foxsports article with jason sehorn

psychosid

Oh well, Sehorn sold us out, saying that race has NOTHING to do with who plays in the NFL. What a spineless wimp, it figures, when he played he never stood up for himself on the field, never returned any trash talk, as good as he was, let himself be degraded in almost every game. You know something Sehorn, your NOT the only white guy who can play this position, and you would be singing a different tune if your ass would have been on the bench for your whole career, which it would have if THOMAS RANDOLPH (the smaller, slower, less athletic black corner who was drafted ahead of him in the same draft) never got injured. I hate to insult you SEHORN, but you were just about the most talented cornerback to ever play the game and if you didn't blow out your knee, you would have been a top 5 corner of all time, and you STILL werent a 1st round pick???? Why do you think that is Sehorn? It is because you are white. Very depressing, this p*ssy had a chance to really speak up, and cowered down like the good little meek **** that he is. What a disgrace.

backrow

Hall of Famer
he is not a disgrace for f**k sakes. he doesn't have to speak out for anyone. do you think ANYONE would listen? it will take thousands of fans to change the perceptionm and more than one has-been.
it is a damn shame he didn't say anything, but still, caste system doesn't depend on him coming out and saying it. if none of the former greats is speaking against it, why would he throw himself under the bus?

anyhow, can we have a link please?

psychosid

go to foxsports.com, its the lead story, you will see a pic of sehorn, click on it.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7269916?forum_key=StoryCo mments&topic_key=7269916
<DIV ="storyline">
Is the white CB gone for good?
<DIV ="storyline">Mark Kreigel
<DIV ="storyline">
<DIV ="storyline">
A week removed from Donovan McNabb's remarks about black quarterbacks, the nation prepares for another weekend of pro football, a game segregated by position.

For the sake of argument, consider the rule, and not the exception. Kickers and punters are white. Running backs (excluding the "throwback" blocking types) are black. Receivers are mostly black. Quarterbacks, as McNabb noted, remain predominantly white.

Still, a single black quarterback would be one more than the number of starting white cornerbacks.

"I may have been the last," says Jason Sehorn, who retired four years ago.

The last ever, he means. Sehorn, whose nickname among the Giants was "Species," now wonders if white cornerbacks are themselves extinct.

"Like the dinosaur," he says.

Then again, if in fact the white cornerback is a dead species, it wouldn't bother Sehorn too much. It is not, at least in his mind, a civil rights question.

"Being the last doesn't mean anything," he says. "It's not like being the first. It's not like I was a pioneer."

Sehorn, now an analyst for FOX Sports Net, considers black quarterbacks like James Harris and Doug Williams among the game's pioneers. He's more ambivalent on the subject of McNabb, who recently told HBO's James Brown that black quarterbacks "have to do a little extra" and that their white counterparts "don't get criticized as much as we do."

"As a journalist," says Sehorn, "the first thing I thought was, 'It's not the color of your skin. It's the city you play in.'"

Philadelphia, where it is brotherly to loathe, has the most notorious fans in America. Long before booing McNabb, they booed Santa Claus and Mike Schmidt. Sehorn  who notes that black quarterbacks have been drafted with the first pick in two of the last six NFL drafts (should've been three if the Texans had the sense to draft Vince Young)  ventures an educated guess that McNabb's comments are rooted in frustration, the voice of a man telling himself: "You take all this crap, and for what?"

"We played the Eagles twice a year and they never had a great wide receiver," says Sehorn. "But the one year they give him a great wide receiver  even if he was a malcontent  he gets them to the Super Bowl. And then what?"

Then he gets booed.

Still, as former player, there's something in Sehorn that feels obligated to qualify his answer.

"I've never been in McNabb's shoes," he says.

Translation: I've never been a black quarterback.

He has, however, been a white cornerback. And one can't help but wonder why the very idea has become such an anomaly. How many white kids from junior high through college were down-shifted, as it were, from corner to safety and from safety to linebacker in anticipation of a career at the next level?

Like most questions involving race and sports, these may be impossible to answer, but nevertheless worth asking. White cornerbacks lack the same historical baggage black quarterbacks have to carry, but by the same token, is there not a presumption against them? Didn't Jason Sehorn have to do "a little extra" to prove himself?

"No," he says.

His answer comes as something of a surprise. For a guy who grew up dirt poor without a father, Sehorn is devout in his belief that one should make his own breaks. It may sound naïve, but he considers professional football a meritocracy.

"I truly believe the best people play," he says. "No matter what color they are."

Sehorn played safety through his junior year at USC, and was projected as a safety when drafted by the Giants. He played two preseason games at the strong side position. By his own account, he was "awful." He was also bored.

"Sitting around doing nothing," he says. "It was mundane."

Finally, defensive coordinator Mike Nolan asked: "What do you feel most comfortable doing?"

"Playing corner," he said.

He believed he was a cornerback. And that's how he made his career, six years as a starter, the last white corner of any consequence since Atlanta's Scott Case back in the '80s. If a single play could illustrate Sehorn's virtues as an athlete, it would be his interception of McNabb in a playoff game on Jan. 7, 2001.

From Bill Pennington's story in the New York Times: "As McNabb let go of the ball, Sehorn, who had been retreating in coverage, broke forward and dived for the pass a few feet in front of (Torrance) Small. Sehorn got his hands on the ball, but he fell to the ground, rolling onto his back as he bobbled the ball. Lying on the grass and looking up, Sehorn batted the ball in the air, then caught it with two hands even as he was rising to run the other way.

"With the ball tucked under his arm, Sehorn quickly made a move to elude a Philadelphia lineman, then outraced McNabb to the corner of the end zone."

"I've never seen an interception like that," said Jim Fassel, the Giants coach.

"It was instinct," Sehorn said after the game.

Instinct? According to the ever-prevailing stereotypes, such instinct and athleticism is precisely what's lacking in so many white players.

Sehorn doesn't doubt that a form of prejudice, however benign, results in some white high school kids being steered away from positions like cornerback. Then again, part of the problem has to be the kids themselves.

"Some people are like sheep," he says.

You can't be a running back unless you believe you're a running back. Same goes for cornerbacks and quarterbacks.

"You have to believe in yourself," says Sehorn. "You have to believe that you can be the anomaly."

there are lots of comments at the end, but you can already guess that most of them are mind numbing...Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Sehorn isn't going to throw his broadcasting career away. But still, at least the article mentions some things:

the nation prepares for another weekend of pro football, a game segregated by position.

How many white kids from junior high through college were down-shifted, as it were, from corner to safety and from safety to linebacker in anticipation of a career at the next level?

Like most questions involving race and sports, these may be impossible to answer, but nevertheless worth asking. White cornerbacks lack the same historical baggage black quarterbacks have to carry, but by the same token, is there not a presumption against them? Didn't Jason Sehorn have to do "a little extra" to prove himself?

He believed he was a cornerback.

Sehorn doesn't doubt that a form of prejudice, however benign, results in some white high school kids being steered away from positions like cornerback. Then again, part of the problem has to be the kids themselves.

You can't be a running back unless you believe you're a running back. Same goes for cornerbacks and quarterbacks.

I'd say this article and its prominent placement indicates a growing awareness of the Caste System, or asthe articleputs it the NFL's "segregation." The reality is that the power structure can't have it both ways. They can't demand multiculturalism and desegregationin all areas of society and then let certain sports be coal black for decades on end. For if sports can be "segregated" then why not the rest of society? And if the NFL is truly a meritocracy, then why shouldn't all other institutions be so as well instead of only the ones where blacks do well?Edited by: Don Wassall

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Sick stuff there Sehorn. Congrats on taking the easy way out.
smiley5.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
exactly my thoughts Don, i was about to post something very much alike to what you did.
i think more and more people are becoming aware of this elephant in the room, even reading comments on various boards recently, after McNabb's interview or about Brian Leonard and Bills defense i could tell that more poeple are questioning lack of white players at certain positions. Jim Leonhard surprised many with his great play, would they automatically assume that he won't make it if he was black? of course not, and some people realized that.

Brian Leonard can be next huge break, i do believe that people seeing a white featured tailback for the first time in many years (Alstott, Hoover and Forsey were mere short lived episodes) will ask themselves why is he the ONLY one? he needs do do well for them to notice, but at least he is in a position to do it.

and he wasn't even a featured runner in college! that's something we are not used to as normally it goes the other way.

PS Jason's best play

Edited by: backrow

white tornado

Mentor
he said he might be the last ever and he's fine with that F.U. Seahorn

backrow

Hall of Famer
white tornado said:
he said he might be the last ever and he's fine with that F.U. Seahorn

of course he's fine with it, he want to be the very last white cornerback, it goves him a place in the history i guess.

it ain't going to happen, i am sure that sooner or later NFL will have another white starting corner. i am hoping for Dustin Fox to fight his way through subpar Bills defensive backs and eventually get a starting spot.

imagine the scrutiny though, he'd have to go to the media and complain about all the criticism and the little extra that he has to give
smiley2.gif
Edited by: backrow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I just refreshed the article and all the comments are gone! Maybe it's a glitch of some kind, or maybenot asmany peopleareswallowingthe anti-white Cultural Marxist line of the media these days.

"You have to believe in yourself," says Sehorn. "You have to believe that you can be the anomaly."

After reading this article, I couldn't help but want to slap the caste out of him. However, this last part of the article is true and I agree with it. He basically says that (White) kids will succeed more at these positions if they are confident in themsleves about it. In other words, White kids need to start taking control, and not let themselves be pushed into positions that they don't want to play in.

If more White kids stood up and said, "F*ck you coach, I'm a corner NOT a safety, dammit!", we'd see more White skill players in the NFL. Not much more, but at least some. Bottom line: White players need to start being more assertive and stubborn.

G

It would only take one. We are dealing with a cult that enforces its taboos with emotive appeals.

backrow

Hall of Famer
prime and recent example: Brian Leonard, basically written off by 80% of the scouts and analists as a fullback, refused to bulk up, slimmed down and decided to be a runningback. if a white athlete has talent and this kind of desire, it will be very hard for the system to hold them down, imo.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good point Gi-15, but Eric Crouch did the same thing and got nowhere fast.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I tend to lean with what Groundfighter is saying although I believe Sehorn should have said he believes whites are capable of playing all positions.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Ground Fighter said:
If more White kids stood up and said, "F*ck you coach, I'm a corner NOT a safety, dammit!", we'd see more White skill players in the NFL. Not much more, but at least some. Bottom line: White players need to start being more assertive and stubborn.

You'd see more white kids on the bench is what you'd see. Coaches are all powerful, no one is going to tell them what to do and by nature they are hard asses who would get pissed off by some kid telling them what to do. What's the option? Play another position or stand on the sidelines every Friday and/or Saturday. Not much of a choice for most kids.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Ground Fighter said:

You'd see more white kids on the bench is what you'd see. Coaches are all powerful, no one is going to tell them what to do and by nature they are hard asses who would get pissed off by some kid telling them what to do. What's the option? Play another position or stand on the sidelines every Friday and/or Saturday. Not much of a choice for most kids.

Yeah, especially at the high school level, maybe once they have some clout on a college team (if that is possible) it might work.

The solution is not easy. It is simple. It will also be painful. The difference between a minor sport and a major sport is there is a sufficient following in the community that you can charge admission to games and people other than the parents will pay that admission to watch. So for a while whites need to stop watching high school football. This will temporarily deprive the High school football programs of some of their revenue. Uniforms will cease to be bought and stadiums ceased to be built. Do not join the booster club unless it it a general sports booster club then do everything you can to divert the Club's funds to sports like golf, baseball, soccer, and swimming where the participants are generally white.
If enough whites do this long enough the High School football programs will go broke. They are extremely expensive. OR the coaching staffs will discover that there are a lot of talented white kids in the school
The other thing that might happen is you might find a white dominated sport you really ,really like. Also no buying college or NFL junk until they clean the racsim up.

That writer's book "Pistol" is a must-read.

Skipperron

Guru
I got the feeling that he was basically saying whites would be allowed to play CB if they were just good enough, but they are not because they don't believe they are. Huh???????????? What a load of crap. And then he pretty bunch says there is racism when it comes to blacks and the QB position or maybe all of football. Huh again. Blacks totally dominate football. How could racism play a part against blacks AT ANY POSITION? I mean really, whatever they want they get. So I do lose respect for anyone that would hold the position that blacks still face an uphill battle for any position in football or any other sport.