Glen Beck

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I once replied to a relative's mass email about how wonderful MLK was with a reply that included information on the "real" MLK (as we know here). Remember to the sheeple MLK is an unflawed saint, any criticism AT ALL is considered sacrilege of the highest degree. I do not want to go over the grief that it caused for me, suffice to say it was not worth it. If someone is too far lost they are gone.

jaxvid said:
I once replied to a relative's mass email about how wonderful MLK was with a reply that included information on the "real" MLK (as we know here). Remember to the sheeple MLK is an unflawed saint, any criticism AT ALL is considered sacrilege of the highest degree. I do not want to go over the grief that it caused for me, suffice to say it was not worth it. If someone is too far lost they are gone.

Yes I have had the MLK argument with many people who do have respect for me. This included two christian missionaries who said that MLK should be considered a saint. I told them no way, that he engaged with hookers and was basically a PR rep who gave speeches that others wrote. It's only the history writers who truly put this guy up on a pedestal.

As far as "friends" who just don't understand, I recently unfriended a guy because he was espousing anti-white beliefs, harping on about "old-white men" and how us "right-wingers" hate blacks, gays, women and non-Christians. He even accused me of supporting Israel and loving Jews. I told him to shut the F up and that there was no hope for him because his views are so warped. I wasn't even friends with that guy for that long. He told me "we're still cool, right?" I said that I wasn't cool with him trying to convert me from being a racist. I have other friends that don't like me being so pro-white, but at least their reason is that my views can get me in trouble, not that I'm wrong. But this guy was just totally screwed up and I said I wouldn't stand him saying anything anti-white in my own freaking house. So I told this guy to get the F out.

As far as Beck goes, yes he has his flaws especially with the MLK thing but hey you can't win 'em all. At least he said Barrack Obama "has a deep seeded hate of white people." Anyone who says that in the MSM gets a lot of credit in my book!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Electric Slide said:
But this guy was just totally screwed up and I said I wouldn't stand him saying anything anti-white in my own freaking house. So I told this guy to get the F out.

Awesome! More people have to get used to being unpleasant to people like that.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
In public (out & about), I usually keep to myself & try to be a southern gentlemen most of the time. I don't go randomly shouting out my beliefs, etc. However, if a conversation arises I don't hesitate to share my paleo-conservative, Christian, WN views (tactfully). If someone wants to "heat up" the discussion...I'll go 'em one for one. If they want to take the gloves off...I'll do that as well. I don't apologize or water down my views. I have a few old pals that have some quasi-DWF sentiments (at times), but they don't give me grief on my WN viewpoints.

However, as JaxVid alluded to (above), some sheeplized zombies can't comprehend the truth or won't accept it. These type of drones can usually be quickly identified, and aren't worth wasting our breath/time on.

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
An old college buddy I mostly keep up with by phone recently jumped my case for exposing "The Blind Side" which he happens to like. He then jumped on the DWF SEC fan diatribe against Toby Gerhart and proceeded to call me a racist. I told him I'd never stop exposing lies and misinformation if given a chance. I didn't apologize for a thing I said. Well, he ended up apologizing for being so closed minded to what I have to say. We'll see what happens, but I agree that there are a lot of people out there who don't care enough about the truth to admit we're right, or who are too scared to dare espouse such views publicly. I've also told off two other acquaintances who buy into the media driven pro-SEC spin. I just don't care anymore. I don't set out to offend people, but if they are offended by the truth and the facts I provide to back them up, so be it. I don't think I can really trust people who don't share a lot of my views because I don't know whose side they would come down on if things got really tight. Sometimes I tell these guys that if you keep straddling the fence too long, you're going to lose your manhood. Of course, it takes some people a long time to wake up. It took me a while, but thank God I saw the light!
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

DixieDestroyer said:
In public (out & about), I usually keep to myself & try to be a southern gentlemen most of the time. I don't go randomly shouting out my beliefs, etc. However, if a conversation arises I don't hesitate to share my paleo-conservative, Christian, WN views (tactfully). If someone wants to "heat up" the discussion...I'll go 'em one for one. If they want to take the gloves off...I'll do that as well. I don't apologize or water down my views. I have a few old pals that have some quasi-DWF sentiments (at times), but they don't give me grief on my WN viewpoints.

Dixie, very good approach. We can't just go out in the middle of a crowded restaurant and start shouting our beliefs. Also, I'm careful about what I say in certain places, especially restaurants or getting coffee or something. I don't want any loogies or worse landing in anything I'm going to consume, so I make sure to be extra pleasant to minorities in those situations. I'm sure the NAACP types would call me a "hypocrite" for doing such things. But hey, I'm just a white man trying to navigate the waters of our modern day world.

I take a similar approach, in that if anyone brings up the subject I will certainly respond honestly unless the situation could deteriorate regarding the other people I'm with. At that point I'll agree to shut up if the others do too. If that's not possible I'll just tell them to screw off and go my own way.

I was at work and saw a contractor there wearing an NAACP shirt. I told him it would be like me wearing an "Aryan Nation" shirt. He got all mad but I kept my cool, saying that he was the hypocrite. He kept saying stuff like "you are saying some real racist sentiments right now..." I simply said I'm not the one wearing a shirt now that's "advancing" the cause of one race. He was stunned at that.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Just an FYI, I didn't mean that Guest301 shouldn't be friendly; I meant why would he want to bother telling them anything about their hero? It would fall on deaf ears and cause him problems. That's what I was trying to express with the rest of my post and the examples I gave.

Unless and until the USA disintegrates into tiny nation states, we have to accept the fact we live in a multi-cultural, diverse society. To me, that means trying to get along with my neighbors, whether they're my figurative neighbors at work, or my real neighbors next door.

It certainly beats being bitter and depressed all the time.

jcolec02

Mentor
White Shogun said:
Just an FYI, I didn't mean that Guest301 shouldn't be friendly; I meant why would he want to bother telling them anything about their hero? It would fall on deaf ears and cause him problems. That's what I was trying to express with the rest of my post and the examples I gave.

Unless and until the USA disintegrates into tiny nation states, we have to accept the fact we live in a multi-cultural, diverse society. To me, that means trying to get along with my neighbors, whether they're my figurative neighbors at work, or my real neighbors next door.

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:

White Shogun, Thanks for the heads up on your pm and this post. I was confused about you meant.

Jimmy C, no problem. My definition of friendship is a little broader than yours, but our definition of close friendships and who you can count on in life is probably the same.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:

I'd rather be bitter and depressed then surrender my pride to the all of those rat bastard scum sucking sons of bitches.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
jcolec02 said:
You dont have to hate others to be proud of who you are.

No but you can hate others just because you hate who they are and because they are the type of people that should be hated.

StarWars

Mentor
jaxvid said:
jcolec02 said:

No but you can hate others just because you hate who they are and because they are the type of people that should be hated.

Diddn't you listen to MLK man? No hate, man. All love.

Bart

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
jcolec02 said:

smiley20.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
StarWars said:
jaxvid said:
jcolec02 said:

Embrace your inner hate bro.....
smiley2.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Logical fallacy I think. It's not an either / or situation, at least not in my life. I can have pride and avoid bitterness and depression at the same time.
smiley2.gif

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
StarWars said:
jaxvid said:
jcolec02 said:

Embrace your inner hate bro.....
smiley2.gif

Sounds like an evil Sith Lord from "Star Wars"...."Darth JaxVid".
smiley36.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Logical fallacy I think. It's not an either / or situation, at least not in my life. I can have pride and avoid bitterness and depression at the same time.
smiley2.gif

100% spot on Shogun. Hatred and bitterness will just eat you away and shorten your life.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
White Shogun said:
smiley2.gif

100% spot on Shogun. Hatred and bitterness will just eat you away and shorten your life.

You hear that but every old person I know is bitter as hell. In fact I would say that being mean, onery and bitter helps you live longer. The go with the flow guys get sick and die. You should get angry before it's too late.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Who says we are not angry. Guys like me, Shogun and probably everybody else here shares some degree of anger over the plight of white athletes and whites in general. Just trying to not let a root of bitterness completely take over my life, that's all. We are certainly not "going with the flow" as you put it. Heck I have been to three angry tea party protests this year and plan on going to more. To the extent that anger and bitterness drives us all to take action and make a difference, it's a good thing but if it stops you from enjoying your life, family and faith, it's a bad thing. Not preaching to anybody, just how I see it.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Don, I saw that link/video (in the InfoWars link you posted) about Beck being a Neocon (not a libertarian) & thought about posting it. However, you beat me to the punch!
smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for those links, Don. I'm going to pass those on. I know too many people who mistakenly believe Beck is the real deal. Time for them to wake up.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Before he hit it big, I listened to Beck a couple of times on the radio four or five years ago. He struck me as no different than any of the others from the army of neo-cons that took over talk radio as most radio stations were gobbled up by a few giant corporations like Clear Channel. I was quite surprised to find out a few years later that Beck had become the newest Great White Hope among the large group of die-hard conservatives in this country who insist on believing that the Republican Party along withsome man on a white horse (or broad in the case of their new darling Sarah Palin) is going to save us. After 40+ years of nothing but disappointment from the GOP and the Great White Hopes, you'd think they'd have caught on by now, and I think finally more are.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Glenn Beck is not a Republican and in fact routinely trashes the Republican party over issues such as taxes, federal deficits, trade policies, amnesty for illegals etc... He is certainly more neo-con than most posters here are although he fits more into my way of thinking about my support for the wars in the Middle East and our relationship with Israel. Beck is the biggest reason for the growth of the tea parties, 9-12 project and the anti-incumbant mood that is sweeping the country and the #1 thorn in Obama's side. I appreciate what he is doing and admire the guy notwithstanding anything that is posted here. If we don't get a goverment takeover of healthcare, if there is no cap and trade bill and if there is no amnesty for illegals later this year, Beck will be the biggest reason why and deserves respect for at least that much.Edited by: guest301