Gasol and Miller Jewish?

referendum

Mentor
In another thread someone said that Mike Miller and Pau Gasol of the Grizzlies are Jewish. Does anyone know about this. Also, are there any Jewish NBA players?

Bunnyman

Guru
I remember Danny Schayes was Jewish.

UConn used to have some decent Jewish guards - Dov Hennefeld and at least one other - in the mid-90s. Now they only allow blacks to play for UConn.

KG2422

Mentor
Mike Miller is from South Dakota, not many Jews there. Pau Gasol is from Spain and looks like a Spaniard. I don't thonk those guys are Jews. If they were Jews they would probably get a lot more attention from the press than they do. Kinda like how Einstein is the smartest man to ever live, Freud wasn't a pervert, Jay Fiedler is a decent quarterback, etc.
smiley1.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
I have heard that Gasol is a spanish jew. Freud was a pervert, so White Savage, I can be objective. Kinsey was a pervert too..I believe he was jewish. What about Jeremy Bloom, does anybody know whether he was jewish?

guest301

Hall of Famer
phrased better..Is Jeremy Bloom jewish?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
phrased better..Is Jeremy Bloom jewish?

I was wondering the same thing myself.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I also wonder how much the posts on him will be reduced if he is found out to be Jewish. i think as far as the caste system and it's downfall is concerned. If a athlete looks white, he is white.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I don't see the NFL loaded with very many white-skinned players of any ethnic persuasion, including Jews. I'll root for Bloom regardless of his background.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
who cares?!?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Getting a little carried away here, aren't you Guest301? After all, I'll bet just about everyone here has been a life-long fan of The Three Stooges even after learning they were Jewish.
smiley36.gif
nyuk, nyuk

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good one Don! Those guys were hilarious, and they say Curly was a world class dancer in his youth.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Bunnyman...6-4 pg Doron sheffer and 6-10 Uri Cohen Mintz played for UConn in the early 90's..Doron had a brief stint in the nba.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Oh Brother! We've already got a couple threads going about favorite black players. By the end of the year we'll have Bryant Gumbel and Abe Foxman posting regularly.

Doron never played in the NBA, I think it was a controversy about a
guaranteed contract.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bart said:
Oh Brother! We've already got a couple threads going about favorite black players. By the end of the year we'll have Bryant Gumbel and Abe Foxman posting regularly.

smiley36.gif
I guess Abe and Bryant can both toast Rod Carew (black, converted to Judaism).

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Remember in the movie "Airplane" when a passenger asks for something light to read and the stewardess gives him a pamphlet on Jewish athletes.
smiley36.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
Now who's getting carried away! Don't worry, I'm sure CF will not become a celebration of the black and Jewish athlete.LOL.Even I don't want that...back to the question..does anybody know if Jeremy Bloom is of jewish descent..sometimes a last name can be misleading.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Guest301, I wish I knew about Bloom, but I dont.Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don, all you Pittsburghers? must still be buzzed up from the Super Bowl.
smiley36.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
Deacon wrote:

According to that website Bloom has a Jewish father and a non-Jewish mother. So...half-Jew.

It's very possible, but I don't trust the accuracy of some of these sites. Too much hearsay and anecdotal evidence. Being regarded Jewish can open previously closed doors in most fields, especially entertainment.

I've always enjoyed musicals and appreciate singers with strong, powerful or operatic type voices. Several years ago Robert Goulet was starring in a touring production of the musical -Camelot- which is one of my favorites. He was interviewed on a radio program and the host asked him about his roots.

Goulet spoke of his childhood in Canada and his wonderful memories of celebrating Christmas with his mother. The interviewer found it interesting as he had heard that Goulet was Jewish. Robert laughed and said he was not but many poeple assume he is. He then told a story of how the rumour probably started when he was young and trying to break into show business. Over the course of time he just never corrected the impression.

Since his industry is dominated by Jews, word spread among managers and talent agencies. Suddenly he began getting offers and everything took off from there. What I find interesting is that he never bothered to dispel the false assumptions of his heritage until many years after he became a big star. He aint no dummy!!