Gasol to Lakers

G

Lakers management finally admits that Kwame Brown is the biggest bust in the entire league, trades him for Pau Gasol.

Skipperron

Guru
And in the meantime, Memphis finally realizes they have too many white players and ships one off and picks up two black ones in his place.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Bummer, the Grizzlies were my favorite team.
smiley18.gif

13-33. Losers.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Lakers now have 6 white players on their roster (6 1/2 counting Jordan Farmer lol), pretty amazing actually for a franchise that has been one of the blacker teams for a long time, though only Luke Walton was a semi-starter before the acquisition of Gasol.

guest301

Hall of Famer
The Lakers could have 11 white players on the team and I would still have a hard time liking them because of the "alleged" Rapist Kobe and the new age guru Phil Jackson. That being said, I hope Gasol's star shines very brightly in LA.

Angelcynn

Guru
Gasol is a skillful and technical player considering how gangly and tall he is. He is a joy to watch. Going to the Lakers is a great opportunity for him to really prove how good he is. He will get more media attention at the Lakers, so I just hope he can put on a good show for us all. Mind you, Kobe is always going to try and steel his limelight with his selfishness.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Gasol had 24 points and 12 rebounds in his first game with the Lakers. Kobe Bryant had just 6 points.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Gasol had 24 points and 12 rebounds in his first game with the Lakers. Kobe Bryant had just 6 points.

If this becomes a trend, Gasol may find himself on the receiving end of an elbow inadvertently thrown by Kobe.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
The Lakers now have 6 white players on their roster (6 1/2 counting Jordan Farmer lol), pretty amazing actually for a franchise that has been one of the blacker teams for a long time, though only Luke Walton was a semi-starter before the acquisition of Gasol.
The Lakers have been very black(not exceptionally like other teams have been)since the Showtime era. I wonder if this is fundamental shift in their philosophy or just a statistical quirk. The Lakers haven't regularly played many white players since the West, Hot Rod Hunley era.Edited by: white is right

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Pau has been simply unstoppable since heading to L.A, even though he's not taking many shots.

last night, in yet another win, he grabbed 9 boards and scored 19 points on 9-11 shooting. maybe people will finally realize just how good he is.

Angelcynn

Guru
Pau is a great advert for Euro basketball and he's doing us proud so far. Also, he's Spannish yet he speaks better English than the vast majority of NBA players. No supsise though.

G

Gasol just had a another great game, 29pts. Helping Kobe and Lakers beat the Suns. The talking heads, however, were perverbially coming on them selves with Kobe's game. True, Kobe did have a great game, 41 pts., but they don't without the new superstar in the making, Pau Gasol! He has been a stud since he came to the Lakers.

G

It looks like the Lakers will be the team to beat and it looks like half the team is white! It will be lead by Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol. They seem to have a winning chemistry. Pau Gasol is certainly having a great season with his new team.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Kukulcan said:
Pau Gasol is certainly having a great season with his new team.

He was playing great, but has been out of the lineup due to an ankle injury. He is getting back into action.

From Johnny Ludden's column at Yahoo:

If anyone is going to transform them from first-round fodder to championship contender, it's their 7-foot center. Before Gasol sprained his left ankle less than three minutes into a March 14 loss in New Orleans, the Lakers had gone 16-3 with him in the lineup. Including the game in which he was hurt, they were 5-5 without him.

G

First let me say that Kobe is the straw that stirs the drink, that is the LA Lakers. That being said, Gasol and other whites(Walton,Sash etc) who put in the critical minutes will serve up Los Angeles another Championship. Only difference that this team will be much whiter than in the past.

Its funny, back in the last part of the 80's I pulled for the Celtics against the Lakers becuase they were mostly white team. This year I will be pulling for the Lakers against an almost all back team in the Celtics. The whites on that team are epic wood warmers.

Go Kobe and Gasol!

guest301

Hall of Famer
I will never be able to say to that alleged rapist and cheap shot artist, Go Kobe. Go Gasol,Walton, Radmonovich, etc..is ok.Edited by: guest301

G

Pau is dominating for the lakers, playing the most minutes on the team and controlling the paint.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Kukulcan said:
This year I will be pulling for the Lakers against an almost all back team in the Celtics. The whites on that team are epic wood warmers.

Go Kobe and Gasol!

Brian Scalabrine is not active for the playoffs, dropping the Celtic's white player count to a whopping bagel.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Well might as well root for the Spurs. They play a controlled smart style of basketball and Manu Ginobilli is money. They also have Brent BArry and Fabricio Oberto.

G

PhillyBirds said:
Brian Scalabrine is not active for the playoffs, dropping the Celtic's white player count to a whopping bagel.

I call them the Boston Africans.

G

It is now certain that the east will be respresented by all black NBA teams. Its my hope that either the Lakers and/or Spurs beat who ever the wins out of the east.

When I watched todays game I observed all the rabid/dumb and emuscleated whites cheer for the Celtics. These drunken dumb whites are in position three of the villians who operate the so called caste system. In first position is the white head coaches, second is the white GMs.

I told a friend that the Celtics should change the logo to a fat black guy with an afro holding a piece of popeyes chicken.
smiley36.gif
I pray that either the Lakers or the Spurs are victorious in the finals. This coming from a Celtic fan during the Larry Bird era.