Happy Lee/Jackson Day!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
This is the day when I celebrate the birthdays of Generals Robert E. Lee and Thomas J. (Stonewall) Jackson. Too bad I'm not of of work because of them, but at least I can fly my flag in their honor today. These guys should, at the least, get equal billing with MLK on this day, if not a holiday of their own. Anyway, here's to two of the finest men the United States and the Confederate States ever had!
smiley32.gif

lee2.jpg

stonewall-jackson-sm.jpg

Nice thought, Reb!

Overall, I get the feeling that the "MLK" holiday is losing traction. The bastard just has too much baggage and too many skeletons in his closet for anyone to believe the "MLK as god" propaganda.

The Atlanta newpaper today featured a fluff-piece (by a black woman, of course) that basically took the position that the "good" he did outweighed any of the "bad." So even his own people recognize that Michael King was a bum in many respects. And when I say "bum," I mean a philandering, whoremongering, woman-beating, plaigiarizing, communist bastard. And those were his better traits.

I think the Marxists understand that they can't use facts to support their beloved boy, and they also know that King is a fraud that is easily exposed.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yep SK, his actions, along with many scalawags, did more to hurt race relations than they ever did to help. Everyone who is old enough to remember it says race relations were better before the riots and forced integration. The fact that it was forced ticked off many a white and black Southerner.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
On the Dan Patrick show this afternoon (can you tell I'm in the car a lot?) he had Reggie Miller on the program. At the end of the show, Miller asked Dan what he had done today in commemoration of MLK Day. Dan said, "I had you and Michael Irvin on the program." I laughed out loud, and Miller continued by saying that having a couple of brothers on the show didn't constitute celebrating MLK day. Miller then went on to add that he and his wife had visited the National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis in honor of MLK.

Well, I'd like to ask Reggie Miller what he does to commemorate President's Day. Or Veteran's Day. Or Labor Day. Or Columbus Day. Most people don't do diddly squat on any holiday except take it off from work, why should we suddenly be giddy to celebrate MLK's birthday? Because he's black and a liberal icon, and thats about it?

Thanks but no thanks.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good post, WS!

I always celebrated in college by going skiing for the wknd.

Since college, I've always had a real job that doesn't sleep for b.s. federal
holidays.

I always celebrated in college by going skiing for the wknd.

Since college, I've always had a real job that doesn't sleep for b.s. federal
holidays.

Yeah, depending on where you live.. falling in mid-January, the Lee-Jackson, and/or MLK holiday has probably helped a lot of 3 & 4-day ski weekends.
Lexington VA is a great spot for the Lee-Jackson holiday (which is still honored as a state holiday in the Commonwealth of V-A). Both Lee and Jackson are buried in Lexington, so there is a wreath laying & military honor held at Jackson's tomb this Saturday 1/18.
The details of events & the local parade are listed online.. and Lexington is a cool tourist spot anytime of year for ppl into American history. VMI, where Jackson taught is also located in town, along with the college of Washington & Lee . I went there a couple times back in the 90s, it's a beautiful college & historical town..

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
[video=youtube;aeGBpTFZhh4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aeGBpTFZhh4[/video]

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
[video=youtube;29HFaG9aOqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=29HFaG9aOqo[/video]

[video=youtube;aeGBpTFZhh4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aeGBpTFZhh4[/video]

Carch., good clips. I think something lost in the modern, ignorant fog & obfuscation of American history: Lee was a well respected American. (as an Army officer & engineer). Now Lee is often depicted a douchey villain. But the Union army wanted him, and throughout the subsequent war- they respected him. My take is that Lee loved his country, faithfully served his country.. but eventually couldn't support a Federal government that was willing to wage war against it's own dis-satisfied member states. To me, that's American Citizenship 101, standing up to what u perceive as Federal tyranny. But carpet-bagging cultural Marxists are reducing Lee to a hated, traitorous villain.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Now Lee is often depicted a douchey villain. But the Union army wanted him, and throughout the subsequent war- they respected him. My take is that Lee loved his country, faithfully served his country.. but eventually couldn't support a Federal government that was willing to wage war against it's own dis-satisfied member states. To me, that's American Citizenship 101, standing up to what u perceive as Federal tyranny. But carpet-bagging cultural Marxists are reducing Lee to a hated, traitorous villain.
Right on, AA.

Unfortunately, those who win the wars write the history books and the truth is thrown out along the way.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
A happy Lee-Jackson Day to all my CF brethren, whether ye be an Unrecontructed Rebel or not! :)

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
A belated Happy Lee/Jackson day! Hats off to these military geniuses & heroic legends of Dixieland!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nation of Islam or Black Panthers (maybe a bit of both) receive a less than kindly welcome from the DWFs of Pasadena, Texas.

[video=youtube;GCd2mAZCjpg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCd2mAZCjpg&feature=youtu.be[/video]​

werewolf

Hall of Famer
My friend has declared it Poets And Patriots Day in honor of the great Edgar Allen Poe and General Robert E. Lee.

Last edited: