Hansbrough is a monster!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
what a game! he single-handedly kept UNC in the game tonight against Georgia Tech until his teammates stepped up for the win. this freshman is unbelievable. UNC was down by 20 at one time in the first half and the big, young white man put the Heels on his back and carried 'em. amazing!

look at tonight's numbers: 40 points (13-17 from the floor, 14-19 from the FT line) and 10 rebounds. wow!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

his point total was a UNC freshman record.

And that's not a freshman record at Podunk U.!

white tornado

Mentor
BEAST

guest301

Hall of Famer
It's nice to have a great white player who gets most of his points from the post. So no black complaints about how "soft" this guy is.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
He played amazing.. He's so efficient around the basket it seems like he hits every shot, even when he is fouled pretty hard. I hope he doesn't get screwed in the All-ACC voting because he is a freshmen... him being first team is a no brainer to me (especially since the ACC isn't that loaded with talent) and I'd be pretty annoyed if he gets the shaft.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a monster game.He is already a man among boys!It is really nice to see him doing so well.He will probably end up being way better than Eric Montross who had a nice college career.

whiteCB

Master
wow sportscenter was given this kid mad props this morning. They even brought up the fact that Tyler did soemthing the media's dream child(Michael Jordan) never did. SCORE 40 as a freshman. This kid is sicker than McRoberts and the best freshman in the country. PERIOD!

white tornado

Mentor
Tyler is breaking the mold that white player are just outside shooters. He dominates with pure athletisism and agresion.

The most remarkable thing about it is that he only took 17 shots from the floor. Normally, a 40-point performance is the result of 25 or more shots.

This kid looks nothing like a freshman, either physically or mentally. He looks comfortable being the "man" at UNC, and Roy Williams has to be thrilled to have Tyler for the next few years. That's the thing about White superstars -- they stick around in college because the NBA doesn't really want them.

If Hansbrough were black, you would hear constant chatter about which NBA team he will be playing for next season.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
For my draft info I usually go to nbadraft.net because the past few years their mocks have been pretty close and they update their mocks weekly throughout the year.. and they also have a 2007 mock up, which does not include Tyler.. and I can't understand this at all.. He is a great player and while I hope he doesn't leave the NBA early, if he did leave and wasn't a first round pick I'd be stunned.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I can't wait to watch this game.Duke & N.Carolina is about to start.Tyler will be playing in one of the hardest places in the country to get a win.The Dukies will be going wild.I want Duke to win with Reddick having a huge game.I would like to see Tyler Hansborough keep it close though!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Ditto to white lighning's sentiments.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hansbrough was the star tonight, leading UNC to the upset win on the road against Duke. He's an awesome talent.

Reddick's shooting was cold as ice. Every time I've turned on a Duke game he's been that way. Guess I better not watch Duke in the tournament.
smiley36.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
Stop watching Duke, Don! What a sensational game although I am disappointed with the outcome. Sensational diving plays and passes by Melchioni, Hansborough was awesome especially with that unexpected 3-pointer..Frasor may end up being a first round nba pick at point guard with his obvious talent and that dunk by McRoberts brought the house down. I hope these guys run into each other again in the acc tournament. I am worried about the wear and tear on Redick right now.

"If Hansbrough were black, you would hear constant chatter about which
NBA team he will be playing for next season."

Well, actually you do. Visit most any basketball message board, and the
theme is UNC will win the tournament next year ... if Hansbrough is back.

In Sports Illustrated, a poll of ACC players overwhelmingly voted
Hansbrough the best NBA prospect in the league.

P.S. draftexpress.net is the best draft site.

guest301

Hall of Famer
That poll is saying something since you still have certain first rounders like Williams, Redick and very likely McRoberts still in the league. I think Nick Caner-Medley and Andrew Brackman have a good chance as well.

Is Brackman the kid who also pitches for NC State? He could have some
nice options.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Does anyone think Hansbrough has any chance at All American? While I think he's a lock for Freshmen of the year, the fact that he is a freshmen will probly keep him from first team... does anyone think he has a chance, though?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
ocaamikedm11 said:
Does anyone think Hansbrough has any chance at All American? While I think he's a lock for Freshmen of the year, the fact that he is a freshmen will probly keep him from first team... does anyone think he has a chance, though?

He made The Sporting News' first team All-Americans, along with Morrison and Redick.
smiley32.gif
Redick was named Player of the Year.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Hansbrough has a very legit shot to make it 2 in a row for White player of the years... had 29 pts and 9 boards tonight against Sacred Heart.. He's dominant. In bad news from UNC, both Wes Miller and Bobby Frasor started the game on the bench.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hansbrough is on the cover of The Sporting News' college basketball preview issue this week.
smiley32.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Tyler will face off against Gonzaga's Josh Heytvelt on Tuesday in Madison Square Garden on ESPN2... stay tuned for amazing hoops by big white dudes!
smiley32.gif