DRAFT DADDY THANK GOD

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Maple Leaf said:
What's the relevance?

Especially since looking over that list, one can see that speed has nothing to do with whether one is a good receiver or not. Some of the slowest are some of the best, whereas some of the fastest are mediocre at best. Edited by: White Shogun

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like our chart-loving troll is obsessed with this thread. Hey, have you ever actually watched the Bengals??? Do you really think Houshmandzadeh is a 4.38 guy? He'd be lucky to cover 35 yards in 4.38. He's a slow possession receiver with good hands, you know, a "Mike Furrey type."

Did you watch the Jax-Pitt game last night? Ernest Wilford, Reggie Williams, Hines Ward, Carey Davis, Najeh Davenport, Gary Russell -- if the reason for black dominance in the NFL is their supposed "speed" advantage, to the point where whites are all but totally shut out even as backups,then why is the league filled with slow blackguys at the "speed" positions?

Despite the lack of importance in the bigger scheme of things of what a player's straight line speed is, if you watch games you can tell most of these guys listed above are no longerburners if they ever were. The only one that's as fast or faster than the listed times is probably Berrian. And if you read this site you know that every year there are plenty of white receivers in the 4.5 and under range who are not recruited by I-A schools, and of the ones who slip through the cracks and excel in smaller programs or as I-A walk-ons, the NFL rarely has any interest in them no matter how productive they are. Open your eyes!Edited by: Don Wassall

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Funny you mentioned Reggie Williams, Don. I brought him up in the Wildcard Weekend thread. That dude is as slow and flat footed as they come. Add that onto the fact that he doesn't have the best hands, and you really have to wonder why he is even on the field.

It is ridiculous, almost to the point of being mind-boggling and rendering me inarticulate, that Wilford and Williams are the starting wide receivers on a team that has Matt Jones on the bench.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The game on right now is another good example. Amani Toomer at this point in his career is slower than a lot of young tight ends, yet still is productive. Plaxico Burress is generally considered fast, yet Danny Farmer (both drafted by the Steelers in 2000) had a 40 time .01 faster than Burress, and had a far better vertical jump. Farmer left UCLA as that program's most productive receiver ever; he had a far better collegiate career than Burress yet was totally screwed over by the NFL while Burress was an "underachiever" for the most part who was given numerous seasons to reach his potential.

For the Bucs, Ike Hilliard is slow but is also productive. There's a huge pool of whites like Furrey, Welker and Stokley in addition to the big and fast white receivers, similar players to Hilliard and Toomer, but few ever get an opportunity. And it's not because whites have bad hands or aren't bright enough. Of course this is where the magical "loose hips" of blacks is cited, or how only they are capable of making "big plays," blah blah blah.Edited by: Don Wassall

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes, I remember Danny Farmer from back in the day. He was quite and athlete but never really got any playing time. The same thing was done to Keith Poole. He was productive when he was with the Saints but he just seemed to magically disappear after a few seasons. It was a shame because he was a solid receiver and even could be a deep threat. The worst part about this whole sitiation is that Kevin Curtis is probably the only white receiver that is considered fast in the NFL. Then again you still have black clown commenators who say he is a 3rd receiver even though he went over 1000 yards in his first season as a started. What was he supposed to do to get respect lead the league in receiving yards?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
whiteathlete33 said:
The worst part about this whole sitiation is that Kevin Curtis is probably the only white receiver that is considered fast in the NFL. Then again you still have black clown commenators who say he is a 3rd receiver even though he went over 1000 yards in his first season as a started. What was he supposed to do to get respect lead the league in receiving yards?

Even that wouldn't be enough. Drew Bennett finished second in the AFC in receiving yards in 2004, getting most of them in less than half a season when Billy Volek started in place of the injured Steve McNair by blowing past d-backfields for TD after TD, and how much respect did he get?

Draft Daddy said a 4.6, that is statistically inclusive of anything between a 4.55 and a 4.64, to exclude the times between 4.55 & 4.59 is incorrect.

NFL Draft Scout does not claim that those numbers are from the combine, they claim them to be the best VERIFIABLE time. Having a Bengals position coach claim to time T.J. is not verifiable, and frankly who knows how he came to that statement assuming he isn't purposefully misrepresenting the time to gain a strategic advantage. If you have a reliable source, that can be verified then present it, but to put up times based upon heresay doesn't do much to support your thesis, or lend you credibility.

Pro Days are put together by institutions as a venue for their athletes to be shown in the best light possible to enable them a shot to play at the next level (which will ultimately raise the institution's recruiting capital). They reguarly hold their timed 40's on tracks and with favorable wind conditions. The reason the combine is used to judge relative speed, is because its in a controlled environment (Dome) where everyone is running on the same surface. To compare one athletes time at the combine to another's time on a track with a tailwind is always going to bring about skewed results.

Nothing you have shown supports your claim that Draft Daddy was wrong in claiming that running a sub 4.6 40 isn't a prerequisite for having success at the NFL level as a WR.

Edited by: reclaimsocal

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Here's some more info for the troll: Ernest Wilford the slowest starting WR in the NFL I could find dating back to the 1999 draft on NFLdraftscout ran a 4.78 at the combine! That is slower than probably more than half the TEs in the league. Issac Bruce and Jerry Rice, two "all time greats", are both known to run 4.6s from several articles message boards I have read. And when a sports writer/announcer says a guy runs a 4.6 it is rounded. So this would include anything from 4.55-4.64 and I would include those times in Draft Daddy's comment.

As far as Mike Hass, he is very similar to Issac Bruce and deserves a shot. Hass has quicks, moves, hands, impressive hops and game speed. However Lovie has so little love for Hass that even the GM commented on how he was surprised Hass never saw the field after the Bears were eliminated from playoff contention! Can I call Lovie racist for sure, no, but I have strong circumstantial evidence that he either dislikes white skill players or has a strong bias that they can't play.

I also have strong circumstantial evidence that this troll hates white athletes b/c he keeps coming on here and skewing facts and never considers our opinions no matter how much research we do and then keeps coming back every single day after we delete him!
smiley11.gif
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Isaac Bruce is the reason Drew Bennett isn't getting his playing time. Isn't he like 110 by now? Hasn't Bennett already proved himself as an excellent receiver? No matter how good a season a white reciever has he has a good possibility of being demoted next year to a black nobody. This luckily doesn't happen to tight ends.

johnnyboy

Guru
Don Wassall said:
The game on right now is another good example. Amani Toomer at this point in his career is slower than a lot of young tight ends, yet still is productive. Plaxico Burress is generally considered fast, yet Danny Farmer (both drafted by the Steelers in 2000) had a 40 time .01 faster than Burress, and had a far better vertical jump. Farmer left UCLA as that program's most productive receiver ever; he had a far better collegiate career than Burress yet was totally screwed over by the NFL while Burress was an "underachiever" for the most part who was given numerous seasons to reach his potential.

For the Bucs, Ike Hilliard is slow but is also productive. There's a huge pool of whites like Furrey, Welker and Stokley in addition to the big and fast white receivers, similar players to Hilliard and Toomer, but few ever get an opportunity. And it's not because whites have bad hands or aren't bright enough. Of course this is where the magical "loose hips" of blacks is cited, or how only they are capable of making "big plays," blah blah blah.

i actually went to school with danny. didnt know him but he played on some of the best UCLA teams i've ever seen. nothing like the offensively inept crap we put on the field today.

i was always amazed at his jumping ability. i dont know the numbers but i bet it was over 40'. he always managed to get good separation and use his soft hand to haul in passes. he was one of those guys that was never scared to go over the middle. a great ball palyer, thru and thru.

i always wondered what happened with him, Farris and McNown. i was expecting big things from those guys but i guess the caste system is stronger in the NFL than it is in NCAA football. the thing with danny is i think he might have been too nice for the nfl. he was the epitome of a team player. a quiet kinda shy guy who just went out there and dominated pitch black secondaries week in week out. he wasnt a loud hip hopa-hole ( i remember reading he listened to "the indigo girls" before games), he didnt bad mouth coaches, or draw attention away from the team. in short, he was pretty much the complete opposite of most nfl type receivers. damn shame.

G

I also remember Danny Farmer from UCLA. Its a crime a person of his ability and character didn't last long in the NFL. This is the reason I will never pay to watch a live NFL game. If I am not mistaken he was an All American Volley Ball player as well.

If any members he can give a short Bio of his career in the NFL I would be most appreciative.

The lesson of Farmer should be to future white 'skill' position players is to stand up for yourself, believe in your self and don't take s..t from the negros and don't be pursued by Caste coaches who say instead of playing RB you need to play FB horse manure. I give huge credit to Kevin Curtis for believing in himself and refusing to play 3rd, 4th or f...ing STD (special teams demon)bravo to him!
smiley32.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kukulcan said:
If any members he can give a short Bio of his career in the NFL I would be most appreciative.

From CF's Wide Receiver archives:

DANNY FARMER

(9/1/03) Was cut by the Bengals in the final cutdown!?*#@%(&?! Read the 8/21/02 profile below to understand why this burns me up so much.

Admittedly, he has hurt himself by having too many minor injuries, but Farmer was very productive when used by the Bengals. If no team picks him up, this will have to rank with the treatment of Keith Poole and Gary Wellman as one of the greatest injustices committed against a white receiver with star talent. There's no reason why, if given the same long period to develop as the Steelers gave Plaxico Burris (drafted by the Steelers the same year as Farmer) that Farmer wouldn't be just as productive a receiver by now. And you think of bums like J. J. Stokes and Eddie Kennison, still starting after year and year of non-production, and a guy like Danny Farmer can't even get as much as a single chance to be a starter with a team in the NFL.

(10/16/02) Finally getting healthy after battling a knee injury, Farmer should start seeing significant playing time in Week 7. The other Bengals receivers have pretty much stunk, so if starting QB Jon Kitna can get time he may look to Farmer often. If he stays healthy Danny may be starting at some point this season. Even the media and various news groups are acknowledging that Farmer has been the team's most productive receiver when he plays.

(9/25/02) Danny has received few chances this year, but as always has produced. In the Bengals first game he was their leading receiver in yardage, including a 50-yard reception, the club's first in three years. He currently has a knee injury and may be out for another 1-3 weeks. Against Atlanta on national TV on 9/22, the Bengals receivers looked terrible. How much longer will they go with bums like Peter Warrick and Michael Westbrook? Farmer deserves the chance to start, because, simply, every time he has played with Cincinnati in '00, '01 and this year, he has been their most productive receiver.

(8/21/02) Farmer, though a walk-on (what else?), was the first freshman ever to lead UCLA in receiving, and is that school's all-time leader in receiving yardage (3,020 yards). For his college career, Danny averaged 19.0 yards per catch and was the biggest playmaker on a potent and explosive UCLA offensive machine.

Before his senior season at UCLA, Farmer was the subject of a flattering portrayal in Sports Illustrated. In that article, his college quarterback, Cade McNown, then a rookie with the Chicago Bears, said that even after playing in various college all-star games that featured such players as Peerless Price and Torry Holt, he considered Farmer the best receiver he had ever thrown to.

Tall and fast, Farmer is blessed with kangaroo-like leaping ability (he was twice selected an all-American in volleyball), long arms, great hands, and runs quick, precise routes.

Farmer was widely predicted to be late first round or early second round draft choice in 2000. However, an injury in his senior year dropped his stock. Still, he was considered a steal when Pittsburgh took him in the fourth round in 2000.

What happened to him after that is shocking, even given the way white receivers are treated in the NFL. Steelers head coach Bill Cowher quickly decided he disliked Farmer, and so did the black players (maybe it was the black players who didn't want this talent on the team, and Cowher willingly followed their lead). Farmer suddenly went from fighting for a starting job to supposedly battling washed-up journeyman Courtney Hawkins for the sixth and last roster spot for receivers.

The Pittsburgh media, which had initially printed positive stories about Farmer, followed Cowher's lead and declared Farmer to be a "disappointment" who was supposedly now dropping passes and would have trouble making the team. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette ran a large training camp photograph of cornerback Chad Scott (the same player who hit Patrick Jeffers when Jeffers tore his ACL during a 2000 preseason game) holding Farmer by the face mask in an attempt to intimidate him, further indication that the players wanted the Steelers to remain a "blacks-only" receiving corps, which has been the case during Cowher's 11 years as head coach.

In the meantime, the Steelers had in the same 2000 draft selected Plaxico Burris of Michigan in the first round. An inch taller than Farmer, Burris was slightly slower in the 40 (though the Pittsburgh media continually called Farmer "slow" and Burris "fast"), had inferior college statistics compared to Farmer, a questionable work ethic, and appeared to have a vertical leap of about two inches. Burris also regularly dropped passes.

Still, Burris was anointed a starter in his rookie year, and was subsequently a big disappointment, while Farmer didn't even make the team, the highest NFL draft choice from the 2000 draft not to make the team that selected him.

Farmer was picked up by the Bengals, possessors of the worst passing game in the league. Still, when he learned their system and was given a chance to play two-thirds of the way through the '00 season, he was their best receiver. He almost single-handedly won one of their few games, and also recorded the team's only 100-yard receiving game.

But instead of being installed as a starter for '01, Farmer was the team's fourth or fifth receiver for much of the year, behind Darnay Scott and his bad attitude, the disappointing Peter Warrick, Chad Johnson and Ron Duggans. He ended the season with 15 catches for 228 yards and 1 TD, the touchdown the decisive play in an upset win over the Steelers, sweet revenge for Farmer. In '00 Farmer was 19/268/0.

Warrick is being paid big money and will continue to start. The Bengals dumped Scott but signed Michael Westbrook, who like many black receivers is still treated as if he is a superstar in the making, even though he has been in the league for seven years and has been for the most part a major disappointment. Farmer is still in the mix, but where he will end up this year is uncertain. Given that white receivers, no matter how much talent they have, usually have to wait four or five years and bounce from team to team before getting a real chance to shine, when they actually do get a chance, it's hard to be optimistic about Farmer for this year.

G

Thanks Don, this article has made me more angry. I am hoping that NE pulverizes the Jags and the loss inspires Del Rio to have a Hillory moment (cry on the sidelines) becuase his affelets have lost, this is an important caste moment. Hopefully the master, Tom Brady and can demonstrate his superiority and demolish the Jags.

Farmer if he was healthy should not have given up so quickly though.
smiley18.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Farmer didn't give up, the archives don't cover the years when he was screwed by other teams such as Tampa Bay, where he was deemedunworthy to be even a sixth receiver and was cut in the preseason.

Whites at taboo positions with superstar potential are often run out of the NFLor never given any chance at all even as a backup.A sure-handed but otherwise pedestrian receiverlike Dane Looker, though himself screwed over for several years, eventually stuck around in the NFL while someone like Farmer can't be kept as a scrub when his talent is so obvious, so it's better to pretend he doesn't exist and keep him out of the league altogether.

Farmer tried for six years to make the NFL. His sad saga epitomizes how the Caste System works.

G

Don thanks for the info. I am still relatively new to this site and I think its great the truth is being discussed and brought to the forefront. But Could you please tell me the exact reason a NFL team would not want to utilize a player of Farmer's skills to win ball games. I would image that the league would have more white fans pay to see a player of his caliber perform rather that the criminal affelets that act like clowns every Sunday. Don, I believe Curtis, Welker and Whitten have begun to crack the caste system.

Why having a white at WR is taboo? I look forward to your response, again thanks for the info on Farmer.

Stonewall

Guru
Kukulcan, good point about white players standing up for themselves and being confident in their abilities.

Wes Welker is the epitome of this. Texas Tech coach Mike Leach tells the story of how on the first day of practice during Welker's 1st year, the receiver (who by the way, was a walk-on) walked around the practice field with his chest puffed out and an attitude of 'I'm going to be a stud here, and nothing is going to stop me'.

Leach said his first reaction was "who is this walk-on walking around like he owns this place". We all know the success Welker has had since.

We just need to keep instilling confidence in young white players, who are bombarded by a racist media on a daily basis in aculture that mocks and ridicules whites. We just can't put up with this.We need tofight those who attack us, and never give in.

Stonewall

Guru
Farmer was in a rough situation in Cincy having to play with guys like Warrick and Scott.I mean, waking up every morning and knowing you are going to be spending the next12 hours with a bunch of buffoons like those guys must be horrible.We're seeingnow more than ever that white players need to stick together. White receivers need tocongregate to teams thathave higher numbers of whites (New England & Indy), just like you've seen in baseball where white players in recent years have flocked to teams like Houston, Colorado,Texas, and Atlanta (resulting in blacks being virtually purged from those rosters. Hence all the complaints regarding a lack of blacks in baseball).

An example in the NFL used to be Seattle, wherein the late 80s Steve Largent, Paul Skansi, and Jeff Chadwick all formed a formidable wide receiver corps. Recently, St. Louis had Kevin Curtis and Dane Lookeron the roster at the same time.

As the black QB diesoff, more white quarterbacks will have the chance (as team leaders) to influence which receivers get theball, and more importantly the star quarterbacks can influence which receivers make rosters.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"Farmer was in a rough situation in Cincy having to play with guys like Warrick and Scott. I mean, waking up every morning and knowing you are going to be spending the next 12 hours with a bunch of buffoons like those guys must be horrible."

smiley36.gif
Haha, yet another moronic variable for white skill players to face, hating the idiocy of your fellow teammates!

The sickest part of the Peter Warrick saga is the fact that he actually "earned" a roster spot with Mike Holmgren in Seattle!
smiley7.gif
That fat pig allowed a TOTAL BUST like Warrick to make the team, and cut Jerehme Urban about 12 times in the process! I hope that obese slob gets exactly what's coming to him.

Guys like Danny Farmer, Chas Gessner, and Bill Schroeder are the reason I despise Jon Gruden. I'm happy they were quickly eliminated from the playoffs (as Holmgren's Seahwaks will be soon enough)...

I think that most of us would agree that Farmer's story is one that honestly, without-question proves the caste-system in the NFL. He'd have been Randy Moss with better hands, leaping ability and work ethic.Edited by: Thrashen

Stonewall

Guru
Totally agree with you Thrashen on all of the points from your high qualitypost, especially the beating that Holmgren's team will take this weekend against Green Bay.

This Seattle team was fortunate to beat the woeful Redskins at home. Really, the entire NFC playoff picture is one of ineptitiude and futility. As usual, I'll strictly be rooting for white players in these two games. Although, I do like the idea of Eli Manning (and his white offensive linemen)sticking itto all of the media clowns who have criticized himfor some time now. Especially Tiki Barber. I'd love to hear what Barber would say on"Green" NBC if Eli led the Giants to the Super Bowl.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"Although, I do like the idea of Eli Manning (and his white offensive linemen) sticking it to all of the media clowns who have criticized him for some time now. Especially Tiki Barber. I'd love to hear what Barber would say on "Green" NBC if Eli led the Giants to the Super Bowl."

It's too funny that ESPN and other emasculated, clueless sportswriters have repeated; "Eli sucks" so many times that the mush-head white fans actually believe they wouldnt be 2-14 without Eli. Little do they know, Eli was 10x more valueable than soft-spoken Tiki ever was to the Giants.

Overrated Tiki will forever be on my sh*tlist for acting like such a little girly b*tch when talking badly about Eli through the media (on about 4-5 different occasions). Why? We all know that the fading star only did this for the attention. The truth about Tiki, is that he ALWAYS ran behind a good-to-great OL.

Based on how the Giants have played on offense this season without Barber, it doesnt seem like they needed him at all!
smiley32.gif
Watch Eli lead his team over the fading Cowgirls. Hopefully Witten can still have a great playoff game...Edited by: Thrashen

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Thrashen said:
"Although, I do like the idea of Eli Manning (and his white offensive linemen) sticking it to all of the media clowns who have criticized him for some time now. Especially Tiki Barber. I'd love to hear what Barber would say on "Green" NBC if Eli led the Giants to the Super Bowl."

It's too funny that ESPN and other emasculated, clueless sportswriters have repeated; "Eli sucks" so many times that the mush-head white fans actually believe they wouldnt be 2-14 without Eli. Little do they know, Eli was 10x more valueable than soft-spoken Tiki ever was to the Giants.

Overrated Tiki will forever be on my sh*tlist for acting like such a little girly b*tch when talking badly about Eli through the media (on about 4-5 different occasions). Why? We all know that the fading star only did this for the attention. The truth about Tiki, is that he ALWAYS ran behind a good-to-great OL.

Based on how the Giants have played on offense this season without Barber, it doesnt seem like they needed him at all!
smiley32.gif
Watch Eli lead his team over the fading Cowgirls. Hopefully Witten can still have a great playoff game...

But Tiki has a great smile
smiley36.gif
and he's very well spoken, he almost sounds like a white man. No felony arrests yet, no white trophy wife, how can you not like the guy.
smiley2.gif

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
tiki-and-wife.jpg

You're right, but a hot asian trophy wife! Haha, I love how arrogant Tiki is. He reminds me of Brett Farve in the way he carries himself...almost like he believes all the braindead media hype (for whatever reason).

smiley36.gif
Tiki is about 2-3" taller than she is, HahaEdited by: Thrashen