Drew Bennett

Kaptain

Master
Prediction: he will still be listed on the titans depth chart as No. 2. Has any number #2 reciever come close to bennett? Reggie Wayne - any others?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'll bet your prediction turns out to be right, KP. And don't be surprised if there are more than a few pundits and fans who will actually proclaim Tyrone Calico to be Tennessee's number two receiver going into the '05 season. After all, that's all Bennett was supposed to be doing this year, keeping a seat warm for him.

JD074

Master
Bennett played in 15 games; he missed the game against
Cincy in week 8. I believe he hurt his ribs against Miami in the
season opener, and may not have played the entire game (he
had three rec. for 15 yds). Even if he had played against the
Bengals, unless he had nine receptions or more, he still
would've been under the 89-95 receptions that the top six WRs
had this season. (He would've needed 22 to catch Gonzalez!)
I'm not going to speculate whether it was him not getting open
or the QB/ offensive coordinator not getting him the ball. It was
probably a combination of both.

kevin

Guru
i believe drew bennett is a free agent this year. i wouldn't be surprises if he didn't return next season. SD Chargers could use a player like him. i think mccardell is over rated an brees is a very accurate passer. this would bethe perfect plae for him to finally become a number 1 receiver.

Kaptain

Master
Sorry JD, I will speculate.As the number 2 Wr on a bad team Drew Bennett's accomplishments this year were outstanding. It even says more about him when he got the yards he did in with so little plays designed for him. The name of the game is yardage and Bennett was at the very top. I will speculate and say that it definelty was him not getting his number called and McNnair being the QB 1/2 of the season. He was getting open period. He had the most yardage of any #2 reciever and 200 yards away from being the best in the NFL - thats one game for him. Amazing that the media wanting him benched in the early going of the season. If things go wrong - blame whitey. Will he ever be considered the Number 1 reciever? I bet not.

IceSpeed

Guru
I do not believe in #1,2,3 receivers. If they are all out on the
field, the quarterback should throw to the one that is open. That is
what makes the Patriots and the Colts so good on offense.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone probably already knows that Steve McNair's made it official that he's returning for the '05 season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2032977

We'll have to see how this affects Bennett's production. Frank Wychek was always McNair's favorite target and he certainly has never seemed to have a problem throwing to Bennett. The question is whether his passing ability is anywhere near that of Billy Volek's, who was hitting Bennett all over the field. Bennett's the clear number one receiver and McNair has to be able to utilize Drew's immense talent, otherwise it's going to be a very long season for the Tennessee offense because McNair, asa "much respected" black quarterback is never going to be benched.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I couldn't agree more.He is a descent qb but I would have
to say that he is on the down side of his career.How will
his back,shoulder and arm hold up over the season.McNair
has to get the ball to Bennett.Anyone can see that he
has unbelieveable talent!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well shoot! I didn't know that Don. Your right, we'll have to see what happens with Drew next year.

speedster

Mentor
Throwing to a TE is a little different than throwing to a WR.Patterns run by TE's are generally shorter and a TE is looked at sometimes as being a safety valve.A QB has to feel confident that his wideout can go get that ball on the fly pattern and the confidence really has to be there when thowing the timeing patterns,if the wideout keeps getting bumped at the line of scrimmage and can't get to where he's supposed to be,there's problems.Drew is a big guy,bigger than most corners,so there shouldn't be any problems in the physical department and Drew can really go after the deep ball.I'd like to think that the confidence between McNair and Bennett has been,or will be established.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
From what we've seen in the past, i'm not sure how great the confidence between them is. It should be there, but McNair used to throw to his other receivers more. Now, maybe, he will give Drew a respectable amount of throws. He should, but we know how little that means when your talking about a white guy getting treated fairly in the Caste System NFL.

Derrick Mason was McNair's main man the past two seasons, finishing both in the top five in the league in receptions. But with the number two receiver this year being Tyrone Calico, who is very "raw" as the racial euphemism goes and also injury prone, McNair will have to look for Bennett, as he should. Bennett has a world of talent.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mason is now a Baltimore Raven.He was released by the
Titans and signed a 5 year contract.So this should mean
that Bennett is without a doubt the number one receiver!
If McNair doesn't pass to Bennett around 15 times a
game,he should have his head examined!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The latest Scouts Inc. mock draft has WR Mike Williams going fifth in the first round to Tennessee. Williams is shorter and much slower than Matt Jones. Here's the description from Scouts Inc. See how fast you can find the obligatory negative reference to Drew Bennett, who only came close to leading the AFC in receiving yardage last year:
<DIV =sub>6. Tennessee Titans (5-11)
Mike Williams* | WR | USC
The latest word out of Tennessee is that the Titans are working on a deal that would return DC Andre Dyson to the team. If that's the case, with Andre Woolfolk already in-house, the Titans' interests at No. 6 would shift. The team is looking long and hard at the top two quarterbacks -- Smith and Rodgers -- should one of them slip out of the top five. The Titans could also get a lot of trade offers while they're on the clock, but if they stay at No. 6 the best available athlete at a position of need in this scenario is Williams. Tyrone Calico and Drew Bennett are the only two legitimate wide receivers on the team's roster and Williams would immediately become its best player at the position. He doesn't have elite speed but he's faster than Keyshawn Johnson and he projects as much more of a vertical weapon than Johnson has been in the NFL.
<DIV =sub>
<DIV =sub>_________
<DIV =sub>
<DIV =sub>The Caste System propaganda won't relent for even a second.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
All the Chicago Bear fan's are in love with Mike Williams. I don't get it really he didn't even play last season how can he be rated so high? Everyone who read's these mocks just jump on the bandwagon that they're the next big thing. Some of the fans probably never seen any of these guys play. I'm not sure how you can say Mike Williams is better than a Drew Bennett before he has any NFL experience. Chicago has the 4th pick by the way, and I hope they don't waste it on Mike Williams because he's gonna be a bust.

Whoever gets Matt Jones I pray that they use him, and don't make him a product of the caste system.

iso420

JD074 said:
And what about Volek, who was an undrafted rookie
and supposedly had too weak of an arm to be an
NFL quarterback, but has been toasting teams with
the long pass! Once again, a white reserve is
upstaging a black QB; in this case, the reigning
co-MVP- and the best black QB in the game!

Bottom line Volek sucks, he picked apart horrible defenses. McNair is 10 times better than Volek is, McNair is better at 50% than Volek at 100%.The Titans were just bad with Volek playing QB, and will continue to be bad if he is their future.

iso420

Colonel_Reb said:
From what we've seen in the past, i'm not sure how great the confidence between them is. It should be there, but McNair used to throw to his other receivers more. Now, maybe, he will give Drew a respectable amount of throws. He should, but we know how little that means when your talking about a white guy getting treated fairly in the Caste System NFL.

Drew Bennett did get hot late in the season, and has the ability to be a damn good reciever, but as I recall he had some trouble playing against an overhyped CB named Champ Bailey, who was abused by a few black recievers that don't have a great deal of respect around the league. To be the best you have to beat the best.Edited by: iso420

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
"Volek sucks"? Very well thought out analysis. In 10 gamesVolek threw for 2,486 yards, or a 4,000 yard pace for a full season, and had 18 TD passes to just 10 interceptions. Not too shabby for a quarterback who had barely played before '04.

Volek had 5 40+ yard completions and 34 of over 20 yards. Drew Bennett had 8 TD catches in 3 games with Volek in there while "Air" McNair was incapable of throwing the long ball. McNair in 8 games last year had 0 40+ yard completions (that's zero for the season) and just 10 of over 20 yards. He threw just 8 TDs and had 9 interceptions and rushed for just 128 yards. Volek rushed for 50 yards. If Volek's performance as essentially a rookie "sucks," what does that make McNair?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good points Don. Volek is a whole lot better than anyone will ever give him credit for. Bennett is too. He almost led the AFC in receiving yardage. It's hard to truthfully say someone had trouble when they had a world-class, Pro-Bowl type year.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Volek could be a lot of other teams starter saying he sucks is no way truthful. Then you go on by saying Champ Bailey was abused by a few black recievers. Could it be that overall most recievers are black in this league? Saying that a few black recievers showed him up isn't that large of a feat now is it.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
In that Denver game, the Titans had absolutelyatrocious pass protection. Volek was basically left unprotected and Denver blitzed on almost every passing down. Denver was still going all out to keep their playoff hopes alive while Tennessee was playing out the string witha verybattered, makeshifto-line. Volek went from a 492 yard, 4 TD effort the week before to just 111 receiving yards against Denver. To jump all over Bennett because he didn't dominate against Champ Bailey in that game is just as ridiculous asclaiming that Volek "sucks" with nothing to back it up.Edited by: Don Wassall

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Let them meet again this season.I guarantee that Drew
will catch around 100 yards receiving with Bailey
trying to stop him.Bennett is for real and so is Volek.

Listen i dont know why ISO420 is on this site if hes trying to say that McNair is double the QB that Volek is. Hey Bro seek some help maybe from the Black Panthers ok to help your bias ass. This site is for the white guys that are being screwed over in the NFL and other sports and all you are doing is proving our point that good white NFL players are being looked over by the media and others bias ******** in the sports world. Volek played at a pro bowl level last year and yeah McNair was and i say was a good QB sometime ago but his time has passed. Deal With It

Bart

Hall of Famer
Ouch!! iso 420, you better go and put something on that.... talk about a spanking.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
The latest Scouts Inc. mock draft has WR Mike
Williams going fifth in the first round to Tennessee. Williams is
shorter and much slower than Matt Jones. Here's the description
from Scouts Inc. See how fast you can find the obligatory
negative reference to Drew Bennett, who only came close to leading the
AFC in receiving yardage last year:
<div ="sub">6. Tennessee Titans</font> (5-11)
Mike Williams</font>* | WR | USC
The
latest word out of Tennessee is that the Titans are working on a deal
that would return DC Andre Dyson to the team. If that's the case, with
Andre Woolfolk already in-house, the Titans' interests at No. 6 would
shift. The team is looking long and hard at the top two quarterbacks --
Smith and Rodgers -- should one of them slip out of the top five. The
Titans could also get a lot of trade offers while they're on the clock,
but if they stay at No. 6 the best available athlete at a position of
need in this scenario is Williams. Tyrone Calico and Drew Bennett are
the only two legitimate wide receivers on the team's roster and
Williams would immediately become its best player at the position. He
doesn't have elite speed but he's faster than Keyshawn Johnson and he
projects as much more of a vertical weapon than Johnson has been in the
NFL. </div>
<div ="sub"></div>
<div ="sub">_________</div>
<div ="sub"></div>
<div ="sub">The Caste System propaganda won't relent for even a second.</div>

Hell, it isn't just Bennett they're slamming, its Volek, too. Why else
would the Titans be considering Smith and Rodgers? And what the hell
does comparing these guys to Keyshawn Johnson have to do with anything?
Is there something missing thats on the page this passage was taken
from?? wtf? Its not like Keyshawn is some kind of elite receiver
himself either, despite what he thinks.
smiley36.gif