Government to the rescue!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
My local congresscritter was good enough to send me an email announcing that there is FREE government money available because last month it rained. Rain is now a natural disaster that the taxpayer is expected to address. I think I'm going to apply for reimbursement of the fuel and time needed to cut my grass more then usual in September because all of the rain made it grow too fast.

Dear Friend,

Yesterday, the White House approved the State of Michigan's Emergency Disaster Declaration following last month's record rainfall and flooding. I have been working with our local municipalities and Wayne County officials to help compile the data needed to support this action, and was proud to lead a bipartisan coalition of Members of Congress in sending a letter to the President urging federal recovery efforts.I wanted to pass the info below along to you as soon as possible, as many of you continue to deal with the daunting task of still recovering from those unfortunate events.
By approving the request, individuals, families, and businesses in Wayne, Macomb, and Oakland counties may be eligible for grants to cover temporary housing or home repairs, as well as loans to cover uninsured losses. In addition, area businesses that were impacted may be eligible for Small Business Administration loans in these three counties and some surrounding communities.
Individuals in Wayne, Macomb, and Oakland Counties can register with FEMA the following ways:

• Apply online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov .
  • Apply via smartphone at m.fema.gov .
  • Call the tele-registration phone number at 1-800-621-3362. Those who have a speech disability or hearing loss and use TTY should call 1-800-462-7585 directly, and those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS) should call 1-800-621-3362.
In addition to registering through the FEMA site above, small businesses interested in applying for a loan through the Small Business Administration must also apply at disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/ .
If you need are in need of any assistance or have questions, my staff and I stand ready to help in any way we can. Please contact our district offices below and let us know how we can help.