Go Cards! Win one for Pat Tillman!

The Cardinals and Eagles game was a good one. great finish.

the other game... not so much.

I am pulling for the Cardinals in the Super Bowl. Kurt Warner is a great player, a pro's pro and a good Christian.

And win one for Pat Tillman!!!!

Yeah! Go Cards!

Kurt Warner is a great player, one of the best QB's in recent times.

Rest in Peace Pat Tillman, may his spirit live on, he was a true American Hero</span>.

May God bless both of them.

indianwhite said:
Yeah! Go Cards!Kurt Warner is a great player, one of the best QB's in recent times.Rest in Peace Pat Tillman, may his spirit live on, he was a true &lt;span style="font-weight: bold;"&gt;American Hero&lt;/span&gt;.May God bless both of them.

Yeah. Pat Tillman volunteered to serve his country. And he left a lot behind too -- money, professional fame, etc.
to become a patriot.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
I know what you are saying, LabMan, but I can't root against the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

Anyway, how many white starters do the Cardinals have on offense now with TE Benjamin Spach injured? I think it's only two-Warner and the center. This is disgusting.

I wanted Ken Whisenhunt as the head coach in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, the Rooneys decided otherwise.

However, when I look at the Arizona Cardinals I see the Caste Football system at its worst.

LabMan

Mentor
As Always V/S,i see your point also,but if you could know how the hero worship of the Pittsburgh non heros has escalated in this town,you would be made more aware of what I am saying,also Dan Rooney once said,"We want Heinz Field to be known as the house that Kordel Stewart built"

This mindset should let all know how Ken Whisenhunt,and Russ Grimm,were viewed by this ownership group,and that the head coach was selected based on the "Rooney Rule".I have no loyalty to any NFL team because 80% of my people have been "caste" out of the game that they love,and out of a way to provide for the financial well being of their loved ones.

As you know from our solid baseball debates,my opinions carry over to football also,and i look forward to sharing more opinions with you.

LabMan said:
As Always V/S,i see your point also,but if you could know how the hero worship of the Pittsburgh non heros has escalated in this town,you would be made more aware of what I am saying,also Dan Rooney once said,"We want Heinz Field to be known as the house that Kordel Stewart built"

This mindset should let all know how Ken Whisenhunt,and Russ Grimm,were viewed by this ownership group,and that the head coach was selected based on the "Rooney Rule".I have no loyalty to any NFL team because 80% of my people have been "caste" out of the game that they love,and out of a way to provide for the financial well being of their loved ones.

As you know from our solid baseball debates,my opinions carry over to football also,and i look forward to sharing more opinions with you.

If any of Dan Rooney's offspring were offed by savages, he would be plastered all over television and newspapers begging for the savages' forgiveness, claiming that they're "disadvantaged" and that "racism" was the reason they chose to do what they did. Unfortunately, I always liked the Steelers but Dan Rooney is a sick puppy.

OldSchoolBoy75 said:
pistol pete said:

Too bad Tillman took a gamble fighting an illegal war and lost.

Well, he didn't know it when he signed up, figured it out and then got killed.

American hero yes. Hero of the gummit? no. More like an Enemy of the State.

... so I take it you aren't gonna volunteer to serve in Obama Nation's Afghanistan Surge.
smiley36.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Tillman volunteered to fight in the war in Afghanistan, not Iraq, and he became a critic of the war before his death.

Regardless of whether a war is illegal or not, it took balls for him to do what he did - give up a lucrative career as a professional athlete to enlist in the military for what he thought was a just cause.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
While we are on the subject, let's not forget that Pat Tillman's brother, Kevin, gave up a potential MLB career for service in the Army next to his brother.

Also, Pat's former teammate in college, Jeremy Staat, who played a few years in the NFL as a defensive lineman for the Steelers and the Rams, joined the Marines a few years ago to do what he believed was the right thing for his country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Staat

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
LabMan said:

I know where you are coming from, LabMan. I don't disagree with you. It's just that I see a nearly coal-black team in the Arizona Cardinals with Whisenhunt and Grimm leading the way. It's only been two years, and they might draft and sign players in the coming ones that will restore a little more proper balance to the team's composition, but recent NFL history suggests otherwise.

To their credit-if credit is due-Whisenhunt and Grimm have brought in former Steelers Sean Morey, Brian St. Pierre, and Jerame Tuman.

When Mike Tomlin decides he doesn't want white O-linemen or a white FB anymore, it doesn't surprise me.

I just hope that Whisenhunt and Grimm won't buy into the same blatant discrimination. Let's see their next draft and FA signings, for example.

By my count, it appears both teams will field 13 white players for the Super Bowl.

This isn't the fairness CF is looking for. Edited by: Van_Slyke_CF

pistol pete said:
OldSchoolBoy75 said:
pistol pete said:

Too bad Tillman took a gamble fighting an illegal war and lost.

Well, he didn't know it when he signed up, figured it out and then got killed.

American hero yes. Hero of the gummit? no. More like an Enemy of the State.

... so I take it you aren't gonna volunteer to serve in Obama Nation's Afghanistan Surge.
smiley36.gif

Nah, I don't see myself doing my part to further (Z)OG's cause any time soon.Edited by: OldSchoolBoy75