Drew Bennett

kevin

Guru
so according to iso because champ baily dominated bennett then bennett is not good. I guess then because adam archulata dominated Terrell owens, The owens must suck too.

iso420

caste_System87 said:
Listen i dont know why ISO420 is on this site if hes trying to say that McNair is double the QB that Volek is. Hey Bro seek some help maybe from the Black Panthers ok to help your bias ass. This site is for the white guys that are being screwed over in the NFL and other sports and all you are doing is proving our point that good white NFL players are being looked over by the media and others bias ******** in the sports world. Volek played at a pro bowl level last year and yeah McNair was and i say was a good QB sometime ago but his time has passed. Deal With It

If you hadn't figured it out by now, I'M BLACK. That is why I think its funny how all of you bitch about white athletes being treated as if they were invisible. I'm not gonna lie it would be nice to see a white RB in the NFL,considering I've never seen one in my lifetime.I'm gonna tell all of you how it is and how it will always be. Black athletes will be chosen over whites. Why are all of you mad when the executives hyping and picking the black athletes are mostly white. Deal With ItEdited by: iso420

iso420

I'm not trying to be hostile, but I would really like to know how many of you are actually athletes? Or were athletes?And can run a 4.5 forty?I'm not talking about golf or water polo either.

G

hey iso 420. i am new to this website as well. I think what you have just done is pathetic. i personally speaking for myself do not mind that you are black and a member of this website, that is if you were more than just a bomb thrower with no real intellectual curiousity about what this website is all about. your statement" black athletes will always be chosen over whites", not true and clearly a racist comment. so i guess there are no whites faster than blacks(jeremy wariner) none than jump higher(stephan holm, jonathen edwards high jump and long jump champions), none than can fight(klitchko brothers) and so on. i do not always agree with everything said on this website but it exists for a reason. pay attention, be intellectually honest, look up old posts if you are capable of it,being reasonable and not just a bomb thrower. i would like to think we could possibly have black members of this site if we could get the ones who actually care about fairness and all types of discrimination and prejudice. you apparantly are not that one.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
iso420 said:
If you hadn't figured it out by now, I'M BLACK. That is why I think its funny how all of you bitch about white athletes being treated as if they were invisible. I'm not gonna lie it would be nice to see a white RB in the NFL,considering I've never seen one in my lifetime.I'm gonna tell all of you how it is and how it will always be. Black athletes will be chosen over whites. Why are all of you mad when the executives hyping and picking the black athletes are mostly white. Deal With It

The comment about the executives being white is correct. And by extension I would imagine that your argument is the standard one that because most of the very powerful peoplein this country are white how could there possibly be any kind of discrimination or stereotyping against whites in any area of American life, especially sports?

This country has always been run by whites at the top. But that doesn't mean that they run the country on behalf of middle class and working class whites. If they did, then why is the U.S. being flooded with tens of millions of non-white immigrants? Why the fanatical push toward multiculturalism, including the promotion of the hip hop lifestyle? Why do we have affirmative action? Why are whites freely mocked in commercials and on television shows and movies? Why is racial pride encouraged in all non-white communities and the grievances of organized minority pressure groups always given widespread, sympathetic media coverage, while white pride is the number one evil? Haven't things changed considerably in this country in the past 40+ years even though whites are still in charge at the top and couldn't some of those changes that affect whites in a negative way also bepossible in sports? Or are you saying that nothing has changed since the Jim Crow era?

The reality is that the ruling class holds power through the time-honored method of"divide and conquer," playing the large collection of different races, religions and economic classes in America against each other. Even men and women are played against each other, in fact that is probably the system's strongest weapon of all in recent years. We're not saying that blacks are responsible for the Caste System; whites are. If you would open your mind you would also realize that we don't believe that this occurs because the elites like blacks better than whites -- they have contempt for us all.

The entire sum of your arguments so far is that Billy Volek sucks, blacks are better athletes than whites, none of us posting here can run a 4.5 40 and thus aren't qualified to post, and we just have to "deal with" the status quo. Uh, no we don't, and we don't have to "deal with" you either. Being black here confers on you no preferential treatment, nor any disadvantageous treatment. You are here as an opponent, and the rule in that caseis enforced the same for everyone. From CF's posting guidelines: "If you're here to argue with us, do so intelligently and rationally if you don't wantyour postsdeleted."

So far your posts are woefully lacking. If that's the best you can do, then your stay here will be a short one.Edited by: Don Wassall

surfsider

Guru
Considering that McNair's lifetime completion percentage is 59.3 and his lifetime QB rating is 83.4 wouldn't it be stupid to compare Volek''s stats to his? Or would it? Volek's completion percentage is 61% and his QB rating is 88.8 These numbers would call into question the notion that McNair is 10 times better than Volek and better at 50% than Volek at 100%.

The inanity of the "and can run a 4.5 forty" comment speaks for itself.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
iso420 said:
I'm not trying to be hostile, but I would
really like to know how many of you are actually athletes? Or were
athletes?And can run a 4.5 forty?I'm not talking about golf
or water polo either.

Does this mean that you can run a 4.5 forty? And if you can, does that
make you more qualified to post or make comments about athletes or
sports in general than anyone else?

Using your logic, the white men who coach, scout for and own
professional sports teams wouldn't be qualified to make a judgement
about athletes, either. Like you said, black athletes are chosen
over whites all the time...

So come to think of it, maybe you're right....
smiley36.gif

p.s. I take it by your comments you don't think much of Tiger
Woods, either, since you aren't talking about "golf or water
polo." Have you ever played golf or water polo? If not, how do
you qualify to comment on whether or not these sports are athletic in
nature or not? Not trying to be hostile or anything....

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I think iso240 has done alright with his posts. He's just signed on so he probably doesn't know the culture here. "Volek sucks" is pretty much standard sports message board banter, a lot of people would agree with him (not me). Also iso240 has not used KKK or Nazi yet which is refreshing and has not called anybody names. Heck he wants to see a white running back, so do we all!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I see some of what he said to have some truth to it while
others things were quite comical.For one,I did run a 4.48
in the 40.I used to be a sprinter and I also played wide
receiver on the football team,plus baseball.Big deal.That
doesn't make me any more qualified to post than anyone
else here.We are not here to argue about our 40 times
or verticals.We are here to point out how many Matt Jones
types are out there.Do you realize that out of 8 guys in
the McDonalds Nat'l Dunk Contest,3 of the were white
guys.Oh but they must be playing water polo or something.
I thing you should stick to playing checkers before you
start to call out people.We do not point out anything
here other than the truth.Whites are just as good as
blacks.We are not better but neither are you.Don't get
caught up in the stereotypes or you might just get
dunked on!!

JD074

Master
Why are all of you mad when the executives hyping and
picking the black athletes are mostly white.

The fact that they're white doesn't make it better, if anything it
makes it worse. I could understand blacks trying to undermine
white athletes. It's in their best interest to eliminate the
competition. The fact that we're doing this to ourselves is what
makes it so tragic.

Bart

Hall of Famer
iso420 said:
I'm not trying to be hostile, but I would really like to know how many of you are actually athletes? Or were athletes?And can run a 4.5 forty?I'm not talking about golf or water polo either.

Actually iso420, I have always been quite athletic.and good at several sports. But no, I couldn't run a 4.5 forty, so what? Only those who can clock a 4.5 are qualified toventure opinions? How stupid is that?

Hey i dont consider myself a very athletic person. I dont have great size because im only 5'9" and about 175. I am a fast person but im no 4.5. I might be a 4.7 or 4.8 but that would be the best. Hey iso420 we can talk all we wont about spots because what it this we are on right now? Yep its a discussion forum so its here for us to tell what we think about a sport or person. Also i would like to add if you disagree with what this site is saying then just go find another site man. Edited by: caste_System87

Bear-Arms

Mentor
It's nice how you put down a sport like water polo because there is no blacks in it. So can you swim 100 free in less than a minute? Come on lets just keep on the topic at hand and that is Drew Bennett.

I agree. It's obvious this clown isn't here to argue intelligently, if he's even capable of such a feat. If we ever want to race someone in the 40 we know who to contact, but in the meantime I'm more interested in how Bennett is going to do this season!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
iso420, just how fast are you? Can you run the litmus test 40 in 4.5 or less? and what does speed have to do with the ability to make a coherant argument. I played football for all 4 years that I went to a school with a football program, basketball for 1, and at 5-6 that is no small feat, plus I have been around sports my entire life, what makes your opinion better informed than mine or anyone elses on this site? Seems to me you suffer from a bad case of arrogance.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He needs to go take his dumb comments else where.I don't
know where he gets his logic from and I don't care.We
need to get back to Bennett and how he has a chance to
lead the nfl in receiving this fall.This is a definite
possiblity.He is tall,fast and has excellent hands.
Hopefully with a healthy McNair,they can get him the
ball and just watch him run after the catch.It amazes
me how far he has come in such a short amount of time.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I could have posted this under the NFL Draft thread or under our Matt Jones thread, but I'll post it here to get us back in the right direction again. The newest Sporting News has a mock draft forall seven rounds. They have Matt Jones going to Pittsburgh with the 30th pick of the 1st round, but here is what they write about the Titans:

"The team wouldn't mind trading its first round pick (sixth overall) to get an extra pick. It doesn't want to have to reach for a player at a need position -- cornerback, wideout and offensive tackle -- and GM Floyd Reese never can seem to get enough picks. Arkansas' Matt Jones intrigues the club. He's projected to play wide receiver in the NFL after playing quarterback in college, so he's something of an unknown. But the Titans think he's special and want to grab him before another team does. The question is: Will he be available when they pick in the second round?"

Very, veryinteresting. Apparently the Titans don't fear teaming Matt Jones with Drew Bennett. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It sure would Don. I'd love to see that combo. Talk about excitement, that would get fans wearing some jerseys big time. I hope Matt goes in the first, in a fair world, he would.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I would love to see him on either team.Him and Bennett
would be incredible.The Steelers would also be neat
because I have been a fan of them since the 70's super
bowl teams.I wonder if Bill would play him.We know he
hasn't been friendly with others like Danny Farmer.
Either way,I want him to go to a good team where he can
start.He is too good to sit on the bench.Go Jones!

G

i would love to see my favorite team the dallas cowboys draft matt jones with one of their two first round draft picks. the owner jerry jones graduated from the university of arkansas and so maybe there is a chance there. thet may consider jones a jay novacek hybrid with more speed and since they already have all-pro jason witten at t.e., he could play wide receiver.

speedster

Mentor
Glad to see a fellow Cow fan on this board,aragorn777.I would freak if the Cow picked Matt Jones,but only as a wideout,since both Keyshawn and Terry Glenn or coming off injury plagued seasons and are past their primes,coupled with the fact that the Cow already have Witten and the returning Dan Campbell at TE,having Jones at WR would be a good fit.Although I think the Cow will go after a Linebacker,since they may be moving to a 3-4 defence and they need a pass-rushing DE.There is some talk they could go after David Pollack.As far as iso420 goes,I hope he doesn't get the boot,I want to hear conflicting opinions,it keeps things interesting.Don's post for iso was far too intelligent and far too long,the guy won't understand it and probably stopped reading after the first paragraph.So keep your post's productive iso boy.

Highwayman

Don Wassall said:
Actually, believe it or not, Michaels compared Bennett not to Don Maynard but to Don Hutson, a Hall of Famer who played from 1935-'45! He went back 70 years for his comparison.

You never know, Al Michaels is one of the savviest sportscasters out there. Perhaps he realized that comparing someone to Don Hutson is the highest compliment you could pay. He was the fastest (9.9 hundred yard dash) and quickest guy of his time by far, he used to catch rattlesnakes with his bare hands.

He is by far the most dominant reciever of all time, there's no one even close; he led the league in catches, yards and touchdowns virtually every year he was in the league.

Being compared to Don Hutson is like being compared to Babe Ruth. Literally.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Highwayman said:
Don Wassall said:
Actually, believe it or not,
Michaels compared Bennett not to Don Maynard but to Don Hutson, a Hall
of Famer who played from 1935-'45! He went back 70 years for his
comparison.

You never know, Al Michaels is one of the savviest sportscasters
out there. Perhaps he realized that comparing someone to Don Hutson is
the highest compliment you could pay. He was the fastest (9.9 hundred
yard dash) and quickest guy of his time by far, he used to catch
rattlesnakes with his bare hands.

He is by far the most dominant reciever of all time, there's no one
even close; he led the league in catches, yards and touchdowns
virtually every year he was in the league.

Being compared to Don Hutson is like being compared to Babe Ruth. Literally.

Thanks for that bit of info, Highwayman. I had never heard of Hutson
and would agree with others here that Michaels could have found someone
more modern and timely with whom to compare Bennett in his praise. But
after what you've pointed out, I'd say that was damn fine praise.

Too bad 99% of America will ask, "Who the hell is Don Hutson?"
smiley5.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
White shogun said-Too bad 99% of America will ask, "Who the hell is Don Hutson?"

A good point. I know about Hutson, but I doubt very many regular sports fans do. I would have to say I'm neutral as to whether it was a compliment or not.