Gil Brandt=Toby Gerhart's best friend :)

sehornlives

I called Sirius NFL radio tonight expecting to get into my usual arguments with the "Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" hosts, which tonight happened to be Gil Brandt & Brian McGovern. I called about Gerhart, and the screw job he is going to get from the NFL in this year's draft. I went on about the fact that there has not been a starting white tailback for over 25 years, how Brian Leonard, Jacob Hester & Peyton Hillis got royally screwed over, and how it would be a disgrace if this happened to Gerhart because he is white (I said that on the air). Gil Brandt's answer SHOCKED me....mind you this guy is a former scout for the Cowboys with a ton of NFL contacts, he told me......brace yourself CFers....that NOT ONE GM OR SCOUT THAT HE SPOKE WITH views Gerhart as ANYTHING but a TAILBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANDDDDDDDDD (it gets better) as long as he runs a sub 4.6 at the combine, is a LOCK for the late first round! I almost crashed my car when he told me this! He then went on and on about how, outside of CJ Spiller, Gerhart is the best back in the draft, in his opinion. What this goes to show me is.........when your THIS GOOD, you will not be stopped, meaning that if you perform lights out at the college level, as a PURE tailback, as Gerhart did, not H-back, or lovingly move to fullback (a/la wimpy Brian Leonard) you will win over scouts. The lesson to be learned, go to a mid major school,butttttt in a MAJOR conference, INSIST on playing tailback and ONLY tailback, put up great stats, and hopefully, you will be evaluated fairly. I haves a reallyyyyyy good feeling now, I really think Toby is gonna be the Jason Sehorn of Tailbacks,and it feels GREAT!

Alpha Male

Mentor
Awesome sehornlives! Great job. Did the scoutacknowledge the other white backs as being screwed over by the system? Edited by: Alpha Male

G

You probably did not use the phrase "caste system" which quantifies your facts, so I'll rate this as a B+. The DWFs in their stupor probably placed you in the skinhead category, and therefore not the true football experts that they are. All well and good but the caste system and the war on whites in general won't be over or won till a suit gets on media and in a matter of fact voice describes the caste system and the punishments to be meeted out for its one time perpetrators.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Sehornlives great job. I have confidence that Toby will come to the combines at 218/20 lbs. He will rip off a forty in the areas of 4.46 to 4.48 kick ass in the measureable skills. He does this, he sets the stage for either break through in being selected in the first round as a tailback/running or the same old horse manure.

It is going to be very interesting once Toby's combine is done to see what the NFL teams do and what the usual suspects state...Are you listening Uncle Cris!

Oh, welcome to the boards Serhornlives!!!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I belive Toby will do everything in his power to have a tremendous nfl combing. They need to get him in a speed, strenght and conditioning school to work on the various tasks he will be expected to do at the combine. I see no reason why he can't run a 4.4 to a 4.5 in the 40! The only thing that should stop him would be if he fell down or seriously tripped/stumpbled coming out of the start. Good luck to TD Toby!

Westside

Hall of Famer
White Lighting how many chances do rookies have to run the forty?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I would say they only have two other than doing an individual work out for a team. One is usually at your college pro day workout, and the other at the combine. Toby needs to show he can run a solid 4.45 to solidify his high draft pick. The NFL is so obsessed with speed. It's funny though because the all time leading receiver(J.Rice) and the all time leading running back(E.Smith)were both slow. They had average speed at best yet became the best of all time at what they did. In a fair world, Toby should be able to run a 4.6 and still get drafted but we all know that if your white, it will not happen.

I'm sure he will be ready. Toby has 4 months of training to be prepared to run the 40 of his life!

JReb1

Mentor
Alstott ran a 4.6, Staley ran a 4.4 and Smith ran a 4.7 or 8 I think at the combine. I'll never understand the obsession with a 40 time since it's rarely made a difference in NFL success.

Hopefully Toby is drafted to a team in need of a starting RB or they will be tempted to get him to switch positions if they already have an established back and he wants to play right away.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Let's not forget Maurice Clarett ran a 4.8 and was in all sorts of legal trouble but was still drafted. The idiot is now spending the next decade in a state prison in Ohio.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Yeah Clarett, due to slavery he could not over come his demons and attempted to rob a white couple with a knife. What a idiot.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
SehornLives, welcome to Caste Football & thanks for that positive news.

Toby needs to drop 15-20+ lbs to increase his 40 y/d time and vertical leap at the combine. He's probably holding 237-240 now, so I'd say 220-225 (max) would be optimal. I'm curious how many reps of 225 he'll get. The combine gives Whites a good chance (when invited) to display their awesome athletism.

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Westside said:
Yeah Clarett, due to slavery he could not over come his demons and attempted to rob a white couple with a knife. What a idiot.

LOL. These type of things can have a good result. Jim Tressell avoids recruits with the type of baggage Clarett had. Tressell contradicted his own policy by recruiting Pryor, who is a thug, but even he didn't have the skeletons in his closet that Clarett had.

JReb1

Mentor
DixieDestroyer said:
SehornLives, welcome to Caste Football & thanks for that positive news.

Toby needs to drop 15-20+ lbs to increase his 40 y/d time and vertical leap at the combine. He's probably holding 237-240 now, so I'd say 220-225 (max) would be optimal. I'm curious how many reps of 225 he'll get. The combine gives Whites a good chance (when invited) to display their awesome athletism.

I remember watching Brady Quinn do about 25 reps at 225 lbs which is extremely impressive for a QB. My guess is that Toby can do between 20-30 reps.

Toby should hire Don Beebe to help him with the combine. Beebe's "House of Speed" was designed to overcome Caste obstacle's that White athletes face and Don has 1st hand knowledge of the discrimination a White athlete faces going into the NFL.
<h2 style="">We help kids become faster, stronger athletes and better people</span></h2>

At
the House of Speed, we know that when kids feel better about their
accomplishments, they feel better about themselves as individuals. We
help young athletes of all ages achieve a performance edge and gain
greater self-esteem through our program, which we refer to as "Building
Character Through Sports."http://www.houseofspeed.com
Edited by: JReb1

guest301

Hall of Famer
Hey sehornlives, nice job of taking action and making your voice be heard. Welcome to CasteFootball.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Sehornlives, great post...The only pointer I would give CFers- is to mention Hillis, Hester and Woodhead as the current guys getting screwed and avoid saying Leonard is getting screwed b/c it won't convince any DWFs or "journalists". I think Leonard could be a solid 1st or 2nd team RB behind a solid line, but he might be best used as a 3rd down back who can get 5-9 carries a game in Cinci's offense. Leonard is only an average runner for TAILBACKS who get "playing time". Leonard is a very skilled receiver though! Leonard hasn't been "SCREWED" anywhere near the level of Hillis, Hester and Woodhead.