Divisional Playoffs

Bart

Hall of Famer
Peter King wrote a lengthy piece about the playoffs and actually made a pont that Caste Football would agree with. I was going to to cut and paste his comment concerning the awful pass interference calls, then noticed #7.

6. I think I talked to one league official, two head coaches, a quarterback, a GM on as the day progressed Sunday, and there was one common theme: The officials are making too many mistakes for this time of year. The one NO ONE could believe was the Asante Samuel interference on Ashley Lelie. As the GM said: "Don't tell me that didn't have a big part in the outcome of the game because the game ended up not being close. It was huge.'' I say: Allow replay for pass interference. I know it opens up a can of worms, but it's just too big a problem six or eight times a year, and it's a problem that can be corrected.

7. I think this about the situation of Kansas City offensive coordinator Al Saunders, who, over the last four years, has choreographed and called every offensive snap for the highest-scoring team in football, and yet seems to be a candidate for only one of the open jobs, Oakland: If Al Saunders were black, Jesse Jackson would be holding rallies to rail against the injustice of him not being in demand as a head coach

Weltner

Guru
emt1 said:
I tell u what, bettis ought to be kissing big ben's a** for making that TD saving tackle

Damn right!Why couldn't any of the black players catch up to the guy,and tackle him,before</span> Rothlesberger got to him? Because,you know,they're supposed to be so fast </span>and everything....

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
We had some good all-around offensive performances this weekend besides the QB's, as well as some guys who weren't used much but made some big plays when they were. Here they are.

Chris Cooley-4 for 85
Dallas Clark-4 for 84 and a TD
Heath Miller-3 for 61 and a TD Plays next week
Joe Jurevicius-1 for 31 Plays next week
Ricky Proehl-3 for 28 Plays next week
Jerame Tuman-1 for 19 Plays next week
Jeb Putzier-1 for 14 Plays next week
Brad Hoover-2 for 13 Plays next week
Brandon Stokley-1 for 13
Kris Mangum-1 for a 1 yard TD Plays next week
Heath Evans-1 for 3
Dan Kreider-1 run for 2 Plays next week
Ryan Hannam-1 for 1 Plays next week

It is a shame most of these guys were under-utilized for much of the season. Maybe it will be a little better next year.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Nice article Don!
smiley36.gif
You got me on that one.

foreverfree

Mentor
Bart said:
It is a sad day in American history. As Don pointed out, all the black QB's have bitten the dust and Lovie, Tony and Marvin went down in bitter defeat. Denny has failed miserably, Romeo hasn't done much and Herm has left New York with a dark cloud over his head.  What a way to celebrate Martin Luther King's holiday? Taint fair I tell Ya!

smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Don Wassall said:
Nick Goings is going to be Carolina's featured runner against Seattle.  He's about three-fourths white, the closest thing the NFL has to a white tailback these days.  Would be nice if John Fox involves Brad Hoover too.

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=22944 19[/url]

So where ARE we drawing the line?
smiley4.gif
Three-quarters white? five-eighths? Half and half? When do we have to stop cheering for a player?
smiley5.gif
{Sigh...} There never a paper bag handy when you need one.
smiley17.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
well li don't know... in my opinion guys that are viewed as mixed don't go throught the same pains as white guys... they are allowed to play whatever position they feel like etc... Jason Taylor, Rod Woodson and many others... i still like Goings' running style and i prefer him over Foster... and that also means that Hoover will get some carries by default... now if only Gongs goes down Brad might be a starter in the Superbowl ;)

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good question, Ta Waki Mumba. I pull for Goings because he is the closest thing we have. At the same time, I will be pulling for Hoover to get more carries. Maybe he will get 10 or more this week.

Bart

Hall of Famer
One more observation about the Colts and Patriots. Both Brady and Manning had the kitchen sink thrown at them. I swear, in the first half alone Lynch blitzed and came in untouched at least a half dozen times. I saw Dillon offer token resistance. Is Dillon considered a good blocker? He didn't do much this year. Is Edgerrin a good blocker. During the playoffs it would be wiser to get strong blocking white backs on the field. Sure handed tough blocking white tight ends are also valuable in postseason games. Just my two cents.

Bart said:
One more observation about the Colts and Patriots. Both Brady and Manning had the kitchen sink thrown at them. I swear, in the first half alone Lynch blitzed and came in untouched at least a half dozen times.
Man Lynch was on fire, but not according to his coach who gave the game ball to "Chump" Bailey afterwards.

Bart

Hall of Famer
castefootballer said:
Man Lynch was on fire, but not according to his coach who gave the game ball to "Chump" Bailey afterwards.

Bailey got thegame ball?! That figures. From a S.I. column about the game:

It had been a very tough night for the Champ. Andre Davis, a Cleveland castoff, had beaten him for 51 yards in the first half. David Givens had beaten him for 21 on a quick post, and four plays before the Ferguson blitz Deion Branch had run a little hook in front of him that left him floundering, and had run by him for 26 yards.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Holmgren clears Sean Locklear to play Sunday, just days after being arrested for domestic assault. Read this bleeding heart explanation from Holmgren. Sounds just like when he was cooing about Koren Robinson being like a son to him. Too bad he didn't have enough empathy for Jesse Lumsden to give him as much as a single carry:

Holmgren told KIRO Radio that Locklear's domestic-violence arrest "is not what it appears to be."

"He apologized to me yesterday. He's going to speak to his teammates today," Holmgren said. "He's a good guy. He's not a bad guy. They're young kids, though, and sometimes their judgment fails them just a little bit."

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=22966 54[/url]

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
What Holmgren should have said: They are arrogant, immature delinquents who can't control themselves and deserve whatever punishment they get.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Quotes from Locklear story:As they walked down the sidewalk, "Locklear grabbed her around the neck," the police report said. Officers wrote that they observed visible redness on her neck and chest. Three witnesses who initially summoned police said they saw the man grab the woman around the neck, "putting both hands around her neck," according to the report.

I wonder if Locklear learned that move from Holmgren?
smiley36.gif
Hey, boys will be boys right? He's really a good guy you know, just keepingda -Ho - in line. Visible red marks aroundher neck? Probably a trophy white girl.

Another quote: He also must abstain from alcohol and other drugs while the case is pending.Edited by: Bart

JD074

Master
Bart said:
Visible red marks around her neck? Probably a trophy white girl.

That was my first thought when reading that. How could you see "redness" on a black girl's skin? Must be white. Oh well. That's what you get....

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
One wonders how many black athletes would be in jail were it not for their employment in professional sports. Locklear seems just another thug in uniform.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I would love to see someone choke him and see how he feels.What a jerk,and a rich one at that.Someone please get control of these guys.They are so out of control.The problem is that we have created these monsters by the people that idolize them and put them up on a pedestal.I'm not talking about us here at Caste but the fans and public in general.
smiley7.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
castefootballer said:

Bailey got the game ball?! That figures. From a S.I. column about the game:

It had been a very tough night for the Champ. Andre Davis, a Cleveland castoff, had beaten him for 51 yards in the first half. David Givens had beaten him for 21 on a quick post, and four plays before the Ferguson blitz Deion Branch had run a little hook in front of him that left him floundering, and had run by him for 26 yards.

I had pointed out to some friends after the game, and during the game here on Caste Football, how badly Champ was getting burned by New England's 'pedestrian' receivers. But one INT and a pre-distributed rep gave Baily the game ball. The ESPN radidiots were also singing his praises the day after, and still are, a week after the game.

backrow

Hall of Famer
well on top of that he almost lost this ball after he slowed down to showboat some on this interception... Lynch was all over the field for Broncos, also had a nice interception (did he actually catch that?
smiley4.gif
) and was in on several key tackles and QB hurries...