Draft Prospect Database

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Sewall's Pro Day numbers would make him among the fastest receivers this year and one of the best vertical jumps as well. Also Chas Gessner is another white receiver from Brown who went undrafted in 2003 but did appear in one game for Tampa Bay. He now plays in NFL Europe.

Edited by: whiteathlete33

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Surprisingly one draft site(Walterfootball) has Sewall as possibly getting drafted in round 7. I don't know about any other sites. According to NFL.com the only legit pro prospect from Brown is afflete defensive tackle David Howard whose Pro Day numbers were unimpressive.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
I don't think this kid has ever been mentioned here but he plays for Brown. His name is Bobby Sewall and ran a 4.41 and 4.43 on his Pro Day along with a 41 inch vertical!!http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

These are some incredible numbers but he's a long shot to be drafted being that he's white and plays for an Ivy League school.

i've not only mentioned him, i've also tracked his stats in the wide receivers thread.
smiley2.gif
at least i did in the 08-09 season when i had regular internet access.
smiley9.gif

Sewall is a terrific talent on a mediocre team. and the only reason he is a long shot to make the NFL is because of his skin color. plain and simple.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
more evidence of the caste system ... North Dakota State tailbackPat Paschall (who is black) is a "draftable NFL prospect" at 5-11, 211-pounds and running a 4.59 and 4.57 40 ...

meanwhile, former North Dakota State tailback Tyler Roehl (who is White) was not at 5-10, 230-pounds and running a 4.53 and 4.55.

"weird," huh?

oh, and as for college production ... you can compare their numbers here: Roehl vs. Paschall.

seems like a no-brainer that blackie gets the nod over Whitey, doesn't it?
smiley5.gif
Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Great post about Roehl vs. Paschall, Jimmy C! Great example that is hard to explain away.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I just read up on Sewall on NFLdraftscout newswire. I'm going to take NFLdraftscout's analysis and JC's input and move Sewall onto my list. I've never seen him play, so this is just really a guesstimate of where he would rank. If he were to play in the NFL, he would have a good QB throwing him the ball unlike at Brown.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
BTW, very good write up on Roehl vs. Paschall JC. EXTREMELY SIMILAR production comparing best years to best years on the SAME TEAM. Roehl carries a broader frame, is much stronger (30 benches vs. 15) and slightly faster (4.53 vs. 4.57). They have similar shuttle (agility) times- Roehl (4.20), Paschall (4.33 combine, 4.15 Pro Day). Paschall has far better agility numbers in the broad jump at 9'10" compared to 8'10" and has a much better vertical 38.5 vs. 30, but as Roehl said in an interview paraphrased "I'm just not a leaper...I do other things well."

I honestly think both Roehl and Paschall could make it in the NFL as backs who split carries- and would continue to carry on similar production! Roehl blew out his knee though in Seahawks' training camp. I'm hoping they bring him back for a shot at powerback, but don't have my hopes up in the (N)ot (F)or Whitey (L)eague

Watcher

Tough J, do you have a link to where Roehl said that?

Possible replacement for Peyton Hillis?? RB Toby Gerhart
http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/3/15/1374939/possible-replacement-for-peyton

"A day after the Denver Broncos traded fullback Peyton Hillis and draft picks to the Cleveland Browns for quarterback Brady Quinn, Scout.com has learned that the Broncos will conduct a private workout with Stanford running back Toby Gerhart in his hometown of Norco, California on Wednesday, March 24th.

In addition to his workout with the Broncos, Scout.com has also learned that Gerhart will work out for the New York Jets at Stanford University on Tuesday, March 30th.

The 6-foot, 231-pound Gerhart stormed onto the scene this past season after he had 343 carries for 1,871 yards and 27 touchdowns. Often compared to former Tampa Bay Buccaneers fullback Mike Alstott, the winner of the 2009 Doak Walker Award, Gerhart surprised scouts at the NFL Scouting Combine with his athleticism and straight line speed; he ran a 4.55 in the 40 and recorded a 38-inch vertical in Indianapolis.

Gerhart could come off the board as early as the mid-second round, and the worst-case scenario will have him falling into the third round. Going back to the Gerhart-Alstott comparison, Alstott was the 35th overall pick in 1996; Gerhart could end up going to the Broncos with the 45th overall selection this year."

Watcher

I can't edit my post, but here's a comment from the article
"I don't know if I can handle drafting Gerhart. We just saw what an average white RB did to the poeple here at MHR. I think all of the Rediculous Hillis lovers would blow a load if we drafted Gerhart."

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Watcher said:

"A day after the Denver Broncos traded fullback Peyton Hillis and draft picks to the Cleveland Browns for quarterback Brady Quinn, Scout.com has learned that the Broncos will conduct a private workout with Stanford running back Toby Gerhart in his hometown of Norco, California on Wednesday, March 24th.

In addition to his workout with the Broncos, Scout.com has also learned that Gerhart will work out for the New York Jets at Stanford University on Tuesday, March 30th.

The 6-foot, 231-pound Gerhart stormed onto the scene this past season after he had 343 carries for 1,871 yards and 27 touchdowns. Often compared to former Tampa Bay Buccaneers fullback Mike Alstott, the winner of the 2009 Doak Walker Award, Gerhart surprised scouts at the NFL Scouting Combine with his athleticism and straight line speed; he ran a 4.55 in the 40 and recorded a 38-inch vertical in Indianapolis.

Gerhart could come off the board as early as the mid-second round, and the worst-case scenario will have him falling into the third round. Going back to the Gerhart-Alstott comparison, Alstott was the 35th overall pick in 1996; Gerhart could end up going to the Broncos with the 45th overall selection this year."

He better not go to the Broncos. Eminem will use him as a battering ram with a few runs mixed in here and there.

whiteathlete33 said:
Watcher said:

He better not go to the Broncos.  Eminem will use him as a battering ram with a few runs mixed in here and there.
McHoody probably just wants to see how well he can block.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I just can't see McEminem giving Gerhart a fair opportunity if the Broncos do draft him. Either he'll be buried on the depth chart behind a few black scrubs or he'll be used as a H-back type. Hopefully he ends up somewhere else.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Watcher said:

It was on the NFLdraftscout newswire on Roehl's profile. You might have to go to the official NFLdraftscout.com site and not the CBSsports one. You might still be able to read it without paying, but I believe you have to pay for stuff going further back in the archives.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
After reading all the great work on the upcoming draft by CF members, I'm trying to be positive and hoping that we will have an increase in the number of white players picked this year.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
I just can't see McEminem giving Gerhart a fair opportunity if the Broncos do draft him.  Either he'll be buried on the depth chart behind a few black scrubs or he'll be used as a H-back type.  Hopefully he ends up somewhere else.

My God, please don't let Toby get drafted by Denver. I would rather see him in Oakland. The Raiders are close to where he played at Stanford and maybe crazy Davis will actually let him run the ball.

WHITE NOISE said:
whiteathlete33 said:
I just can't see McEminem giving Gerhart a fair opportunity if the Broncos do draft him.  Either he'll be buried on the depth chart behind a few black scrubs or he'll be used as a H-back type.  Hopefully he ends up somewhere else.

My God, please don't let Toby get drafted by Denver. I would rather see him in Oakland. The Raiders are close to where he played at Stanford and maybe crazy Davis will actually let him run the ball.

In Davis' 60s and 70s offense, Gerhart would have played FB and had thousand yard seasons.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I don't want him to go to Denver or NY. Denver has an idiot for a coach who is racist against white football players. NY just signed LT so they would have Shon Green and LT ahead of him at the very least. Neither of these teams would be a good fit for Gerhart. It could ruin his career before he even gets a chance to prove himself!

Please let him go to a team where he can start. San Diego is my number one pick but I don't care what team drafts him as long as they play him. It could be the worst team in football but if they start him, I will be a fan of that team from that day forward!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
From NFL.com:

Wide receiver Marc Mariani (6-0 7/8, 189) ran 4.48
and 4.49 in the 40, had a 36.5-inch vertical leap, 10-2 broad jump,
4.25 short shuttle, 6.84 three-cone drill and completed 11 repetitions
of 225 pounds. Mariani looked good in position drills as well.

Safety Shann Schillinger (5-11 3/4) ran 4.51 and 4.53 in the 40, had a 37-inch vertical leap, 9-11 broad jump, 4.20 short shuttle,

7.07 three-cone drill and 21 reps in the bench press.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
That's right Historian. Gerhart will be devastating with the screen pass, or pitch. I can't wait for the first time he turns the corner and runs over a superior Afrolete in his way!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
From NFL.com:

Wide receiver Marc Mariani (6-0 7/8, 189) ran 4.48 and 4.49 in the 40, had a 36.5-inch vertical leap, 10-2 broad jump, 4.25 short shuttle, 6.84 three-cone drill and completed 11 repetitions of 225 pounds. Mariani looked good in position drills as well.

Safety Shann Schillinger (5-11 3/4) ran 4.51 and 4.53 in the 40, had a 37-inch vertical leap, 9-11 broad jump, 4.20 short shuttle,

Both great workouts!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:
whiteathlete33 said:
From NFL.com:

Wide receiver Marc Mariani (6-0 7/8, 189) ran 4.48 and 4.49 in the 40, had a 36.5-inch vertical leap, 10-2 broad jump, 4.25 short shuttle, 6.84 three-cone drill and completed 11 repetitions of 225 pounds. Mariani looked good in position drills as well.

<div></div>
<div>Both great workouts! </div>

Yep!! It should definitely help both of their chances in getting drafted. I could see them being drafted in the 6th or 7th round.

white is right

Hall of Famer
sport historian said:
WHITE NOISE said:
whiteathlete33 said:

In Davis' 60s and 70s offense, Gerhart would have played FB and had thousand yard seasons.
Yes a bigger Van Eeghan or Hubbard.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Lafell only ran a 4.59 at the combine and a 4.55 at his pro day. Compare that to other similar sized White Wrs and they are about equal. There is no doubt in my mind that Lafell will get the preferred treatment.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Cynicaloptimist: I have four more safety prospects you could add to the list if you'd like:
Matt Harris FS Arkansas
Andrew Sendejo FS Rice
Alex Knipp SS Ball State
Lee Renfro SS Ohio

All 4 are somehow ranked below the 30th best prospect at their position by NFLdraftscout. I'm not great at evaluating safeties, but I have enough knowledge to say that Matt Harris is under ranked. He's ranked 47th at his position- and having watched him play and seeing he has the measurements scouts look for, I'll say that's quite low.

Matt O'Hanlon is ranked 40th at FS, while Larry Asante his Safety backfield mate at Nebraska is ranked 5th at SS. Yet Both of these gentlemen have strikingly similar production and measurements. One more piece of evidence of the BS caste system. I haven't scouted these guys much on film, but I'd assume- considering the aforementioned evidence- that neither is "tight hipped", a "lucky" athlete who somehow finds himself in the right place constantly, or is lacking athletically.

Matt O'Hanlon measurements at his Pro Day:
4.58- 40, 6.80 3-cone, 4.00 shuttle, BJ 10 feet, VJ 37.5 inches

Larry Asante: 4.55- 40, 7.00 3-cone, 4.17 shuttle, BJ 9'10", VJ 37.5 inches

Both are similar size- Asante is slightly bigger. And personally I like O'Hanlon's measurements better- b/c he has an edge in the agility drills and only has a negligible disadvantage in speed. And Asante's speed is a bit front loaded as he ran a 1.6 10 yard clip at the combine, which O'Hanlon didn't get the invitation to.

Compare their stats and you could make the argument that O'Hanlon was more influential in helping Nebraska win than Asante- he has a clear edge in big plays as a FS, but had less tackles- which is sometimes typical between a FS and SS.

So, I ask- what gives here?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I know hand timed 40 results at Pro Day's can vary in different articles, but since I'm a stickler for accuracy I thought I'd post what Yahoo said about O'Hanlon:

"Matt O'Hanlon (Safety, 5-10 5/8, 207) ran a 4.64 and 4.65 40-yard-dash, 4.27 short shuttle and 6.97 three-cone drill. He also put up 17 reps on the bench and had a 10-0 broad jump."

Usually the agility drills have a mere one official result, so I'm not sure if NFLdraftscout or Yahoo is correct.

Here is what Yahoo said about Larry Asante:

"Larry Asante (Strong safety, 6-0 3/8, 212) only ran the 40-yard-dash. He posted times of 4.66 and 4.68 seconds."

Edited to add: Asante put up 14 benches at the combine.
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins