Flooring

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Any help would be greatly appreciated. My friend is going to put flooring down in my apartment in two rooms. I need about 350 sq feet. Does anyone know what is the best value? I am leaning toward Pergo or some other type of laminate.

Kaptain

Master
Why are you flooring your apartment? Are you buying it? If not, the best value is the existing floor. Otherwise, it would be your personal taste balanced with how much you want to spend. Laminate is pretty cheap. I went cheaper and ripped off my old flooring down to the original wood - sanded and refinished - and it looks better than anything I could have bought even though it was a lot of work.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i'm going with Poop on this one. i was flipping houseswhenthe economy tanked so i've got a little bit of knowledge, and he's given you some good advice.

*thumbs up*

if you do own it, and you don't want to go to all the trouble of re-finishing an old floor, laminate "hardwoods" are the easiest way to go and they look pretty good.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I have carpeting in one room and linoleum in the other. The carpet is totally destroyed and underneath it is concrete. I have a dog so I have to put down laminate because the dog destroys the carpeting. The linoluem looks terrible and so does the carpeting.