don’t want to piss on your parade

mark b.

Did anyone on this site honestly think Brian Leonard was really gonna get a fair shake by anybody. It wouldn't make any difference what his forty time was, what his vertical jump was, or how many times he could bench press 500 lbs. They are going to use the same ole worn out lame excuses as to why he would not be a good rb in the NFL[negroes forever league]. Even if he gets drafted as a rb he'll never get to carry the ball. No offense, but there have been plenty of rb as good or better than Leonard who have never been given a chance. Anyone remember Mike Alstott? What a waste of talent. He could have been one of the best ever. Rutgers certainly didn't do him any favors by demoting him to a token fullback. If the college which he made into a national power didn't have much faith in him why would any NFL team be different. Rutgers prpbably did more to ruin his chances of being a prime time rb than anything else. This happens every year and I don't see anything that's gonna change it. I wish Brian Leonard all the best because I think he has all the physical tools to make it, but that doesn't seem to be enough. Does anyone out there have any ideas as to what it will take for a white to play runningback. If you do I'd sure like to know what it is. I guess white guys just don't have enough wiggle. That seems to be the flavor of the day. If we have a back who runs a 4.0 forty, benches 750lbs., a 50" vertical, and wiggles like a snake, maybe and just maybe he'll get a chance. NOT!

White Power

Mentor
I firmly beleive in the american spirit of fairness. If you read chat boards of varous pro football teams many fans are very high on Brian Leonard. A team will draft Leonard to be in the mix at running back possibly the New England Patriots hell they let Heath Evans run the ball at the end of games from the tailback postion. Leonard ran a 4.49 when all the announcers thought he would do much worse. He will be the first of many running backs to come who will be able to carry the ball from the tail back position. Why? because the NFL goes in circles it takes one white guy to run the ball and be succsessful then all the other teams will follow. The reason the don't run the ball now is because the trend has been against such players, but i beleive the tide is turning. Brian leonard is too good of a person and Football player to be denied. He will open the door for more whites to play the postion in both college and the pro's. It is Brian Leonards time to shine he will not disapoint all of us who have supported him in his efforts.

mark b.

I sure hope you're right, but I'm not betting on it. I think you're right when you say it only takes one to get it started, but I'm afraid that one will have to be superhuman. I'd settle for Leonard being a 4.5 fullback if they'll let him run the ball. I don't want to see another white rb turn into a seldom used Alstott. A 4.5 fullback is a very potent weapon, but only if you let him run the ball. You have to give young white football players someone to identify with.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Hey mark b.
You don't have a float in this parade or what?
smiley2.gif

cutty

Guru
I'm just worried if he doesn't break his first run for a 75 yard touchdown, he's finished. He will not be cut near the slack that a black running back gets to prove himself.