Eagles v Falcons FIGHT

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
There was a fight between Jeremiah Trotter of the Eagles and Kevin Mathis of the Falcons during pre-game warmups for tonight's game.

The fight itself didn't look like much, the two were yanking each other around by their helmets. They were both ejected, and will not play in the game tonight.

What interested me though, was a second brouhaha in the center of the field moments later. Have you ever seen a Discovery channel show about Africa, where the men dance and jump around to mentally prepare for a hunt or something? The entire middle of the field was covered by black players from both teams jumping up and down, like they were on pogo sticks or something. Straight up and down, in one place. I could almost here them chanting "unga bunga unga bunga unga BUNGA!"
smiley36.gif

White_Savage

Mentor
White Shogun said:
What interested me though, was a second brouhaha in the center of the field moments later. Have you ever seen a Discovery channel show about Africa, where the men dance and jump around to mentally prepare for a hunt or something? The entire middle of the field was covered by black players from both teams jumping up and down, like they were on pogo sticks or something. Straight up and down, in one place. I could almost here them chanting "unga bunga unga bunga unga BUNGA!"
smiley36.gif

Can't resist mentioning this...When you read Irish sagas or Roman accountants of their Northern "barbarian" foes, you find evidence of similar practices of war dances, even men driving to and fro before the lines in their chariots, running out on the yoke onto the horses back and back into the car while brandishiing and juggling weaponss

Kaptain

Master
All I've seen are turnovers in this game. Both QBs stink. Madden just said that Vick is most comfortable with Brian Finneran - then why not start him?

G

my qbs were awful....5 fumbles,1td, 2ints, between the 2 of them....not good.. they'll get it together, at least my boy donavin will.
smiley2.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
When McNabb was hurt in the first half, who warmed up to come in -- not Mike McMahon but Koy Detmer.

It's not like McMahon is some raw rookie. This is his fifth year in the NFL. He should be starting for somebody, not languishing as the third stringer behind the likes of Detmer. Ridiculous.

GWTJ

Mentor
Don, if the Eagles played McMahon he would become a fan favorite in about one quarter and a QB controversy would develop. Better to be a weaker team with McNabb than to bench a black QB and start trouble. That's why theywill never play McMahon even if McNabb gets hurt.

Also, did you notice not one negative word last night about the lack of accuracy from both QB's. I heard mention about recievers busting their routes and good defenses but not a word about all those balls sailing out of bounds or thrown to nowhere. It felt like the story of the Emperor's clothing. Horrible quarterbacking but nobody saying a word about it.

One last thing, when I watched Vick on Sunday Night Football in the preseason, Joe Theisman and his partner gushed about him all night long causing me to upchuck several times. With another black QB on the field last night the gushing over Vick was kept to a minimum. Wouldn't want to offend McNabb. It was a nice break.

Vick was atrocious last night. He repeatedly missed wide-open
receivers on ridiculously short throws. It was like watching a
one-eyed, one-armed man hunt with a shotgun. He even managed to
fire wildly to his favorite receiver, Alge Crumpler, who stands a
diminutive 6'5", with arms as long as telephone poles. How could
a "Pro Bowl caliber" QB miss those throws?

Madden and Michaels were gushing profusely about Vick's running
ability, but which would you rather have: a quarterback that runs for
80 yards or throws for 250? I think you've seen the best Michael
Vick has to offer. Unfortunately, the Falcons have 10 years and
$100 million invested in him. There goes the franchise!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Ya'll are right. Those guys stunk it up last night. Neither of them could do anything. Vick throwing incompletions like a broken record. What a joke! Both of these teams should be starting their backups. Vick will never win a championship, he's too innacurate. He would do better throwing to Finneran, because he should be starting, but Vick is a huge hype and a waste in my opinion.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Iread that Vick is beginning to get comfortable with the West Coastoffense.Is that what they were running last night? They had better simplify the scheme before heblows all the fuses in his brain.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
"The Herd" on ESPN radio was at it again this morning. This idiot Vick nuthugger couldn't say enough good things about Vick. "All he does is win games." He once again compared Vick to Peyton Manning, and said at least Vick has won in the big games. I'm not sure what game he was referring to of course, because Peyton has won plenty - except against the Patriots.
smiley17.gif

He said that if Carson Palmer, Kyle Boller, or any of a number of other NFL quarterbacks were starting for the Falcons last night, they would have lost the game. Of course, I'd beg to differ but calling the show is out of the question. The Eagles only scored 10 points; thats usually enough for any team with even a mediocre offense to win a game. More credit should be give to the Falcons DEFENSE than to Vick himself, not to mention McNabb's contribution to the Falcon's win with his poor performance.

One good thing I noticed though, is that the majority of the callers who get through can't stand Michael Vick and insist, along with us on this board, that he isn't worth a damn as a quarterback. One caller even said, "Vick isn't a good quarterback, no matter how much you guys at ESPN try to ram him down our throats."
smiley36.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun, not being familiar with the HERD,I surfed over to ESPN radio to check it out. You're right, this Cowhead fella is pathetic. Bold letters were in article.

Tuesday's show in review
After he led the Falcons over the Eagles last night, Colin felt he'd earned the right to gloat about how much he loves Michael Vick. Here's the thing with Michael Vick, if you look at passer rating, he's the second worst quarterback in the league after Week 1. What most people can't look past are those statistics because they're so caught up in their goofy fantasy league. What makes Vick so dangerous is immeasurable. There is no stat for the pressure he puts on your linebackers to not drop as deeply into coverage or for how he makes your defensive ends more tentative in their rush. With Vick, you have to look beyond the numbers to see his greatness.

surfsider

Guru
That is a really lame defense of a 55.7 passer rating. His rushing per attempt avg. is 6.2 and his ydge. per pass attempt is 6.8. The story of last night's game was the Falcon's defense and missed field goals.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
missed field goals.

Good point. The most accurate kicker in NFL history, after Mike Vanderjagt, missed three field goals. Otherwise, the score would have been 19-14, Eagles win, and we'd be talking about how great McNabb is instead of Michael Vick.
smiley36.gif

You guys mean Vick isn't the "... most dangerous player in the NFL" like
Madden said during the game? He and McNabb threw so many terrible
passes because of... awful wind conditions or something, right? The game
was exhibit A as to why these guys are the most overrated QBs in history.
Good point on Detmer, Don and GWTJ.

G

they just had a bad game..give vick some time to develope his passing skillls and he WILLbe unstopable. And i know alot of white QB's who are "athletic" dont get a chance to play QB in the NFL because they get moved to reciever. one from Nebraska a few years back comes to mind, but i forgot his name... i would have loved to see him play qb in the nfl.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
While I know you think that Vick is Superman,I believe that you are 100% wrong.Vick is a tremendous athlete but a horrible quarterback.Even his brother is a better qb than Michael is.Don't believe the hype.Vick is the most over rated qb in a long time.It's like in B-ball.I think that Carmello is a better all around player than Lebron,but the media has made Lebron the chosen one.His team didn't even make the playoffs last year.It is the same with Vick.He is lucky though that they have one of the top 5 defenses in all of football and that is why they win.Culpepper is 1000 times the qb that Vick is.What a joke!!Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Who would you rather have on your team,P.Manning,T.Brady or M.Vick?Hmmmm.Let me think that over.LMAO!!

G

thye have better recievers... but i admitt they are better conventional quarterbacks. ask me again in a few more years though and my answer will probably be vick.

White_Savage

Mentor
blackmun said:
thye have better recievers... but i admitt they are better conventional quarterbacks. ask me again in a few more years though and my answer will probably be vick.

Y'all just don't produce very many good QBs. Just look at the Olympics...the "hotspot" for producing humans with the genetics to throw objects really far is Eurasia. If the talent was there, the money-making machine that is the NFL would have played them.