Edmund Gerber

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Edmund Gerber (17-0, age 23) is one of my favorite young heavyweights.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=426451&cat=boxer

He's stepping up on Dec 3 to fight Michael Sprott, a very good journeyman who works as one of Wladimir Klitschko's sparring partners.

Alexander Dimitrenko had a very difficult fight with Sprott, who seems to have improved since he started working for Wlad.

So Sprott is a very good test for Gerber.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Today, Edmund Gerber knocked out journeyman Marcus McGee a few seconds into round one.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Gerber will be facing veteran Ukrainian heavyweight Oleksiy Mazikin on the Huck-Povetkin Sauerland card.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Gerber (19-0) wins by TKO. He hurt his opponent with a body punch that he couldn't recover from.

Edmund Gerber is looking nothing short of sensational at this stage in his career. Definitely a guy to keep an eye on and I like that he has a nice amateur background. Some nice KO`s and finishing touches as well.

Great result from Edmund Gerber!

Blue Devils

Mentor
Harris-Gerber on May 5th

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/harris-gerber-on-may-5th-109682

Moments ago a deal was finalized for IBF #6 world ranked Maurice “Sugar Moâ€￾ Harris (25-15-2, 11 KOs) to face unbeaten German Edmund Gerber (19-0, 13 KOs). The bout will take place May 5th in Erfurt, Germany and is scheduled for eight rounds. The fight will be a major step up in competition for Gerber who has yet to face a world ranked fighter. A win for Harris would give him a solid chance to move up further in the IBF rankings in pursuit of his goal to challenge for the world title. Sauerland Events will promote.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Two interesting HW fights on Saturday, Gerber-Harris and Dimitrenko-Pulev.

:boxing:

Yes, definitely. The American negro Harris is a step up for Gerber, and Dimitrenko-Pulev is a very interesting matchup. That could be a war.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Any idea about streams and when time these fights start US time?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
UK commentator John Rawlings is extremely biased against fighters from Eastern Europe. When he calls a fight involving a Klitschko, he is extremely negative toward them.

He was misleading the people watching today. Gerber was landing some good punches, but he and the negro Duke MacKenzie never gave Gerber the slightest credit, while showing his love for the African-American throughout the fight. Typical of Rawlings - he's a huge fan of Muhammed Ali.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
UK commentator John Rawlings is extremely biased against fighters from Eastern Europe. When he calls a fight involving a Klitschko, he is extremely negative toward them.

He was misleading the people watching today. Gerber was landing some good punches, but he and the negro Duke MacKenzie never gave Gerber the slightest credit, while showing his love for the African-American throughout the fight. Typical of Rawlings - he's a huge fan of Muhammed Ali.

Dempsey, you are the best poster in the boxing forum, hands down! Gerber lost. I was upset myself at the result.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
A lot of people saw it the same as yourself.

I always want our guys to win, and if the fight is close I'll always give our guys the benefit of the doubt, but blatant robberies. This fight and the Valuev-Holyfield fight are two that come to mind in which blacks were robbed. That being said, I've seen many more whites get robbed. I guess it all cancels out in the end.

The Adamek fight comes to mind. The racist black judge Rashada scored the fight for Cunningham despite Adamek knocking him down three separate times. One more black judge and Adamek would have been robbed blindly.

white is right

Hall of Famer

Many times when the betting favorite underperforms announcers let their biases for the way the fight "should go" get involved in the way they call the fight. That said from all of the sources I read Harris won this fight. Anyway Harris with 16 losses knew that he would have to beat an undefeated prospect pillar to post to get a W. It's not like Harris was in line for an eliminator or a title shot,err he got that 6 months ago.....:thumbdown:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Gerber fights American veteran Darnell Wilson today.

Edit: Gerber wins a wide decision over Wilson.

A

azis07

Edmund Gerber (17-0, age 23) is one of my favorite young heavyweights.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=426451&cat=boxer

He's stepping up on Dec 3 to fight Michael Sprott, a very good journeyman who works as one of Wladimir Klitschko's sparring partners.

Alexander Dimitrenko had a very difficult fight with Sprott, who seems to have improved since he started working for Wlad.

So Sprott is a very good test for Gerber.

this my favorite too..