Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bear Backer

Mentor
Electric Slide said:
Bear Backer said:
Just who are you trying to convince, us or you? j/k
smiley36.gif

Lol, trying to convince you because what I said is something maybe an overweight person would say, lol. I'm about 6'1'' 185 lb former college athlete, just to give you an idea.
smiley36.gif

After you were no longer involved in athletics did you find that you had a hard time maintaining your weight for a while? I played baseball in college, not exactly as intense of a sport compared to some, but I weighed about 180 pounds when I graduated. After about 2 years I had ballooned up to around 216. Not overly husky for a medium build 5'11 1/2" frame, but still noticeable. Once I really started to try to get back in shape not eat as much as I did when I was active in athletics, it took me about a year and a half to drop weight and I still have rarely been able to get below 190 which I hover around now without an insane amount of work which I am just not willing to do at this stage in my life.

Bear Backer said:
Electric Slide said:
Bear Backer said:
Just who are you trying to convince, us or you? j/k
smiley36.gif

Lol, trying to convince you because what I said is something maybe an overweight person would say, lol. I'm about 6'1'' 185 lb former college athlete, just to give you an idea.
smiley36.gif

After you were no longer involved in athletics did you find that you had a hard time maintaining your weight for a while? I played baseball in college, not exactly as intense of a sport compared to some, but I weighed about 180 pounds when I graduated. After about 2 years I had ballooned up to around 216. Not overly husky for a medium build 5'11 1/2" frame, but still noticeable. Once I really started to try to get back in shape not eat as much as I did when I was active in athletics, it took me about a year and a half to drop weight and I still have rarely been able to get below 190 which I hover around now without an insane amount of work which I am just not willing to do at this stage in my life.

I guess everyone is different. I actually weigh less than I did in college, and I've been out for a few years now. The lack of heavy lifting is what has kept my weight down. I like to run for my exercise, and everyone now and then I'll get on a streak of weight lifting. I will sometimes take time off from any exercise, not a good idea, but even then I do not gain any weight and in fact slowly lose weight, because when I don't work out I don't eat very much, sometimes just one meal a day. I know that's not healthy at all, but just what comes naturally to me. I have been working out more lately, because even though I always have decent muscle tone, I would like to stand out though, especially for the ladies, haha. Anyway I know that's off topic but just trying to answer your question.

Back to the topic, about the sushi yes I have only tried it at highly regarded places. I have a couple buddies that work at a well known sushi joint in town, and they do it well there. I just found out though that there's a place with an all you can eat sushi buffet where they keep making it fresh. I'm gonna have to check that out soon!