From Russia With Glove!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm sure alot of you have seen the James Bond Movie "From Russia With Love".I thought we should start a new thread From Russia With Glove! I'm just amazed at how many outstanding boxers are coming out of Russia and the countries that used to be part of the Old Soviet Union.Evan Ivan Drago from Rocky 4 has nothing on these guys.I have never enjoyed boxing so much.Finally we get to feel the pride that others have felt for so many years.It is a great feeling and a wakeup to many americans who belive all whites are weak.

jcolec02

Mentor
yeah hopefully valuev will retire undefeated and klitschko can unify the belts

Kaptain

Master
Jcolec02, Then Valuev would have to retire now before Klitschko unifies the belts. I don't think we want that.

Sooner or later,Both wlad and valuev will have to duke it out for the undisputed championship of the world.Valuev has a really thick head to go with that jaw.I can't see anyone knocking him out but out pointing him yes. Wlad UD over Valuev

freedom1

Mentor
There's so many of them! Wlad, Vitali, Oleg, Sergei and Nicolai have made there marks. Here come:

Povetkin
Chagaev
Ibragimov bros
Boystov
Dimitrenko
Virchis

No wonder these guys gave the Germans hell in WWII.

G

white lightning said:
I'm sure alot of you have seen the James Bond Movie "From Russia With Love".I thought we should start a new thread From Russia With Glove! I'm just amazed at how many outstanding boxers are coming out of Russia and the countries that used to be part of the Old Soviet Union.Evan Ivan Drago from Rocky 4 has nothing on these guys.I have never enjoyed boxing so much.Finally we get to feel the pride that others have felt for so many years.It is a great feeling and a wakeup to many americans who belive all whites are weak.

Doesn't count. They're Slavs. Make good kapos, that's about it. It's meaningless and has nothing to do with establishing more locker room for My People. You guys all know this deep down already. My struggle is your struggle.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Schickelgruber said:
Doesn't count. They're Slavs. Make good kapos, that's about it. It's meaningless and has nothing to do with establishing more locker room for My People. You guys all know this deep down already. My struggle is your struggle.

Unless I'm a Slav. Then I guess my struggle is just my struggle, alone.

To whom are you referring when you write, "My People", Schickelgruber? Edited by: White Shogun

white is right

Hall of Famer
He is refering to Germanics. He must be a hardcore racist, or at least a fake one........
smiley5.gif

Gary

Mentor
It's pignuts or some other loser.What a story however in less then 10 years Eastern Europeans have cleaned out the Heavyweight division of all the crap,thugs,morons and inner city bums!!Now we have Champions who speak several languages and have a college education and they can fight!!!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Gary said:
It's pignuts or some other loser.What a story however in less then 10 years Eastern Europeans have cleaned out the Heavyweight division of all the crap,thugs,morons and inner city bums!!Now we have Champions who speak several languages and have a college education and they can fight!!!

I don't know, Gary, are eastern Europeans white? Schickelgruber aka Hitler doesn't seem to think so.

Just in case anyone reading is wondering why I'd refer to Schickelgruber as Hitler, Aloys Schicklgruber is the birth name of Adolf Hitler's father. Edited by: White Shogun

White_Savage

Mentor
Completely and obviously a troll and a fake. There is no genetic difference between the Slavics and other Caucasoids...they are just as White as the Celts and Germans. Oh, Shickelgruber, if you're REALLY an idiot from "our side" as opposed to a clever troll, then remember that the Slavs are also alot Whiter than Hitler, who was at least 1/4 Semitic.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
White_Savage said:
Completely and obviously a troll and a fake. There is no genetic difference between the Slavics and other Caucasoids...they are just as White as the Celts and Germans. Oh, Shickelgruber, if you're REALLY an idiot from "our side" as opposed to a clever troll, then remember that the Slavs are also alot Whiter than Hitler, who was at least 1/4 Semitic.

But are they whiter then Aloys Schicklgruber? He was the father of the furher of the fatherland. (say that 3 times fast
smiley5.gif
)

Gary

Mentor
So according to pignuts to be a White Boxing Champion you have to be named Tommy,Jimmy,Bobby or Billy Joe and come from Iowa,Mississippi or Texas!!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Gary said:
So according to pignuts to be a White Boxing Champion you have to be named Tommy,Jimmy,Bobby or Billy Joe and come from Iowa,Mississippi or Texas!!

Maybe more like Adolf, Heinrich, or Erwin, from Prussia, Bavaria, and Hamburg.
smiley5.gif

Sean

Mentor
Eastern Europeans own the heavyweight division, and this seems to have given a spark to fighters from other countries. There are American prospects on the horizon, a few British, German, hey there's even a French heavyweight prospect. I'm glad to see this.

Eastern Europeans are white. I'll never forget a post I saw similar to that on Eastside boxing...The guy said that the Klitschko's were not even white, they were European.
smiley5.gif

Hockaday

Guru
I've been a boxing fan for long time, long enough to suffer through a sorry succession of unsuccesful white hopes. Quarry, Bobick, Cooney, Morrison. While they all had their moments, in the really big fights they all went down, quite often spectacularly.

Of course photographers were there to immortalize those moments of failure. I was an avid reader of boxing magazines, and it seemed every issue had one of those photos somewhere in it. Quarry protesting after being stopped again. Bobick grimacing as Norton blitzes him in thirty-eight seconds. A beaten Gerry Cooney being rescued by his trainer. Morrison unconscious against the ropes at the end of his fight with Mercer. They've become classics, the kind of pictures Spike Lee would hang on the walls of his pizzeria.

After years of this I was beat down as a white boxing fan. I still respected, and enjoyed watching, the Holmes's and Tysons doing what they did. Still, I thought, man, can't we get some more white guys in there? Can't we compete at the top level? It didn't seem so. For a while I just became resigned to the fact that the Europeans race simply wasn't producing top heavyweight boxers

Then one night in the mid nineties I watched a guy named Andrew Golota knock out Donnel Nicholson. The big white guy's talent was obvious, and it was time for him to step up. So in his next fight they put him in with Riddick Bowe, an elite heavyweight, who I'm sure expected an easy night. Then the bell rang and Bowe was caught completely by surprise as Golota slapped him around like a freshman in gym class. Bowe was outpunched, outboxed and out manuevered, until the Pole's fouling saved him.

After the fight, I wondered whether Golota was just some sort of freak, or if there were more like him out there. In the next few years names began to trickle in from across the pond. First the Klitchkos. Then Maskeav. Then more names ending in eav, ev, ich, and so forth. Now the trickle is turning into a flood, and these guys are proving me wrong. They're big and white, and they can really fight.

Years ago Ken Norton said something about the upper half of the heavyweight top ten being the ghetto. It was the preserve of black men, and no white man was tough enough to live there. Meaning the top echelon of the heavyweights was reserved for blacks. I'm sure Norton was gloating a bit when he said this, but at the time he was right. Well, no longer. The worm has turned. I'm sure the brothers will be heard from again, but they might have to get a passport first. The ghetto has moved across the Atlantic.

Edited by: Hockaday

Gary

Mentor
Norton also got his booty whipped by Cooney in 1 round.There was an Iron Curtain that saved punks like Norton from having to fight real men like the Eastern Europeans!!

Hockaday

Guru
Yeah, Norton had a reputation as something of a supremist. He wasn't so supreme against big punchers, though.

bigman

Guru
I think Golota is far more talented than any of the eastern europeans presently at the top. He really was an natural fighter and if he had been mentally as tough as he was physically gifted he would have had a very long reignon top.Maskaev also is a natural talent but his time is over, no one can stay at the top at that age. He should have one or two title fights at most before he hangs them up. The next wave of fighters is where a unifying champ will likely be found. Who knows maybe it will be a former free safety at a 1A football program.

The sad thing about the white heavyweights of the 60s,70sand80s was that they are not rememberedas the great fighters that they were partly because of race bias. Quarrie was absolutely one of the top 5 fighters of the mid 60s. That he did not maintain his speed and strength into the 70s is nothing to be ashamed of. His knock out of Earnie Shavers (a great great fighter) as well as his early tournament fights of '67 for the HW crown are legendary. Edited by: bigman

white is right

Hall of Famer
Only Wlad had as much physical talent as the Golota that fought Bowe in the first fight. The Golota that got 3 title fights in a row was the shell of the same fighter. Quarry actually had a long run near the top of the division. He lost alot of speed but kept up his toughness. He was really only over matched against Ali.

JD074

Master
bigman said:
next wave of fighters is where a unifying champ will likely be found. Who knows maybe it will be a former free safety at a 1A football program

I love Tommy Z, but he's a little small to be HW champ.