Edmund Gerber

Unfortunately, Gerber lost his match yesterday (first loss of his career), by decision to Negro Michael Sprott. It was a rematch from their earlier fight, which Gerber won by TKO, and the Negro Sprott violently accosted the ref because he was mad at the stoppage (typical thug Negro behaviour, kinda reminiscent of Judah-Tszyu).

First of all, I think Sprott should have been suspended from boxing for a minimum of one year. The boxing authorities were way too easy on him, he only had a 3 month suspension for attacking a referee. In my opinion, he should have been criminally charged for assault and suspended atleast one year. So, I don't agree with him even being allowed to fight at this point.

Gerber is one of my favourite young heavyweights so I am disappointed he lost. On the plus side, he is very young, and can absolutely come back from this. Losing a decision is much better than getting knocked out as well. I am confident and hopeful that Gerber can come back!

Gerber really looked amazing coming up the ladder in his past few fights. This loss can be used as a learning experience and it may make him even better down the line. Many boxers experience losses early in their career which can make or break them! I think Gerber needs to make some changes in his training, and build up a bit slower towards big fights. Sprott is a true veteran and maybe Gerber needs a bit more experience before fighting this level!

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/gerber-i-will-knock-chisoras-lights-out-225714

Gerber: I will knock Chisora’s lights out

Edmund Gerber (23-1, 14 KOs) feels ready to become the European Heavyweight Champion. On September 21, the 25-year-old German will get his very first title shot at the Copper Box Arena London, England. That night, Englishman Dereck Chisora (17-4, 11 KOs) will stand in the opposite corner as he tries to get his hands at the EBU Belt on his second attempt. However, Gerber will not let it get to that point in the first place. In the following interview, Gerber tells how he will be able to beat Chisora.

Edmund Gerber, on September 21 you will be challenging Dereck Chisora for the vacant European heavyweight title. How is your preparation for this fight going?

All I can say is that I am currently dedicated and joyful when working out at the gym. When I am in such a good mood in training, a top performance can be expected of me come fight night. My coach Karsten Röwer and I have especially put emphasis on my stamina. I had fun to torture my body and can hardly wait to step into the ring.

How pleased were you with your last fight against Gbenga Oloukun this March?

The first five rounds I did what my coach wanted me to do, which saw me dominating this bout. But for whatever reasons, I backed away from our tactics and lost control. I still won this fight clearly, but I can do much better than I showed back then.

Previously, you received your first career loss as a professional against Michael Sprott in December 2012. Is this memory out of your head?

Who is Sprott? Seriously, I was a bit arrogant going into that fight, thinking, ‘you will beat this guy hands down’. I had already floored him in Septemer 2012. If the referee had waved off our first meeting, I would have knocked Sprott out conclusively. Therefore, it ended controversially and we had the rematch in December. I will never ever do such a mistake again and underestimate an opponent.

What are your thoughts on the person that is Dereck Chisora?

When people start talking about Chisora, they are first thinking about a madman who slapped Vitali Klitschko and spit in his brother Wladimir’s face. A big part of what he does before a fight is just hyping up the event and he is good at it. Although, he should not try to do those things to me as I would not react as calm as the Klitschkos did. From a sportingly point of view, he lives up to his ballyhoo, already having challenged for a world championship. Therefore, he will be my biggest test to date.

What are Chisora’s strengths and how can you negate them?

Chisora only knows one gear. He is moving forward as he tries to pressure his opponent from the get-go. You have to handle those tactics. The key to win against such a style is simple: impress him with your punching power and looseness. Over the rounds, he then will run out of ideas. And when he starts risking too much, I will knock his lights out.

This will be your first chance to win the European Championship. Do you feel ready for it?

I feel more than ready and want to take the next step in my career. That is the chance I have been waiting for. Now it is time to take this big opportunity. My whole team is confident that I will beat Chisora. I do not want to disappoint them as well as the boxing fans.

Your match-up with Chisora is going to take place in his home country of England. Do you already feel nervous about facing a partisan crowd?

I would be lying to myself if I said that I am not nervous at all. When I walk towards the ring, my tension will be the highest. Afterwards it is just him and me inside the squared circle. I basically take no notice of the crowd during a fight. Therefore, the fans at the Copper Box Arena can boo me as loud as they can. When I lift the belt afterwards, they will be stock-still. I have absolutely no doubt about my victory.

I'm looking forward to Edmund Gerber's fight tomorrow against Negro UK-based Dereck Chisora. With the fight being in the UK, Edmund will likely need a KO to win the fight (or, put in a very dominant beating). You can obviously expect that the judging will favour Chisora somewhat.

Chisora is rightfully the betting favourite and that is largely because he has faced strong opposition and managed to competitively lose or in some cases win.

It's a tough fight for Gerber to take, but if he pulls off the win it will be a tremendous result. Ive seen many of Gerber's fights, he does have power, and hopefully he can put it all together for a KO win tomorrow.

Gerber is certainly a "live opponent" and Id give him a decent chance at pulling the upset. I'll be rooting for him!

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Gerber is the fifth ranked heavyweight in Germany, but he was born in Khazakstan. The four ranked above him are also white, but they are not German. They are Ukrainian, Lebanese, Romanian, and Turkish. That is what the Zionist Occupational Government is doing to Germany - very quickly making Germans a minority in their own country. They are doing the same to most of the white western nations, much worse actually. Just look at the Englishman he's fighting. And if that cannibal from the African jungle is an Englishman I'm King Henry the Eighth!

To be fair, Gerber does look Aryan so his ancestry may well be Germanic.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Gerber is the fifth ranked heavyweight in Germany, but he was born in Khazakstan. The four ranked above him are also white, but they are not German. They are Ukrainian, Lebanese, Romanian, and Turkish. That is what the Zionist Occupational Government is doing to Germany - very quickly making Germans a minority in their own country. They are doing the same to most of the white western nations, much worse actually. Just look at the Englishman he's fighting. And if that cannibal from the African jungle is an Englishman I'm King Henry the Eighth!

To be fair, Gerber does look Aryan so his ancestry may well be Germanic.
He could be an ethnic German from Kazakhstan. Stalin forced many out to this part of the Soviet Union for "disloyalty" during WWII. But many foreign boxers have assimilated their names. Felix Sturm did this and so did Robert Stieglizt. Ps without foreign fighters German boxing would be dead. Why would a country with generous benefits like Germany have many youth who are athletic try this sport with the potential dangers to ones health. The typical German who takes up boxing and rises to fringe world class level or better is usually a street fighter type who was heading to the crow bar motel. Ie Rocky or Mario Scheisser.

amoeba man

Guru
Yes Gerber is most likely an ethnic German as he has a German name and looks German.Chisora will be a big step up for him but its a fight he can definately win.Refering as that article does to Chisora as English is preposterous.He wasnt even born in England.Even a guy like Tyson Fury who's white and born in England wouldnt class himself as Enfglish though he see's himself as British .Many Liverpoodlians like' the Beatles' band members aswell as Mancs wouldnt refer to themselves as English either as the English are a specific ethnic group.Big difference between British and English.They now refer to black 'bongo bongo' men as 'Swedes'.Just the NWO attempt to destroy the cultual,tribal and ethnic identity and belonging of European people.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
The extent of Chisora's criminal background has been covered up by the UK's controlled media. I had a link to a Zimbabwean (Rhodesia) newspaper which was entitled "Chisora - Top Zim-born boxer was a robber" which described his many violent crimes, but it no longer works. You had to go to "Zimbabwe" news to find out about it! If Britain had a real British government he'd be deported back to Africa, but of course they don't.

I don't think I've ever seen Gerber fight. Is he good?

Last edited:

The Hock

Master
I've watched him a little on YouTube, and I would compare Berber to a Franz Botha or Ruslan Chageav type heavy. He's a bit lumbering. But good basic boxing awareness and can move the other guy with his punches.

If his chin can get him into the second half of the fight he might do some damage on Chisora.

Just saw the fight, it ended in a 5th round TKO win for Chisora.

I thought Chisora won rounds 1 to 3. I thought Gerber won round 4, as Gerber landed some smashing right hands (and btw, Dereck has a good chin to have taken those, wow). Then in the 5th round Chisora was mauling him in the corner when it was stopped by the referee.

From my point of view it didn't seem like Gerber was very hurt and it seemed like maybe the fight could have carried on and the referee stopped the fight too early. However, he didn't protest the stoppage so maybe that's a sign it was a good stoppage. Debatable.

I would have liked to see Gerber throw more punches. That's basically what cost him the fight. Dereck was throwing 60+ punches a round and Gerber was only throwing maybe 30 or so. Dereck outworked him.

All in all, not the biggest fight for either guy... Would have been nice to see Gerber win, but as I said before the fight, he was the underdog and it would have taken something special for him to win.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
It was a quick stoppage, Chisora was hurt worse in round 4 than Gerber was when the fight was stopped. Sauerland isn't happy about it:

https://twitter.com/SauerlandBros

That's the second shady stoppage in a row favoring Dereck Chisora. Malik Scott was counted out even though he was up and ready by the count of nine and he wasn't seriously hurt.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Gerber just KOed his opponent Vincente Sandez in round 2.

Nice comeback performance after that early referee stoppage loss to Chisora.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Gerber's fight is here along with several other fights:

[video=youtube;AEkp7lQKs_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AEkp7lQKs_I[/video]