tomasz Adamek (Pol)
7.Chauncy Welliver (US)
8.Robert Helenius (Fin)
9.Mariusz Wach (Pol) INTL
10.Eric Molina (US) USNBC
11.Tyson Fury (GB) BBB C / COMM