Edwin Valero

ww

Guru
He wasn't White, he was Amerindian, or mixed White-Amerindian (Mestizo), so I don't know if you guys are interested in this, but I find the whole story a real operatic boxing tragedy.  I also think that the circumstances of his death are extremely suspicious, especially after seeing the video of his body in his jail cell that was strangely released to the internet and shows the trousers hanging on the wall by which device he was alleged to have hung himself.  And now this:

Edwin Valero's body exhumed in Venezuela

CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) â€" Venezuelan authorities have exhumed the body of former boxer Edwin Valero to dispel lingering doubts regarding his death.

Prosecutor Jesus Belucchi says two of the boxer's relatives requested the exhumation because they suspect that Valero may have not committed suicide.

Police say the former WBA super featherweight and WBC lightweight champion hanged himself inside a jail cell on April 19, a day after the boxer was arrested in the stabbing death of his 24-year-old wife.

But Edward and Luis Valero requested the exhumation and a forensic investigation to determine the cause of their sibling's death. They suspect he could have been strangled by police who took him into custody.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxing/2010-05-13-3106376651_x.htm

jcolec02

Mentor
Valero was a ridiculous puncher, and he always appeared to be somewhat crazy just by the way he looked, he always went straight ahead and threw punches in every fight, his record was 27 wins, no losses and all of his wins were knockouts...

Westside

Hall of Famer
WW

His tragic death was already covered in a another thread of his death. Man, to have 27 victories all by KO, you gotta pack alot of power in a 135 to 140 lbs frame.

ww

Guru
Sorry, I didn't notice that other thread.  Yes, he was a boxing sensation. I noticed that even the boxing fans on the Philippine boxing forum were lamenting his death because they were anticipating a future showdown with their national hero, Pacman.  It would have been electric.

Here is the shocking video of Valero in his jail cell if you want to see it and if you haven't already.  It raises a lot of questions.  Why was this film released to the internet?  It is a police forensics film.  He isn't even covered up for modesty. Why would he hang himself naked?  How could he possible hang himself on a pair of pants draped on the wall.  What evidence do with have that he really confessed to killing, or even beating, his wife.  It is rumored that he had complained to the authorities that gangsters wanted to harm him and his wife, but I don't know if that's true.

http://theync.com/media.php?name=15429-prison

Westside

Hall of Famer
WW

Latin television is very graphic, its their norm of televising events or stories. Here in L.A. Univision or Channel 34, spanishing speaking networks routinely cover traffic accidents or shootings with graphic shots of the victims dismembered all over the street or dying form bullet holes to their craniums. It presents a more realistic view. I wish American networks were the similar.

Usually when people hand themselves they strip naked. Some say to go to their respective after life without any dirty earthly possessions.

ww

Guru
"Usually when people hang themselves they strip naked. Some say to go to
their respective after life without any dirty earthly possessions."

Are you experienced in this field? I'm no expert, but I wouldn't think that stripping off all ones clothes would be something a suicidal person would do - particularly with the spanish machismo thing - bowing out in a humiliating way.

Do you think it would be possible to hang yourself on a pair of pants draped on the wall like that? I don't see how. Perhaps a bunch of big strong guys might help you though!