Ginobli on cover.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Manu Ginobli is on the cover of a new magazine called
ESPN De Portes.It is for the Hispanics and says he is the
most famous hispanic athlete right now.I don't consider
Manu to be hispanic.He is from Argentina and I consider
him to be white even though he speaks spanish fluently.
What do you guys think?They just can't let a white guy
be looked up to.

White_Savage

Mentor
I think some people will wheedle and obfuscate anyway they can, trying to deny the athletcism of whites. If they can deny that a white athlete actually is white, that's what they'll do.

The whole Mestizos are better athletes than whites thing is an absurd social construct anyway, since Mestizo is by definition a white-indian, and many of them are pretty much white. And it's not like Indians have such a great reputation as athletes either.

Kaptain

Master
I believe Don answered the question of Manu's ethnicity in a previous thread. He is of decidedly European heritage as is about 97% of Argentina. He even looks white with very light skin. I find it humorous that Hispanics are claiming him as their own.
smiley36.gif
Maybe he should just claim Hispanic heritage and instantly raise his popularity to the Superstar Hispanic level (i.e. hispanic boxers, soccer). The media would love him, Nike would endorse him, and he would be idolized by all american youths -until the truth came out.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Ginobili is as "hispanic" as Columbus, come to think of it there are similarities: Columbus was an Italian that came to South America and helped conquer the savages, Ginobili is an Italian from South America that helped conquer the NBA savages!
smiley36.gif