From Shannon Sharpe

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Shannon Sharpe wrote the following in a piece for NFL.com:

Atlanta had a third-and-2 with 1:14 remaining in overtime against the Buccaneers and they throw the ball? What? Why? Michael Vick is the seventh-worst-rated passer in the NFL. Not seventh best, but seventh worst. So why not run the ball with Warrick Dunn for two yards? It made no sense and they ended up losing to the Bucs.

Of course, he also tempered this statement by making the following statement BEFORE he wrote the above about Vick:

Carolina is disappointing. Jake Delhomme is too loose with the ball. What do I always say? You cannot put your team in harm's way, and that is what Delhomme does with turnovers.

Can't denigrate a black player without prefacing it first with a derogatory comment about a white one. Delhomme is twice the quarterback Vick will ever be.

Edited by: White Shogun

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if Sharpe has a ghost writer to put his thoughts in English for him. Listening to him speak is, to use a controversial word, "torture."

Spooge

Guru
Ya know the interesting point many people are making (including on the
Falcons message board) is that Vi.. is not running the ball as he
should/could have this season. I believe the core issue is
that Mi.. Vi.. can not run the ball as he has done in the past, due to
nagging injuries, the fear of being injured , etc. Blank bought
himself a blue herring in Vi.. and will reap a whirlwind as Vi..
continues to decline athletically, leaving only the erie spectre of
throwing inaccurate passes.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Maybe some Faclon fans are starting to realize Mexico's faults after all!
smiley36.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Carolina is disappointing. Jake Delhomme is too loose with the ball. What do I always say? You cannot put your team in harm's way, and that is what Delhomme does with turnovers.

Can't denigrate a black player without prefacing it first with a derogatory comment about a white one. Delhomme is twice the quarterback Vick will ever be.

you're right Shogun, although he has a point about Delhomme... thanks Jake for giving Bucs a control of NFC South again
smiley17.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
thanks Jake for giving Bucs a control of NFC South again

Is it over already? Tampa wins and they get the division, is that right?

backrow

Hall of Famer
yup... with a TB win and/or Carolina's loss Bucs are sitting pretty on top of NFC South