Hall of Fame game Bills vs Titans

dwid

Hall of Famer
Titans in Oilers uniform. So far looking good, Kyle Vanden Bosch made a nice tackle for loss. Paul Posluszny almost had a pick but still broke up the pass.

Either the Titan's kicker or punter showed some athleticism on a fake running for a touchdown, I missed the first part, only saw him running for a touchdown, so I am not sure if they were kicking a field goal or punting.

Edit: it was the punter

Vince Young's first pass was intercepted. Ran for pretty much no gain on another play. Pretty much picked up where he left off.

Lendale White isnt so fat anymore but Alge Crumpler looks really fat, looks like a smaller version of a sumo lineman.

How White is Rod Woodson? He looks pretty White, White facial features. It looks like he gets a tan and puts a bunch of grease in his hair. One of his kids looks fully White, the youngest one I believe I saw yesterday.Edited by: dwid

white is right

Hall of Famer
Woodson is at least half white as his mother is white. I think his wife is white too. His bust looked like a model from a Romance Novel cover....
smiley36.gif
Edited by: white is right

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Well I believe he is getting time with the second team. I don't think he will be the starter for the regular season.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I doubt it. Im pretty sure it is Kerry Collin's job to lose. Vince Young came in after Kerry Collins started a few drives. 1 interception, 1 td, nothing spectacular, shut down when he tried to run, completions were mostly dinks and dunks so far, not sure what his completion ratio is in the game.Edited by: dwid

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
No, Young won't start. Collinsworth said he'll be fighting for second string.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I thought Vince Young was a franchise quarterback. He was supposed to be the future of the organazation. He is just as bad as Vick at the quarterback position. I don' expect him to be a starter anytime soon. Kerry Collins is pretty solid.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I wonder how many more years Young will get to "get it"? When will the bust label apply to him? If Tim Tebow or Colt McCoy were in the exact situation, I'm sure they would be called busts already. But I doubt any of them would cry about being booed and not want to go back into a game, but hypothetically speaking.

IMO he is much worse than Vick, playing wise. At least Vick was throwing more tds than interceptions by his second year even though he never threw that many more tds than interceptions usually 1 or 2 more tds than int in a season. Young regressed in that department, going from 12 tds and 13 int then to 9 tds and 17 int and then last year with 1 td and 2 int. Its pretty sad when you can't even be as good as Vick who wasn't that good himself, just an overrated guy who somehow excited people. I remember people saying the reason why Vick struggled is that the game "advanced so far and the coaches just don't know how to adapt to use these new super affletic quarterbacks" haha. More like coaches couldn't figure out how to keep their one dimensional affletic quarterbacks being shut down by defensive coordinators.

the announcer made up some bs about the coaches sending him mixed signals, sometimes telling him to study film and learn to go through your reads and progressions, and then telling him if the first read isn't there then run. I doubt the Titans are telling him to run if his first read isn't there, they might have told him that at Texas. They might have told him if the pocket is breaking down then run, but you don't tell an NFL qb to only make one read. Looks like Young was making one read and then trying to throw to a safety valve after that interception. Even the announcer couldn't explain what Young was thinking on that interception.

Kerry Collins just wins games. Vince Young just cries and goes on suicide watch after being booed for throwing interceptions.Edited by: dwid

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I think he will start ranting and raving during the season that he should be the starter. He will most likely ask to be traded to a team that would allow him to be the starter. There are more than a few moron general manages and head coaches that would jump at the oppurtunity to pick up an "afflete" like Young. He will struggle wherever he ends up anyways. He is just not a good quarterback and never will be.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
dwid said:
I wonder how many more years Young will get to "get it"? When will the bust label apply to him?

at least one guy on fox sports is already calling him a bust, along with Reggie Bush and the required White player, Matt Leinart. you can read the full article here. it includes numerous of the required insults to White players, too, of course. some excerpts:

As a runner,(Reggie Bush)was almost no threat at all. On 155 carries as a rookie, his longest run was 18 yards and he averaged a measly 3.6 yards per carry.

That, it turns out, was no aberration.
In his three seasons with the Saints, Bush has carried 418 times for 1,550 yards, an anemic 3.7 yards per carry average ...

To make matters worse, in Bush's three seasons with the Saints he has fumbled 12 times, losing seven ...

whatever it was that made Young so hard to contain during that magical six-game stretch in 2006, the league seemed to have solved in '07. Starting 15 games, he threw only nine touchdown passes all season and was picked off 17 times. His yards per carry dropped from 6.7 as a rookie to 4.2 in year two.

Thanks to a stout defense, the Titans won five games in which the offense scored only one touchdown and made the playoffs at 10-6 in '07, leading to Young's disappointing playoff debut. In a 17-6 loss at San Diego, Young threw for only 138 yards on 29 attempts, a puny 4.76 yards-per-attempt average. He was also picked off once and failed to put the ball in the end zone.

That offseason brought the infamous photos of a shirtless, liquored up Young partying with a bunch of other shirtless dudes. It was weird and disconcerting and not the image an NFL coach would want of his team's leader.

In the '08 opener against the Jaguars, Young picked up where he'd left off in the '07 playoffs, dinking and dunking his way to a five-yards-per-attempt average on 22 passes and throwing two picks before leaving the game with a sprained knee.

The following day Young went missing for four hours and the team, alerted by Young's therapist that he had mentioned suicide several times, enlisted the Nashville police to track him down ...
not being able to beat out a 36-year-old, lead-footed statue (Chris Collins) hasn't lowered Young's expectations of himself.

"I don't know when I'll start again. But I will be the next black quarterback to win a Super Bowl. And I will be in the Hall of Fame," Young told Esquire in a piece published this month.

Future Hall of Famers usually know when they'll start again.
smiley36.gif

dwid

Hall of Famer
good to know the bust label has already been applied to him already. Hope they dont give him multiple chances to earn back his starting role in Tennessee, they should be searching for a future franchise quarterback next year.

next black superbowl winner haha. The only black qb that has somewhat of a shot any time soon is McNabb and he is getting old and even he is overrated, but he does have Curtis who can make acrobatic catches, has saved McNabb several times by jumping over dbs and catching should be interceptions, h even recovered a McNabb fumble for a td. After him the NFL doesn't have any good black quarterbacks. Tavaris Jackson is horrible, Garrard is someone who should be a backup, a guy that can come in and not lose the game for you, but won't win the game for you. He dinks and dunks it and doesn't take chances, so he'd be a good guy to have in case your starter was down for a few games.Edited by: dwid

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
good lord. could chris collinsworth suck more black pole?!? jeez!

on a more positive note, none of the White defensive backs were thrown at tonight. Tuff Harris and John Wendling showed well in run support, as did Donnie Nickey. although Nickey was called for a personal foul when he blew up a Bills tight end who was coming across the middle. it looked like a legal hit to me.

apparently, though,there are some new rules this year involvingany play whereWhite defensive back hits people ... it is always illegal.

Dustin Fox was on the field a lot, but wasn't thrown at. that usually means a cornerback is doing his job.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
At one point tonight, Collinsworth said LenDale White looked like a scat back.
smiley36.gif
Collinsworth also had a go at Andy Levitre for getting driven back on ONE play. Collinsworth instantly jumped on Levitre, saying the Bills were in trouble because of this one play. To top it off, he said no one on Tennessee's D-Line commanded a double team, not even Vanden Bosch.

In 4-5 years, I want to see Chris Collinsworth's son, Austin playing in a game which he commentates. I want to see if he would call him unathletic, slow, and having tight hips like he does every other white skill player.

Al Michaels also called Nickey stupid for not learning the rules in his time in the league, which is why he committed the personal foul.
smiley5.gif
Paraphrasing, here is what he sadi. "Well, obviously he hasn't learned yet, you'd think a guy would've learned by now." If Nickey had been black Michaels would've have stumbled over himself trying to defend the personal foul.
smiley5.gif

He probably said some other things too, but I was mostly watching the Red Sox - Yankees game tonight.

Hopefully, Fox can make the final roster, and Harris can too. I believe Wendling should be there. It's been pointed out here, I've noticed this last year too, there seem to be a lot of white DBs on the fringes of the league.

dwid

Hall of Famer
man i forgot to look out for Mitch King. Sometimes it is hard to tell who is playing toward the end of the game when the starters are out unless you are really paying attention, they will rarely mention White backups and it is hard to see who is on the line sometimes. They are so concerned with whoever is talking in the booth it is like the game is a side show and the real event is the interviewing of people. I remember last years preseason games being like that too, it makes you less interested in the game. If it was just the game being shown, even if it was the backups I would watch it, but when they are constantly interviewing someone I tend to tune out.

foreverfree

Mentor
dwid said:
Titans in Oilers uniform.

I was never a fan of teams wearing throwback unis once or twice or more a season just for the heck of it. Makes me wonder what point the franchise is trying to prove. Although I watched a couple of Flyers games last season when they were wearing their 73-74/74-75 unies from the Stanley Cup years. Thought they looked really cool and those uniforms should have been stuck with rather than the unies the FlyGuys have as their "standard" uniform now.

John

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
I tuned in to watch some of the white players on each team and ended up watching Dungy vision. And talk about a double standard, when the black rookie tight end for Houston/Tennessee took his opponent to the ground and incurred a penalty,Drano voice Callingworthless said something like, "Well you got to do that when your playing the end in order to block." On the other hand,Michaels barbecued Nickey for his penalty for being white, I mean for unnecessary roughness.

Bear Backer

Mentor
I did not watch the game, but just out of curiosity what did the caste pricks Collinsworth and Michaels have to say about the fake punt play by Trapasso? I tuned in to Fox Sports radio today just in time to hear one of the talking heads ripping Buffalo's special teams for that play. It was not Myers or Hartman, but some other jock sniffing geek who was in love with the sound of his own voice. To paraphrase what he said, he said something like "if you are some special teams guy who has been in the league for five or six years and you can't stay back in your assignments, you have basically got to get a butt chewing for that play." He kept ranting and laughing on and eventually said. "What do you get fined for playing like that, should you? especially if it is some slow fat white guy like Traposso who is just a body in camp" to which they all had a big laugh.

On a side note, I believe I dislike Collinsworth more than just about any other announcer I have ever listened to with the exceptions of maybe the morbidly obese disgrace Mike Golic and Tony Kornholer.Edited by: Bear Backer

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Bear Backer,

I only caught the last four minutes of the game, so I did not see the fake punt. Here it is. Collinsworth does not sink to the level of the fellow you mentioned. Maybe others can elaborate on whether he was up to his old tricks.

[tube]P7xksmk0ghc&eurl[/tube]

Edited by: Quiet Speed

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Yeah Quiet, he did with a lot of other plays. I mentioned a few of them above. He also said LenDale White looks like a scatback, mentioned above. Collinsworth barbequed Andy Levitre for getting blown back on ONE play, it did result in a pick, but if Levitre was black it would've been Edward's throw.

Yeah White Noise, Nickey was put into the fire by Michaels for that penalty that if a black player does that it is no problem, no need to discuss it further.

Out of my least favorite announcers it would be a competition between Collinsworth, Dumbo the Elephant(aka Mike Golic), Kornholer, Deon Sanders and Marshall Faulk.

DWFan

Mentor
That is one thing I like about Fisher. Since I've been watching the game, I think I've seen more trick plays out of him than every other coach combined. He's my role model when I play Madden.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
Yeah Quiet, he did with a lot of other plays. I mentioned a few of them above. He also said LenDale White looks like a scatback, mentioned above. Collinsworth barbequed Andy Levitre for getting blown back on ONE play, it did result in a pick, but if Levitre was black it would've been Edward's throw.

Yeah White Noise, Nickey was put into the fire by Michaels for that penalty that if a black player does that it is no problem, no need to discuss it further.

Out of my least favorite announcers it would be a competition between Collinsworth, Dumbo the Elephant(aka Mike Golic), Kornholer, Deon Sanders and Marshall Faulk.

Kornholer is not only a terrible announcer he is horrible to look at. Sanders is as dumb as a mule.