Flag Football

booth

Mentor
Is it possible that flag football will become a major sport? I didn't know it was already as popular as it is now. My concern is whether it draws more whites away from contact football.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Personally I think it’s unlikely to ever be as popular for spectators but check out this link found in the article :

So once again a traditional male bastion is going to be infiltrated.

The fact that the nfl is supporting this says to me they are truly worried about CTE even more than they let on.

icsept

Master
Flag football was a blast in college intramurals. However, I used to suffer jammed thumbs grabbing flags and hitting the leg or hip. No CTE though.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Is it possible that flag football will become a major sport? I didn't know it was already as popular as it is now. My concern is whether it draws more whites away from contact football.
The type of athlete would be different without tackling big guys would be out and track and field type sprinters or decathletes would be in. I recall playing this in junior high and picks occurred and slamming bodies when people tried to grab flags from the other side of the runner with the ball.

At best this could be a niche sport or an off season work out type thing for marginal pros and prospects as I can't see any league paying anything more than arena league type pay.