GGG vs Brook

Westside

Hall of Famer
Bernard say Brook gonna fuustrate Golovkin. Lampkin and him have been gabbing for too long. I think they're stalling.
Sky Sport of GB is controlling the telecast. Jim and Bernard have no control nor does HBO, just waiting for the fighters to enter. I have not been his excited for a fight since Wlad vs Haye.

The Hock

Master
Watching the preliminary commentary on HBO now. It is painful watching Bernard Hopkins trying to speak like an intelligent human being. Fighting was clearly his calling. Talking is not.
Yeah he be using ebonics here and there. He does know his boxing. By the way Hopkins was at his most watchable when he fought smaller guys like De La Hoya and Felix Trinidad.

Westside

Hall of Famer
GGG is going to gage Brook's speed by slamming his sledge hammer jab into Brook's mug for the 1st couple of rounds then lower the BOOM.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Damn, a lot of production in this build up.

Riggins44

Master
The whole stadium, almost all white, are rooting for the negro.

After the Rotherham Horror and all the other sex grooming disgraces in England, how any white Britisher could want to do anything for or with non-whites in Britain other than expel every single one of them from the country, is beyond me.

The Hock

Master
Way too much showbiz crap. I miss the old days when boxers would just walk in.

I was thinking the same thing. Gotta love those old 50's fights when the guys just walked up the aisle with their team.

Now you have to sit through a superbowl halftime show to get to the fight.

A little White Stripes for Triple G though. Not bad.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Ha ha, GGG's anthem sounds Stalin Soviet era influenced.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
The negro is rubbing its right eye and they are icing it between rounds.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Wow! Super exciting fight. Why the towel? The negro's eye may have been damaged.

Riggins44

Master
I am glad GGG won, but what a crap ending to the fight. Brook just stopped fighting. What a sorry performance from Brook.

Westside

Hall of Famer
That was a great stoppage by Brook's corner. They knew it was just a matter of a rd or two before Brook was leveled unconscious. Great head movement by Brook to avoid GGG bombs.

The Hock

Master
I was starting to panic. GGG's posture and body language were like it was the 11th or 12th round.

I don't think he was 100 percent for this one.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I was starting to panic. GGG's posture and body language were like it was the 11th or 12th round.

I don't think he was 100 percent for this one.

He was up 3 rounds to 1 at that point. He cant always be perfect. Brook landed some nice counterpunches.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Nice win for GGG! I had Brook winning one round in the fight.

He did win one round, and I got nervous too, but really it was only a matter of time before GGG put those patented rapid fire combos together. I've never seen anyone who keeps his balance with multiple follow up punches like he does, plus he's very strong and takes punches very well too.

Riggins44

Master
I didn't see Brook give up. I just saw his corner wave the towel.

Brook seemed to stop fighting in the 5th round. He was against the ropes and just stopped moving and throwing punches. Golovkin would have knocked him down very soon if his corner hadn't stepped in.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Like I said Brook's corner saw the writing on the wall. Let it go and have Brook permanently damaged or stop a bit too soon and have him ready to beat most 154 lbers.

TwentyTwo

Master
True! Brook's eye was giving him problems...he avoided what could have been permanent damage...give him credit...he looked good in the 2nd Round...but GGG is a brutal warrior! The body shots are legendary...his stalking skills are savage..the jab on another level

If GGG was sick at weigh-in & not 100% for the fight.... he would never admit it. He looked winded at times..something did seem a bit off

His post fight interview was interesting ...calling it a "street fight"..."game over".....& "breaking him down"....& the infamous "give big drama show"...but only rated himself " 3 or 4"

Last edited: